Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 14-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Master
The unholy are the Christians, after all their the one's who think they need the commandments to behave lol.
Old 14-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Master
I am horrified by this Thread!

lol just kidding.

Jesus pretty much summed it up. Love one another, thy self, and God. That pretty much sums it all up.

Why should anyone bother with the Old Testament? Its all tribal minded consciousness.

Its like applying Greek politics to modern day United States politics. Just because it is all politics doesn't mean they apply to one another.

I don't think we need 10 Commandments on front lawn Court houses, Supreme Courts, and Senate buildings.

Human beings pretty much know that killing, stealing, cheating against your lover, coveting, and dishonoring your parents are pretty much low-minded consciousness. They keep you from growing and becoming more and more full of Awareness.

The whole "Sabbath day" and "No other gods beside me" can be modernized as "Make sure to keep a few hours a week for meditation on God/Source/Light etc." and "Make sure to have One Ideal, One Aim, One Source, not many distractions from the Truth".

i am surprised nobody realizes that historically Moses was from a Semite group who actually aided the Egyptians towards protecting their northern border. Once these Semite warriors became useless, they were being used as stone movers and basically "slaves" to Egyptian materialism. Moses' entire campaign was militaristic. The guy was some mystic who spoke with the Source directly in his consciousness, but was also a feared warrior to lead campaigns out of Egypt and went to conquer other lands and his "Source- I AM that I AM" became more and more diluted into a Jehovah Desert War-God. Ironically the time of Moses was the Age of Aries. This is no surprise since Aries is the "God of War". Just because it was okay in Moses' time under that state of "tribal" consciousness to kill and pillage your enemies doesn't mean it is okay now. So why keep the Old Testament?

Humanity has already grown past all of this development. We are now in a more older-adult state of mind. We are past the infancy in Genesis, the adolescence of Exodus, the disciplinary college life of Leviticus/Dueteromy/Books/etc, were past the young adult trials and tribulations of Kings I and II/Dark Ages, and we came to the adulthood in Jesus. Now humanity is ready for Adult spirituality.

Enough with the old, in with the new.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I am horrified by this Thread!

lol just kidding.

Jesus pretty much summed it up. Love one another, thy self, and God. That pretty much sums it all up.

Why should anyone bother with the Old Testament? Its all tribal minded consciousness.

Its like applying Greek politics to modern day United States politics. Just because it is all politics doesn't mean they apply to one another.

I don't think we need 10 Commandments on front lawn Court houses, Supreme Courts, and Senate buildings.

Human beings pretty much know that killing, stealing, cheating against your lover, coveting, and dishonoring your parents are pretty much low-minded consciousness. They keep you from growing and becoming more and more full of Awareness.

The whole "Sabbath day" and "No other gods beside me" can be modernized as "Make sure to keep a few hours a week for meditation on God/Source/Light etc." and "Make sure to have One Ideal, One Aim, One Source, not many distractions from the Truth".

i am surprised nobody realizes that historically Moses was from a Semite group who actually aided the Egyptians towards protecting their northern border. Once these Semite warriors became useless, they were being used as stone movers and basically "slaves" to Egyptian materialism. Moses' entire campaign was militaristic. The guy was some mystic who spoke with the Source directly in his consciousness, but was also a feared warrior to lead campaigns out of Egypt and went to conquer other lands and his "Source- I AM that I AM" became more and more diluted into a Jehovah Desert War-God. Ironically the time of Moses was the Age of Aries. This is no surprise since Aries is the "God of War". Just because it was okay in Moses' time under that state of "tribal" consciousness to kill and pillage your enemies doesn't mean it is okay now. So why keep the Old Testament?

Humanity has already grown past all of this development. We are now in a more older-adult state of mind. We are past the infancy in Genesis, the adolescence of Exodus, the disciplinary college life of Leviticus/Dueteromy/Books/etc, were past the young adult trials and tribulations of Kings I and II/Dark Ages, and we came to the adulthood in Jesus. Now humanity is ready for Adult spirituality.

Enough with the old, in with the new.

You'll just have to forgive those of us who are not quite ready to consign Judaism into the dust bin of history.

You'll just have to put up with those of us who, with all due respect, disagree with most of what you espouse and remain committed to the covenant at Sinai. You'll just have to get used to the fact that we have no intention of becoming curious little artifacts in a history museum.

