Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Honza Honza is online now
Master
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: God's House
Posts: 11,154
  Honza's Avatar
Is Yahweh "outside"?

Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.
__________________

The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-06-2019, 08:57 AM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 2,599
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
I don't know what it says in Judaism. But I think it's everywhere and everything, inside and outside. All that IS. Everything is One.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-06-2019, 10:33 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 8,528
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.



Yahweh is wherever you percieve Yahweh to be.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19-06-2019, 11:02 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,858
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-06-2019, 03:13 PM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 2,599
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.

Are there any bits of the holy books that make sense you?
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19-06-2019, 04:25 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 8,528
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.


You are not alone in thinking about Narcotic Substances being used by biblical scribes etc:

Moses for one is said to have gone on various ( Trips) not just to the Promised Land either. He spoke to a burning bush and stones.... , saw clouds of smoke settling on the top of mountains.

Biblical Scholars have found the psychedelic substance in a drink called Ayahuasca is extracted from plants that grow in the Holy Land and in the Sinai peninsula.

Certain biblical verses definitely mention plants/herbs being used in various religious rituals.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-06-2019, 05:10 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,858
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Are there any bits of the holy books that make sense you?

Let's see… Nope. The bible is only full of negativity from the OT to the NT. Can't fnd anything inspiring.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-06-2019, 05:14 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,858
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You are not alone in thinking about Narcotic Substances being used by biblical scribes etc:

Moses for one is said to have gone on various ( Trips) not just to the Promised Land either. He spoke to a burning bush and stones.... , saw clouds of smoke settling on the top of mountains.

Biblical Scholars have found the psychedelic substance in a drink called Ayahuasca is extracted from plants that grow in the Holy Land and in the Sinai peninsula.

Certain biblical verses definitely mention plants/herbs being used in various religious rituals.

Typical symptoms of losing touch with reality. In modern times we call it Schizophrenia and psychosis, but back then they were convinced it were messages of god.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-06-2019, 05:41 PM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 2,599
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Let's see… Nope. The bible is only full of negativity from the OT to the NT. Can't fnd anything inspiring.

I'm loathed to quote this in a way because by what you've written previously you've had Christianity and the bible quoted at you enough to last a lifetime already. But anyway, one example below. I think it's a hard thing to deny that the holy books have some beautiful words and poetry in. I'm not religious or a Christian btw.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity - Timothy 4.12.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20-06-2019, 10:18 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,858
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I'm loathed to quote this in a way because by what you've written previously you've had Christianity and the bible quoted at you enough to last a lifetime already. But anyway, one example below. I think it's a hard thing to deny that the holy books have some beautiful words and poetry in. I'm not religious or a Christian btw.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity - Timothy 4.12.

That quote sounds nice, but the few good stuff doesn't add up to all the overwhelming dark and negative stuff found throughout the bible. And on top of that, this quote only seems to be aimed at Christians.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums