Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncestralEchoes
but I also feel that for true forgiveness to happen, harm must be transmuted, and that's a two-way street.
Because of my own experiences I have to disagree with you. If your forgiveness is dependant on how the other person feels, that is conditional forgiveness, when you forgive unconditionally and regardless of any other factors it becomes something more liberating.

Forget about karma, Soul Contracts and all the rest of it because at the end of the day, they have little to do with what's really going on. Having the belief that it was all pre-ordained might give your Spirituality a boost, and believing it was karma in this context is nothing more than victim mentality. All that really matters is how you process what's happened to you and how you personally feel right now.

Here's a good place to start if you want a more true liberation -
https://www.nhs.uk/every-mind-matter...bt-techniques/

I have a (slightly) dissociative personality because of physical and mental abuse that happened to me as a child, which eventually led to my 'mind snapping'. It'll be with me all my days but being honest it's probably the most Spiritual thing that's ever happened to me. Looking back, it's probably the reason there are people alive today that might have died otherwise. And frankly, if I had to go through it all again I would have no hesitation, so maybe that's an insight into how we as Spirits perceive a Soul Contract.
Old 11-05-2023, 10:02 AM
from post 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
... He then looked at the lady in front of me....and saw the pattern.
Saw the compassion the check out clerk had for all of us.
I had not seen this post yesterday ..I loved the check out line story.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
I was talking with hubby today and he said that a death alone might be the worst one of all.

We are never alone. In fact, if we imagine we are on a stage performing and there is a large audience watching, we would not be far from a certain fundamental truth. Most of the audience loves us and wishes us well. If we are able to look a bit closer, we might see that there is only one -- on stage, in the audience, it's the same one. This one is dancing through an infinite hall of mirrors. In love. Everything happens by itself, everything participates. Light into light.

__/\__
Old 11-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Quote:
"I was talking with hubby today and he said that a death alone might be the worst one of all"

He must be a nice person that likes people. :) My father didn't want to be alone, yet he passed while no one was in the hospital room.
I however, would adore being alone...away from people.
Lol, I mean it! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-05-2023, 12:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
In love. Everything happens by itself, everything participates. Light into light.

__/\__

Nice theory! Do you "live" it or maybe selectively, eh?
Old 12-05-2023, 05:41 AM
Master
I have seen a lot of people die, and many of them died alone; on some distant battlefield face down in the mud, or in their sleep.
Personally I do not want people around me when I am about to die. I view my death as a very personal and intimate event and
I don’t want any distractions from others who may be mourning their loss of me. That’s just my preference and it is something
which I have put in my Will, and I do not want a funeral service either. In my will I have requested a “direct burial” in a plain pine
box. I think the worst way to die is in pain and fear.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:51 AM
Master

I feel exactly the same way as Starman and Miss H.

I’ve read that a lot of people wait for their visitors/family to leave and then decide to pass over.

I could t think of anything worse than having to deal with peoples emotions whilst trying to pass over in peace.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Master
I have told the story here before of a patient of mine when I worked in nursing. He was terminally ill and only had a couple of days to live. He had accepted his death and he and I laughed and joked about his death. He was very light hearted about it until his relatives came to see him, they had not accepted his death, and they cried at his bedside; which disturbed him greatly. He was at peace with himself until he saw his relatives grieving.

A hypothesis: a person who dies in their sleep may not even know that they are dead. I know that there are some of us who while sleeping realized that their body was asleep and they were dreaming. Others will only come out of the dream when their body awakens, or they struggle to awaken. But those who die in their sleep may have a hard time realizing or accepting that their body is dead.

Now if they had a terminal illness and died in their sleep the realization of their death may be easier. But if the death is sudden or unexpected, that person may unconsciously embrace the after death scene as part of their dream. It is my belief that there are other entities in the afterlife that will tell that person they no longer have a human body, but still will that be acceptable as not being part of the dream state? Just one of my hypothetical ramblings.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Nice theory! Do you "live" it or maybe selectively, eh?

Living happens. The "you" is something extra that's along for the ride.

__/\__
Old 12-05-2023, 07:35 PM
Administrator
I have seen some pass on their own and others with family around them.
but I have also seen people with family around them go out of the room for a couple of minutes and that is when they die.

Namaste