Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Deactivated Account

The bible is contradictory. People will always pick and mix.
Old 29-12-2014, 11:04 AM
ForestPhilosopher

Okay, Thank you to everyone who took their time to help answer my question, which I think has been answered. I can understand that they will adapt and work with the religion to feel at a comfort with it, which makes perfect sense. Before this question my main confusion was that religion of any sort is supposed to make you feel positive and happy with your choices which is why I found it difficult to understand how one could worship a God or Goddess who disagrees with your behaviour, but I think I understand now :) thanks again!
Old 29-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Master
Don't think for a minute that most Christians hate gays. You might find many may say it's wrong because they heard someone else say that not because of their learned wisdom on the subject. Most people I know who are Christians would be nice to gay people and accept them how they are. One thing about being a Christian is you tend to self regulate your actions via your conscience so let your conscience be your guide here
Old 29-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Master
Don't think for a minute that most Christians hate gays. You might find many may say it's wrong because they heard someone else say that not because of their learned wisdom on the subject. Most people I know who are Christians would be nice to gay people and accept them how they are. One thing about being a Christian is you tend to self regulate your actions via your conscience so let your conscience be your guide here
Old 29-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Because of having a brain and using discretion, I suppose.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12...
"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."

Deuteronomy 28:53-55....You will eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your own sons and daughters, while begrudging your relatives any share of your children that you are using for food.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

You should not let a sorceress live. Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.
Exodus 21:15

If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.
Proverbs 20:20

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. Leviticus 20:9 NLT

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.
Leviticus 21:9

Psalm 137:9
“Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

I googled "Ridiculous Bible verses"

Hey, those were really enllighting to read
Old 29-12-2014, 04:47 PM
ForestPhilosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspirit
I never said that most or many Christians thought negatively of gay people. I come from a Christian family and attended a catholic primary and currently live in an extremely religious area, (I can see four different Christian churches from my home). I myself was also a Christian or thought I was until a couple of years ago. Almost all Christians I know wouldn't blink an eyelid at a gay person. However that wasn't my original question. I never said that God or Christians wouldn't accept homosexuality as I know he and so many do. I was curious as to why they personally wished to worship a God which according to their religious text, the Bible, didn't approve of their actions, which has now been answered just about. Thank you for your feedback though. :)