Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Master

Exclamation Apache Leap in danger

This is a current news story. As many of you will already be aware of, the US Govt Congress is right now frantically trying to sew together a finance bill to fund the running of the national budget for the next few months before they run out of funds. Again. So now there is a Frankenstein heap of paperwork that they are going to vote on en bloc yes or no. And every time this happen, shrewd politicians on both sides are putting in 'small' stuff they hope noone will want to spend time on arguing about while the clock approaches doomtime. In other words, business as usual. But I am not an American so I have no intention of debating this.

What I want to tell about is one of the 'small' items mentioned above because it is relevant to this forum area. Basically 'some' politicians put in a post where the Apache Leap area, is given to the Rio Tinto mining company so they can make a giant copper mine. This is to me like razing Jerusalem to build a tank factory. It is the oldest, best known archeological area and the holiest to the Apache culture in the whole world and I have no words to describe my emotions of this. I am not in a position to do anything about it but I give you a link and hope you will find something to at least learn more about what is going on.

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeolo...he-archaeology
Old 11-12-2014, 02:01 PM
cheeneka

HI

Nothing seems sacred anymore.........it's all for profit now, it seems.

Have you ever read the book 'Bury my heart at wounded knee' ?

I read it thirty years ago, I think it is the best description of what happened to the native Americans. It is where I got my love of power animals I think.

LOve cheeneka x
Old 11-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeneka
HI

Nothing seems sacred anymore.........it's all for profit now, it seems.

Have you ever read the book 'Bury my heart at wounded knee' ?

I read it thirty years ago, I think it is the best description of what happened to the native Americans. It is where I got my love of power animals I think.

LOve cheeneka x

That is funny. I read that book 30 years ago too. Along with Watch For Me In The Mountains, five years later.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM
cheeneka

HI

Haven't read that one, thanks :)

LOve cheeneka x
Old 11-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Hopefully these links will work, they are to 2 article's in Indian Country regarding the situation. They make for some interesting reading from the NDN perspective.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...ed-land-158181

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...wrong-congress

Maikan

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 13-12-2014, 04:27 AM
Raven Poet

Thank you for bringing more attention to this, White Warrior.

I'm sharing a link to an Idle No More website - they are aware of this situation too.

https://internationalrepatriation.wo.../idle-no-more/

Typical violation of our Mother and encroachment on sacred lands of the Original Peoples of Turtle Island. It's going on in Canada too. There is a site in BC (I think) where a huge corporation wants to dump toxic industrial waste, and it is right next to ... you guessed it, a First Nations community.

It's good that more communities are talking about this to mobilize for protection of the Earth and all her Children.
Old 22-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Master

Good news, it seems. The finance bill got through and signed and put into effect. And Apache Leap was saved, for now anyway. Through what one article calls a land swap, the mining company traded off a number of Arizona areas it controls including Apache Leap, for another area with less cultural heritage and at least as good mining prospects. I am not the right person to judge the details in the paperwork, I trust bureaucrats and corporate leaders about half as far as I can throw them, but compared to the mining company just ripping down Apache Leap while the law guards the perimeters at gunpoint, I think this ended better for now than I feared.
Old 24-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Good news, it seems. The finance bill got through and signed and put into effect. And Apache Leap was saved, for now anyway. Through what one article calls a land swap, the mining company traded off a number of Arizona areas it controls including Apache Leap, for another area with less cultural heritage and at least as good mining prospects. I am not the right person to judge the details in the paperwork, I trust bureaucrats and corporate leaders about half as far as I can throw them, but compared to the mining company just ripping down Apache Leap while the law guards the perimeters at gunpoint, I think this ended better for now than I feared.
Thank you for sharing this update, WhiteWarrior. You are right - comparatively speaking, this is good news.

If I were to be less spiritually inclined, I'd suggest try throwing those bureaucrats and corporate "leaders"/leeches into the toxic dump pits of their own making.... but that would be gravely un-spiritual of me to think that, wouldn't it?

It is a triumph - albeit with potential harm to the planet. Still I'll take it, for now. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 26-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Experiencer

This sounds all too familiar doesn't it.. Zero respect for sacred ground...Because someone has discovered 'Gold in them thare Back Hills'... Its been done to The Badlands too...Uranium in that case.. Is nothing sacred any more...