Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks..

Tris; "The sad fact is, is that true Christians get their information from real angels.
Some of them have actually witnessed Heaven and Sheol/Hades/Tartarus and the Lake of Fire.But it seems that 99% of the world population just are not ready for the truth."

Well - Iam one such true Christian,and yes indeed,I have encountered Beings whom tell me they are Angelic,the same entities the bible and other sources speak of,various names and religions..These Beings ARE very very real indeed,and do have a kinship with us...

I have even met such a Being Whom I knew to Be the Christ,and I will tell you bluntly,I have asked about such thngs in depth...The short answer here - believe it or not - but He basically laughed at my naivete,and bid me put the bible down,forget the other sources entirely,for they have led us astray...

There is no eternal damnation,or an eternal seperation from the Father - He said that was not even posible for ALL creation is OF the Father mind - neither is there a source of evil such as satan - there are though,demonic forces - those who have Fallen so far from the Light,they have truly forgotten Who they Are,and have embraced an opposite contrary nature...Evil exists IN the world,but not in a spirit realm of their own..They are trapped here by their own mechanisms..He told me to guard against their influences,for they are INCORPOREAL,have no body or form,and so MUST then now POSESS or try to ingluence us,get us to give power and authirity to them,thus they have ther control..

These hells we speak of,spiritual realms,are SELF CREATED temporary realitiies,as the individual MORTAL mind tries to make sense of its predicamant as it encounters the greater realities,often for the very first time..

I could tell you for instance that Christ explained in detail how and why Creation happens and it is all to do with DIVINE MIND - suffice it to say that your very beliefs and expectations will LITERALLY CREATE that which you are believing..If you believe fully that you deserve punishment in hell,then that is what YOU will create for your Self..That is why this particular religion has it so so wrong,teachng this as if it is truth,when really it is only POSSIBILITY,and the outcome is DIRECTLY moulded and defined by the things we know of our Self,experiences gained during the mortal life..

Ergo,spend that life believing in hell and damnation,spend that life being told repeatedly that you are a lost and hopeles sinner,and this hell is your destiny,and sure enough,upon your death,that IS what you will directly experience - bought about by your own Self ignorance and false teaching of others...

But of course this self creation,is not the universal reality,but rather it is a little pocket reality,a stop gap - and so after some time and experience of this Self created hell the Soul wil again see through the illusion somewhat,and perhaps progress will be made.....

The overwhelming majority of departing Souls here,IMMEDIATLEY reincarnate into a new mortal life,and dont even get to the self created realms let alone the universal Heavens beyond...See,they die and they BELIEVE they are human,mortal,and most have no idea of their true Soul and nature - believing they are mortal wil again quite naturaly CREATE their desire for them,and so another mortal life is soon assumed...This is truly KARMA - Self conceiving and Self created always,for I and the Father are ONE without any possible seperation..Instead of teachng our child this evil aspect,we should imbue in them the other and authentic aspect,make them Self aware,so that they may discern trith fo rthem Self..

He said - suffer the children to come unto me - that did not mean abuse the child,make them scared and fill them with dread and anguish - not suffer,as in something bad that must be endured, - but suffer,as in ALLOW the event to happen - facilitate it - allow the child to BE a child,and it will NATURALLY find the truth...
Thanks for posting this Pete ..... eternal damnation ? ..... I don't think so.

Hell is a something that people create for themselves, and in themselves.

I was raised a Christian ..... sunday school, church choir, the whole thing, and I was taught all about heaven and hell. The older I get though, the more I see that the creator is all about love ..... that's it, pure and simple.

Why would he cast countless souls into an eternal hellfire damnation ...... we are ALL his children, his creations, his loving expression of himself.

Child abuse ? ...... I don't know if I would use such strong words, but certainly in my opinion, the wrong message is being preached to children, and to adults too, maybe in an attempt to teach right from wrong, morals and consequences ..... just a thought ?

Christianity is not solely guilty of this though, other religions have taught this message for many an age because it was handed down that way.

The messages were a product of their time remember ...... how things were written and re-written, and related to the masses a couple of millennia ago are still the fundamental backbone of the teaching today ...... rightly or wrongly, but control of the masses by fear seems to stand out from it to me.

The creator I believe in, loves us all regardless ....... do good if you can, do the right thing, yes, etc .......... but, if you fall down, or fear you have "strayed from the path" do not fear that God will burn you in hell for your sins ....... that is just a waste of your energy when you could focus on better, more positive things in this mortal life.

He will always be there for you.
Old 13-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Gracey

Yep, it is just not Christians that taught messages of Hell.

