Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 02-08-2014, 01:07 PM
DivineFeminine

Bunny How do I end a friendship with someone worth out creating bad karma?

Is it an easy as ignoring them and cutting off all contact with them? I have a small list of friends I simply have no need for in my life. I want to make my circle smaller. How do I end a friendship with out experiencing bad karma in the future from hurting their feelings.

I recently lost a friend, she simply stopped answering my calls and texts and cut off all contact with me. I perceive that as the friendship being over and I'm okay with that! I was upset for a day, and then I got over it! I moved on quickly. I'm at peace with not being friends anymore.

How do I end a friendship without experiencing bad karma in the future?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:50 PM
candelight

say in your mind to them " Good bye" I wish you the best of luck and happiness in life.
end of message.

no bad karma.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Nice suggestion candlelight
Old 03-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes, wish them the best always...then as I always say...
"Oh, their serving Martini's on the other side of the pool,
I think I'll swim over, Ta-ta."
Then, you just get caught up and never swim back.
No harm.
You were ok when dropped ...they may be, also.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 PM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, wish them the best always...then as I always say...
"Oh, their serving Martini's on the other side of the pool,
I think I'll swim over, Ta-ta."
Then, you just get caught up and never swim back.
No harm.
You were ok when dropped ...they may be, also.

haha! martinis.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Master

Friendships come and go and people will drift away gradually. There is no bad karma in moving along your path and letting others follow theirs. That is inevitable.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Experiencer
There is no bad karma in ending friendships. It happens, it's okay because we don't have that connection anymore nor the same interests... I personally would prefer to answer the calls, but politely decline any invitation and not engage too much in conversations and have it die out slowly. I believe it could be bad karma if you do it in a hurtful way.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
I believe it could be bad karma if you do it in a hurtful way.

Yes, this is true. It can be bad karma if you do it with a sadistic reactive attitude.

If you can end the friendship, sincerely wishing your friend the best, it will not generate bad karma or a bad conscience.

On the other hand, if you continue being in a negative relationship knowing it is harmful, it can generate bad karma as well.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-03-2015, 10:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Relationships are eternal. Something like "ending a friendship" is an illusion and doesn't exist. But you can simply turn your attention away from something. Just as a gardener who has to water the plants he wants to be growing, you are nurturing any relationship that receives your attention. If you put your attention away from a relationship, it will leave your life experience. But that doesn't mean it is dead. On a vibrational level it is still there, in limbo so to speak.
Of course you cannot turn your attention away from something by thinking of it. Just put your attention on the relationships that have meaning to you. The other ones will slowly disappear from your life experience.
As to answering your question: if you attach the emotion of guilt to this process, you will exactly reap that - guilt and having committed a "crime".
If you attach peace and loving departure to that, there will be happiness for everyone in this experience.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFeminine
Is it an easy as ignoring them and cutting off all contact with them? I have a small list of friends I simply have no need for in my life. I want to make my circle smaller. How do I end a friendship with out experiencing bad karma in the future from hurting their feelings.

I recently lost a friend, she simply stopped answering my calls and texts and cut off all contact with me. I perceive that as the friendship being over and I'm okay with that! I was upset for a day, and then I got over it! I moved on quickly. I'm at peace with not being friends anymore.

How do I end a friendship without experiencing bad karma in the future?

there is no bad karma only karma. it registers that is all. If you are in harmony with yourself and all parts of yourself that is what is registered.
If you end a relationship, how do you feel about it? This is what counts.
Not what the other person feels. Dissolve all energy ties and all is fine.
A great indicator is, if you picture the other person, how do you feel about them?