Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
It makes no difference as to whether its "working" or not and will feel unique to each as we are individuals.

CES, I so love reading this, especially because it is coming from you!!!

You have come a very long way over the past few years and the fact that you have stuck with it to get to this point is very commendable and I am personally very proud of you for sticking it out!!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
If healing comes thru us, when we put our hands over a part of the body to be healed, aren't we supposed to feel a warm feeling in our hands ? if not, is the healing not coming thru ?

Dream Angel xx
I would suggest letting go of all preconceptions about what should happen or what is supposed to happen.

Just allow what will happen to happen.

Believe a belief that all will work out for the best, and having trust and faith in ourselves, others, and in something larger than us.

Just my opinion
Old 09-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, EP, I do believe you are right and I should do this ...it is so easy to get caught up in expectations of how one should do things, or how things should happen, especially when reading about other people's experiences. Sometimes we think we want to have exactly the same experience, when perhaps ... our own unique experience may be just as good or even better. Very difficult not to compare experiences, but I am working on this.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-08-2012, 05:31 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Sometimes we think we want to have exactly the same experience, when perhaps ... our own unique experience may be just as good or even better.

Agreed, that is human nature

Quote:
Very difficult not to compare experiences, but I am working on this.
We all do it, it's trying to be aware that of it when it happens and call ourselves on it which is the key IMO
Old 13-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
I would suggest letting go

I realise I have taken your quote EP and cut it right down to just these words above......I think that with reiki both the receiver and the sender need to let go. If you go with a closed mind then although you will receive some benefit, you may not get all that is available. That is why in my opinion you should have a good relationship with the person who is sending/channeling what ever the right word is. so that if in your letting go - an individual appears or feels like they are falling apart, that there is no fear of doing this. Obviously that would take some time and there would need to be mutual understanding between the two parties.

Reiki for me is balance and about helping to put that back into our lives. If we want to hang on to some of the parts that put us out of balance we will always be a little lopsided and maybe not achieve our full potential.
Honour your parents, teachers
and elders.
Earn your living honestly.
Give thanks for all living things.
Old 13-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Master
It occurs to me that people feel different sensations all the time whether healing or not, so if the hand tingles it doesn't mean squat, because it might just tingle because one focuses on it where they were previouslt attending to other things.

Try it. Close eyes and feel the hand for one minute...
Old 13-08-2012, 11:15 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
If healing comes thru us, when we put our hands over a part of the body to be healed, aren't we supposed to feel a warm feeling in our hands ? if not, is the healing not coming thru ?

Dream Angel xx

Dream angel I notice that when I am doing reiki healings on others, I usually feel a cool sensation flowing through my hands and the part of the body that it is directed too..I do recall others feel warmth..sometimes I do not feel any sensation in my hands because the healing is directed to me in other ways..to feel and experience for the one receiving..In hands on healing, spirit may want you to listen or focus in other ways for the one wanting the healing to pass on messages etc..or they themselves may receive in this way...
Old 14-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Reikichris

It makes little difference what the ‘healer’ feels, so long as they sing the song of healing all that matters is what the client hears, if the client hears the song of healing they will remember how to be whole and heal themselves. If the ‘healer’ stands in doubt, then the song will falter and the result will be inaction, have faith in yourself and if you truly wish for feedback do not look to your hands or to the experiences of others, ask the client, they are the ones who hear the song – if they heal it does not matter what temperature your hands experience.
This is one of the reasons why self-healing is so important, for it is during self-healing that the client and the ‘healer’ are one and the same, if you have experienced self-healing then there should be no doubt, if you have not then that is what you should seek first. Love and compassion, even for yourself are the means to successful healing, focus on those, live the precepts and all will follow.

love
chris

More on the song and precepts on my blog
Old 14-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikichris
It makes little difference what the ‘healer’ feels, so long as they sing the song of healing all that matters is what the client hears, if the client hears the song of healing they will remember how to be whole and heal themselves. If the ‘healer’ stands in doubt, then the song will falter and the result will be inaction, have faith in yourself and if you truly wish for feedback do not look to your hands or to the experiences of others, ask the client, they are the ones who hear the song – if they heal it does not matter what temperature your hands experience.

More on the song and precepts on my blog

I think most musicians would agree with that.
Old 14-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces

Reiki for me is balance and about helping to put that back into our lives. If we want to hang on to some of the parts that put us out of balance we will always be a little lopsided and maybe not achieve our full potential.

This could explain why I have been walking at an angle ..... needing some balance ? Maybe I need some Reiki ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction