Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Sorry to be blunt about it but this is another perversion of the word ego and what it conventionally means. It's the Latin word for 'I' and whatever you claim it to be it's how you appear to others in any situation, plus what you think yourself to be. There's nothing evil about it. You can't get rid of it or you'd become just a faceless nonentity unable to express your self or Self at any level. The moment you speak the content of your message or answer is driven by your experiences of the situation you're in, a form and context thing and that's understood by psychologists, semioticists, philosophers, as ego.

Ego is as real as you are and it's flexible because you have a huge backlog of experiences that allow you to adjust it to play the roles you have to. Metaphor for the devil? Everything is a metaphor.

Some New Age upstart grabbed the thing and twisted it into their own agenda. Why simply didn't they invent another term for the concept they and you are describing?

That's the trascendental ego.
The only way you can get rid of ego is "rising" beyond the real self** and I mean real self, not the deluded one down here where people love to think they know themselves but have never really visited their darkness, usually shut it out from discomfort or fear. Until you do deal with your unknowns and resolve them, you can never consider yourself whole or having reached your "true" uncluttered Self. I've been working on this for a long time now and while miles from the beginning am still not entirely sure I'm there. I can glimpse the transcendence, I can get there in deep trance but I have to keep in touch with what's here. I'm in balance, unplagued by emotions, live by my higher principles, in total respect of my place in the material and spiritual ecology...but there's still magic in life, living, being, and I still have some fears of the shadows which tell me there's more to be done

As I see it.
These are just my views that come with a wish that this New Age industry wouldn't keep commandeering and perverting terms for ideas in common psychological, biological and physics parlance. Mainly it's people trying to cut a niche for themselves and probably make some money too. Ok it does give opportunity for discussion but pretty unnecessary discussion since it ends up like this.

** or die.

I agree that directing anyone to rid or battle their own ego is a very sophisticated form of the same diversion we've been taught since birth.

Think about it. Someone is saying that your mind is the problem and telling you that you should use it to fix the problem.

A guru or spiritual adviser will help you realize you have no problems and the idea that you have one is the problem. allowing you to let go of worry and become closer to your natural state of being present and at peace.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
Thanks! So your darkside is really dark and scary too? So I'm not the only one :) What you said about focusing on the breathe, I'm getting better and better at it. The first 5 times this catharsis happened, I got completely lost in it, I forgot the breath altogether. So just acknowledging it transforms it?

Yes I can get pretty dark. I think everyone can.

Yes your awareness is the transforming force. Just watch, look, listen. That's what meditation basically is all about. As the process goes on, the turmoil will slowly become less, and you will find periods of stillness increasing.

Do you always meditate alone?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The way I been approaching things is I accept everything with loving kindness but this dark energy is very difficult to accept. I don't know if this dark energy is coming from within me (like trauma, heavily repressed parts of my psyche) or outside me (like entities), I'm not sure if that even matters because I see that when I embrace it, something very magical happens, its just not so easy to embrace it.
This whole 'positive' and 'negative' energy thing is just New Age nonsense, quite frankly, and it does more harm that good. 'Positive' and 'negative' is simply 'nice' and 'not nice', what agrees with your ideology of yourself as a Loving being of Light or not. That's where your 'negative' energies begin. 'Positive' and 'negative' are simply extremes of the same thing, so the more 'positive' or 'negative' it is the more extreme you are being in your definitions.

We all have a Shadow Self, a place where we put things that we can't or won't deal with, where we hide away the human aspects of ourselves that - because we are peaceful, loving and Spiritual beings - we can't or won't deal with. Things like traumas. Traumas become the 'demons' inside us, the places where we won't go because we're not willing or able to accept that these things can happen to us. As soon as we begin to acknowledge that they have happened things begin to turn around.

Everybody has a 'dark side', we're all human after all and not some airy-fairy vision of what we'd like to think of ourselves as.

No it's not easy to embrace it because some of it is primordial, some of it is embarrassing and some of it is too traumatic or shaming to admit to. Once you get past the judgement though - which 'positive' and 'negative' is - and deal with the 'demons' as aspects of yourself - which they are - everything changes. They become acceptance of yourself, warts and all and that is a level of acceptance of transcendence. They become that from which Unconditional Lover can grow.

When you're perfect, when you don't have any flaws, when everything is sunshine and roses what of your self-acceptance? Does it really mean anything?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
As whole beings, we don't just have positive energy,

I'm going to jump in and say what my current view on this is:

Your positive energy is your whole being. When you get into negative, you are not

Quote:
got negative to balance it out

but what you are doing is to block your being from flowing freely. That's why it does not feel right.

No one sane would do this, unless he wants to experience it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
This whole 'positive' and 'negative' energy thing is just New Age nonsense

This will you say only until you experience it.

And when you experience it, you will change your mind about everything.

And you will recognize every Person, who is not aware of it, and recognize their attempt to block their awareness of the energy states. For you can block this awareness easily too, but lose some other 'benefits'.
You will understand why they are blocking it when you recognize the disadvantages of this state of awareness.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

Dan, can i ask you what you consider as positive and negative energies?
Old 06-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
This will you say only until you experience it.

And when you experience it, you will change your mind about everything.

And you will recognize every Person, who is not aware of it, and recognize their attempt to block their awareness of the energy states. For you can block this awareness easily too, but lose some other 'benefits'.
You will understand why they are blocking it when you recognize the disadvantages of this state of awareness.
What?????

I've asked a question a few times and so far none of the great minds on this forum have come up with an answer other than they think it's good or bad. Considering some say heaven is hell and some say hell is heaven it's a pretty useless answer, so over to you. What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Master
If you have two poles, you pick which one is positive and which one is negative.
Fact is, they are opposites.

Last edited by Rah nam : 07-06-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
If you have to poles, you pick which one is positive and which one is negative.
Fact is, they are opposites.
To just quickly add a bit to this, everything in this realm is dual everything has its poles, like and unlike are the same, opposites are identical in nature but different in degree, extremes meet and all paradoxes can be reconciled.

The law of polarity and balance explains that opposites are really two extremes of the same thing with many varying degrees between them.

So we can take the extreme example of love and fear, there two mental states of consciousness that are apparently very different but there are varying degrees of fear and love but at the centre point within the vortex were people use the words like, like or dislike we can shade so gradually that some may be at a lose to like or dislike or neither, all are degrees of the same thing.

another more simple example of this is hot and cold water are still the same thing just at different degrees.
Quote:
I start purging like crazy. I start vomitting, shaking, screaming (like these deep primal roars), crying. The last time it happened I actually started tapping my chest, I'd never done that before but I intuitively feel its a way to release trauma. I don't know if anything is achieved by this purging, it feels right though. This purging process, is it a physical manifestation of spiritual purification?
Stuff like that is part of the process, you already said its purging and that it feels right, so you already know what it is, you feel good after all this right? its your inner stuff being burnt up. Iv had similar, so have others here.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative?

The same thing that makes food taste good or bad. The "programing" in this reality. There is a preference or goal...preferred path... living things are expected to choose. The programming nudges us, subtly or forcefully towards it's goals.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Experiencer

Good intentions or good thoughts or eating food that tastes good doesn't make it spiritual. It makes it a goal to live your life well. Spirituality is getting rid of all the things that make something good or bad.