A Brief History of Cultural Hell Gracey
Old 13-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Searching
Child abuse ? ...... I don't know if I would use such strong words, but certainly in my opinion, the wrong message is being preached to children, and to adults too, maybe in an attempt to teach right from wrong, morals and consequences ..... just a thought ?

Instilling extreme fear in a child is psychic abuse pure and simple. Child abuse is not just about physical beatings and sexual abuse but can be mental and emotional. Would you tell a 6 year old child "the truth" about rapes, murders and genital mutilations in graphic details that happen in the world? I wouldn't... Same principle applies here.
Old 13-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Yep, it is just not Christians that taught messages of Hell.

A Brief History of Cultural Hell Gracey
Very interesting post Gracey ..... I think I may have read this before. Thanks for the re-post
Old 13-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Instilling extreme fear in a child is psychic abuse pure and simple. Child abuse is not just about physical beatings and sexual abuse but can be mental and emotional. Would you tell a 6 year old child "the truth" about rapes, murders and genital mutilations in graphic details that happen in the world? I wouldn't... Same principle applies here.
I can see your point SeaZen .... I suppose it just depends on the degree to which the child is subjected to the idea of hell and damnation that makes me unsure as to whether I agree on the broad Child Abuse label.

Personally, I was taught about heaven and hell as a small child, and while it did make me think about it at the time, I wouldn't say now that I feel I was abused by it.

Looking back now, I have the mind to disagree with the message, but I can see where you are coming from with your point. I suppose it is all relative to the individual, and the degree to which they were/are taught this way.
Old 13-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Master

Quote:
I can see your point SeaZen .... I suppose it just depends on the degree to which the child is subjected to the idea of hell and damnation that makes me unsure as to whether I agree on the broad Child Abuse label.

Personally, I was taught about heaven and hell as a small child, and while it did make me think about it at the time, I wouldn't say now that I feel I was abused by it.

Looking back now, I have the mind to disagree with the message, but I can see where you are coming from with your point. I suppose it is all relative to the individual, and the degree to which they were/are taught this way.

Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it didn't have a negative effect on you. In any case, IMHO, it would be best to err on the side of caution and not mention it at all.
Old 14-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it didn't have a negative effect on you. In any case, IMHO, it would be best to err on the side of caution and not mention it at all.
No problem
Old 14-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Master
Most cultures, if not all, have some kind of horror stories to scare little kids into behaving appropriately, and I don't think there's harm in it, but the story of eternal and inescapable hell is going too far, as it invokes the worst possible suffering the imagination can muster.

Better to instill a strong sense of conscience in the young so that grow to act out of consideration for the greater good, and not out of fear of eternal damnation.
Old 14-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Master
They should stop teaching religion all together and just focus on thing such as emotional intelligence and certain spirituality concepts for kids. At the end of the day most religions are just some bodies perception of spirituality anyway, which as you can see has been edited and manipulated.
Old 14-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:

Christianity is not solely guilty of this though, other religions have taught this message for many an age because it was handed down that way.
:

I agree Christianity is not solely guilty of this, but when we consider that it is the largest religion on earth, roughly 1/3 of humans are Christians, then they bear a majority of fault for teaching this unusual terror to children; ( and hey, if a parent believes something themselves, they most likely will teach it to their children), so Christianity is terrorizing themselves as well, because they believe God is terrorizing his Children; so they think its the right thing to do, because in their belief, God is doing it. Christians blame others for their concept of hell, because they think its not God who created hell, but that hell is just a consequence for not believing in the creator. Its like they believe God is not responsible for things that result from us just being wrong; so they " Excuse the terror of hell from God", and actually blame unbelievers for their concept and creation of hell.

Erie similar to the concept of " you made your bed, sleep in it!"

So hell believers blame unbelievers for hell and its terrors, as if THEY, ( the unbelievers), created it, deserve it, and must suffer with it BECAUSE of how THEY are! So they excuse a God of love from being responsible for this unholy doctrine of abuse, ( because hell is not only child abuse, its HUMAN abuse! And the WORST human abuse EVER conceived!)

Oh no, describing it as child abuse is NOT strong description, its actually a weak description, because the teaching is a terror unmatched by ANY OTHER form of punishment EVER conceived! Do you realize how long an eternity of punishment would be? Its insane! Let me show you in example;

Lets pick a very light pain. Such as a needle prick to the finger tip. Now, lets say that any of us could endure this. Now, imagine if you must endure being pricked once every minute for 24 hours; now it becomes torture! A small prick, but now the repetiveness of it becomes a terror! Now imagine having to suffer this FOREVER! Even the smallest amount of pain becomes a terror if I must suffer it with no END!

To teach ANYONE this insane principle is abuse! And a character assignation of God.