Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Seeker

ghost and their time on earth

Is it true that some ghost have been on this earth for thousands of years and have never crossed over. If this is true then why hasn't a spirit, or angel crossed them over yet.
Old 20-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Deactivated Account

i don't agree with that. i don't believe in ghosts.i believe in spirits who check up on you but that is it.
Old 20-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Master

Yes, it is true. There have been helpers who have tried to assist them but these spirits are in dead water (figuratively) and are not ready to move forward. When they figure things out there will be a helper there in an instant to assist them home and to friends and family.
Old 20-06-2014, 10:59 PM
yumi14

So...are these ghosts still thinking they are alive? If so, how can they not tell that they are dead?

Or are these ghosts like Lizzie Borden's parents who are assumed to still be present in the home they were killed in, just not being able to let go and cross over; or seeking revenge before they do finally let go?

They say Gettysburg is also full of ghosts. Why would they linger and not cross over? Would they simply be confused and not know they are dead, or are they waiting for something, in the form of justice?

Interesting topic, OP :)
Old 20-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Badger1777

I think 'ghost' is a pretty broad term. I also don't think its quite fair, as to me, the term 'ghost' means something like 'only partially real'.

So lets call them spirits. To me that makes it easier to work with.

A spirit might choose to stick around. But are they the tormented souls of stories, who haven't moved on? Probably not. We must remember that time and space mean nothing in the spirit realm, so thousands of years to us might be nothing to them. They might be just popping in to check up, but not permanently here.

Lets also dispel what is, in my opinion at least, a common misconception. There's is not the physical realm, then a spirit realm, then some sort of heaven/nirvana/oblivion or whatever. Just many different layers of reality. A spirit does not have to be the 'ghost' of a dead human, nor does it have to be a soul waiting for some human flesh to encarnate into. It might simply be a spirit. That being the case, there is no reason at all why it should not, if it so chooses, keeping popping backwards and forwards between our physical world and other layers of reality forever.

But there is one scenario where the term 'ghost' almost works. I believe that when someone dies, it takes them a little while to break their human habits. They cling to their human form and their human life as best they can, because it is familiar, and they are not sure what's happened, and it can take a little while for them to figure it out. In the meantime, we become aware of their presence as they try to hang around, maybe getting frustrated and scared, maybe causing the odd picture to fall off the wall (I mention that one specifically because it is almost a running joke in my family, that shortly after a bereavement, a picture will often fall off the wall for no logical reason).

This happened to my grandad. I had some pretty horrific dreams for about 6 months after his death (his death was nothing dramatic, just natural causes through old age). He kept insisting he was not dead, and demanding to know why we'd been messing with his stuff. In his house, in which my mother was living, strange things were happening. Then one night night in a dream, he was there again, and I was there, and one by one, former friends of his were appearing. Fellow soldiers that he'd served with in the war, old men he'd drank with in the club, lots of people I didn't know but I knew he knew. Then he turned to me, no longer looking like an old man, but in his prime, and he said calmly, "I know what I have to do now, look after yourself, bye". And then he and all the others just faded out. Nothing spooky happened since.
Old 20-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator
Nobody can force someone else to do anything they don't want to do. No Soul can be frogmarched out of their state of Being.
Angels, guides and helpers can even be imperceptible to someone stuck in a rut. Or they might perceive them, but think all sorts of things....think they are demons, that they don't correlate with their concepts or ideals somehow, don't fit in with their religious conditioning, not want to listen to them, not want to let go of their thought and emotional patterns....or they might be just very stubborn!
How a soul chooses to move or not move is up to them, and what they are capable of learning from their condition, and from glimpses of what is (always) offered to them. Also time is different in the inner worlds.
Old 21-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabaker
Is it true that some ghost have been on this earth for thousands of years and have never crossed over. If this is true then why hasn't a spirit, or angel crossed them over yet.

yes, there are many trapped in what is called a vortex, vortexes, which are the result of certain events taking place.
I tried to get some information on this from my friends on the other side, but they find it difficult to convey this information to me. What I know it, for a vortex to for form it takes an event and a place with a certain weakness, energetic weakness.
Some yeas ago, I happen to be at a site which was a former concentration camp called Buchenwald. I did not plan to go there and did not do the driving.
But we ended up there late in the afternoon. At some point of the visit I wandered off from the group and ended up on a spot. I went in a sort of meditative stated, and felt a column of energy come down, and I remember saying something like: who ever wants to leave, can leave now.
What I felt then where energy units, many what must have been spirits, moving up through this column. This was the opening of one of these vortexes. An other one we opened here in Australia, where natives had been executed a long time ago.
Old 21-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Master

It's not quite like ghost whisperer, some ghosts don't understand what has happened and crossing over is not that easy.

First, they have to want to go and then a portal has to be opened.

I lived in a house with multiple spirits and crossed over just one, because the others did not want to go. The one who did, her grandfather came and asked to help her cross over. It took time to gain trust and then opening a portal isn't that easy.

Anyhow they have to choose to walk through the door and they can only do that when they see or find the door.
Old 21-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Master

I did not know portal has to be open. I thought we could just call upon archangels to help .How does one open a portal?
Old 21-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Experiencer
Couldn't God whisk them off to heaven or hell or purgatory or somewhere?