Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-11-2011, 10:08 PM
samanthanightly

You find yourself just.. "knowing"

This is the first time I've ever looked at this part of the forum and I'm glad I did because it raises questions of myself and I think I've come to the right place to ask... maybe someone feels the same?

I'm 21 right now and I've found that throughout my life there are things that I just know, without actually knowing. For instance, I've been able to spell extremely difficult words since a very young age and I find myself knowing the meaning of words that I've never actually used before, or looked up the meaning to, or depicted them from reading. Something about language and communicating connects very strongly with me.

When people ask questions to things that, in reality, I shouldn't know the answer- But suddenly, I find myself giving off elaborate answers and upon looking them up later, they're always pretty damn accurate. And ironically, these weird responses that I'm talking about usually have to deal with the universe, with science and chemical elements, the earth, the way things work, even things that have to do with spirituality. Most of which I even surprise myself that I was able to just respond so quickly, and so accurately because they are all things that I can't remember ever being explained to me.

I've always been described as an old soul with a young heart by my family and friends and I've been told that even as a little girl, I would do the things I just listed above.

Does any of this make sense? Or maybe it's all coincidence? Or maybe it's knowledge seeping through from a past lifetime?

Shot in the dark here hahah thought I'd give it a try. Any feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Old 15-11-2011, 10:27 PM
nightowl

Hey samanthanightly,

It sounds as though you have connections to the past. What you have described I have read about others who have experienced similar things. Knowing things and not knowing how you know such things, yep me too. Have you ever had re-occurring dreams of a place or people that seem familiar but you know you have never been there or met them before in real life? Do you feel drawn to a certain time period in history? Things like this are also indicators.
It is a fun area to explore, stay open you will be amazed how you begin to see the dots start to connect.
Old 15-11-2011, 10:36 PM
samanthanightly

nightowl, yes! there are a few time periods that I feel I connected with but one that I feel ever so drawn to is the ancient Egypt, even just BC era in general. Since I was really young, I've always been fascinated with it to the point of obsession, was even considering archaeology/anthropology for college majors for the longest time.

And for some reason whenever I see pictures of the pyramids, hieroglyphics, the desert, the Nile or even hear the word "Egypt," my heart feels warm and I have a very deep sense of longing. I also have a really, really strong connection to felines. I find myself just having an immediate bond with them... as in this feeling is a means of communication and understanding. it's hard to explain. I've actually never really reflected on these emotions until right here, right now. (so glad I posted here)

Maybe one day when I establish a relationship with my guides, I can ask them a few questions definitely looking forward to seeing these dots connect
Old 16-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Amberly

Its kind of hard to explain for me but you do just kind of know things that you havent already learnt elsewhere. The strong pull towards a certain time is usually my indicator of a past life in that era too. Guess you'll just have to wait and see what develops :)
Old 17-11-2011, 12:10 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Maybe one day when I establish a relationship with my guides, I can ask them a few questions definitely looking forward to seeing these dots connect

It will be neat to see that happen for you. I know that when I started investigating my heritage one of my ancestor guides showed up and it is amazing how much I have learned from her that helped me recognize some of my past lives. Here is another little twist you might want to ponder if you have always felt connected to felines then that could be a link to an animal guide for you as well.
Old 19-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Master
samanthanightly
Yes, I can relate to everything you have written.....always in school from very young I 'knew' things I didnt know......I could spell very well I just knew.....and I am still having 'knowings'.....I sometimes say things to people or explain things then think to myself.. 'wow! how did i know that?...was that me actually speaking?'... I also have a strong pull to Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and the middle or dark ages....... Im glad I found this thread because I can very much relate to all that you have said...I also have four cats.......i'm still in awe of it all, even now at 55.....
Old 19-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Guide
samanthanightly,

I believe that when we are naturally talented in some area, or maybe more than one area, something that some people call 'natural talent', that is something that we have learned in another life. For instance, your connection with language, could indicate that language was a passion of yours in a previous life especially since it was from a young age that you felt the connection. I know of others who have had a connection with making things with their hands, being good with wood or some other raw material, and it has been shown that in previous lives they had learning that skill.

Have you ever heard the term, 'natural born leader'? In my opinion that is a learned skill, over past lives a person become skillful at what works best in a leadership role.

We each have intrinsic personalities and those trait carry over from life to life. Our passions, our skills, some of what we have learned in previous lives become part of that personality and could no more be detached from us than a body part.

Blessed Be
SpiritCarrier
Old 19-11-2011, 01:16 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Hi Samantha!

That happens to me too. I just know stuff without knowing how I know.

I'm also naturally drawn to some cultures and history, also to some characters. Like for example I'm pretty sure I have been living in Latin America or Spain, anyways speaking Spanish, and probably in that life I have been quite a domineering male. I'm also drawn to asian cultures, asian marshal arts, and that whole spiritual idea behind those marshal arts.

Oh yes and also some places where I have never been have made me feel cosy...
Old 19-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Master
there are no coincidences :)
Old 21-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Desertrose

Cats were revered in Ancient Egypt. You most likely lived at least one life during that era.

I agree that "there are no coincidences".

You seem to have the support of your family which is wonderful. Research all you can about Ancient Egypt. Best of luck.....