Anf before I forget - which is easy at my age - is there some source you are using to the identify G-d as "I am that I am?" I ask only because that phrase does not appear in the Torah.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 15-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Imagine if Jesus came back and seen the christians have made a religion out of him. Would he be horrified?

Would christians attack him as a false prophet?

You could imagine what he would do with the bible

No, he would not.. Millions of people around the globe find solace and comfort with scriptures and with him and even his teachings. So he would not be horrified in such a thing.

Said beliefs are not for everyone, and that is OK. They do not need to be for everybody. They are for those that need them at said time in life. If they find something better for them. That is great for them. If they do not. That is also great for them.

Not even counting those acts the church does that are good for the communities they are in. Such as donations, food, housing of the poor. Etc. Sure there are the bads seeds, but that is everyone. Even those that claim to be highly religious or even highly spiritual can have tendencies to do acts that are unbecoming.

Would they attack him as a false prophet? It's possible, very possible. For they have placed him onto a certain pedestal and expect him to be a certain way.. And if he does not live up to what they have made him out to be. They have no way to accept that truth, and are told to reject it as being false.

What he would do with the bible? He would expand it, clear up and confusions of what his teachings do and do not mean. So there is no more misinterpreting it. There is lies all the dilemmas of those books. People putting their own interpretations on it.
Old 15-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
No, he would not.. Millions of people around the globe find solace and comfort with scriptures and with him and even his teachings. So he would not be horrified in such a thing.

Said beliefs are not for everyone, and that is OK. They do not need to be for everybody. They are for those that need them at said time in life. If they find something better for them. That is great for them. If they do not. That is also great for them.

Not even counting those acts the church does that are good for the communities they are in. Such as donations, food, housing of the poor. Etc. Sure there are the bads seeds, but that is everyone. Even those that claim to be highly religious or even highly spiritual can have tendencies to do acts that are unbecoming.

Would they attack him as a false prophet? It's possible, very possible. For they have placed him onto a certain pedestal and expect him to be a certain way.. And if he does not live up to what they have made him out to be. They have no way to accept that truth, and are told to reject it as being false.

What he would do with the bible? He would expand it, clear up and confusions of what his teachings do and do not mean. So there is no more misinterpreting it. There is lies all the dilemmas of those books. People putting their own interpretations on it.

Amein. Sheep that pretty much agrees. Christians would not recognize the Messiah and the Messiah would not recognize the Christians, except those that were beginning to recognize their Hebrew roots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amein.
Old 15-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Master
Sorry if that post was offensive RabbiO.

I don't think Judaism should be left in the dust-bin. And I don't think Jesus wanted to make Christianity. I believed he wanted to reform Judaism.

I take it that Judaism doesn't read the Old Testament "literally".

I can not follow a man like Moses who killed and pillaged so much. Unless the story is about something else than the world is missing.

I wouldn't mind if you explained what Orthodox Judaism takes from the Exodus story.

Is it taken literally? Or is there a lot of symbolism and metaphor?
Old 18-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Scattered Sheep

Exo_16:23 And he said to them, “This is what יהוה has said, ‘Tomorrow is a rest, a Sabbath set-apart to יהוה. That which you bake, bake; and that which you cook, cook. And lay up for yourselves all that is left over, to keep it until morning.’ ”
Exo_16:26 “Gather it six days, but on the seventh day, which is the Sabbath, there is none.”
Exo_16:29 “See, because יהוה has given you the Sabbath, therefore He is giving you bread for two days on the sixth day. Let each one stay in his place, do not let anyone go out of his place on the seventh day.”
Exo_16:30 So the people rested on the seventh day1. Footnote: The seventh day of the week, the weekly Sabbath,
Old 18-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Master
Jesus this, Moses that, Abraham hit me in the head with a wiffle ball bat

So funny : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMAxR75xSM
Old 18-05-2013, 09:25 AM
TeeHee

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Imagine if Jesus came back and seen the christians have made a religion out of him. Would he be horrified?

Would christians attack him as a false prophet?

You could imagine what he would do with the bible

Matthew 16:18 - And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

John 10:27 - My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Luke 11:51 - "from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all."

This is how we get the order of Old Testament and the books within, Jesus validated the entire book.

Why start this thread and post it in Judaism?
Old 18-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Scattered Sheep

Idk TH, keep stating the truth, we know the truth offends but must be stated anyway.