Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
Thank you for your reply. Our ego is of course linked to our spirit and the ego is very important to our survival. It drives us forward to want what we haven't got. If our ancestors didn't worry about tomorrow then they would have probably starved. Our ego comes from a our survival instinct. We inherited a constant and never ending dissatisfaction. It is natural to be dissatisfied with what we have, it helps us to survive.

Back in the early days of man's existence he had to constantly look for food and shelter. If he didn't worry about tomorrow he would not have one. We inherit this from our ancestors.

We see this in children, always craving a new toy and dissatisfied by what they have. This follows us into adulthood wanting a new job, car, house etc..

This survival instinct has become a destructive force leading some of us to unhappiness.

When the spirit is awakened and linked to the ego it can see this for what it is and is able to build on the model. The spirit's realisation is, "yes I want a new house or car but I don't have to put my happiness on it and be dissatisfied with what I have. Everything I have I wanted at one time." I can now move forward and still be happy with what I have. This is the awakening of the inner self.

Exactly this is the way to maintain a balance between the apparent opposites, there is no inner self, there is only self, it's up to us to find the harmony in this awakening
Old 26-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
To see a world in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake

The Ego Self
Your ego drives you. It sets your goals and is responsible for the way that you feel about your place in the world. The ego is never satisfied; it longs for material gratification and to be anywhere other than where it is. It looks to the future with longing and the past with regret. It is never happy with the status quo. Emotions only exist in the past or the future. The past is loaded with emotional intensity, and the future with your hopes and fears. Now is the only place where emotional states do not exist. The past is a now that once was. You cannot change the past, just what you think about it. The future is a now that is yet to be. The only reality is now, and now is just a nanosecond. In that nanosecond of time there is not time to apply an emotion. Now is always still.

The Spiritual Self
The stillness of now has a spiritual intensity that sits above the ego self. When you observe your ego in action the observer is the spiritual self. The spiritual self has a strong sense of purpose above the ego. It has a charity and compassion for the world as a whole, is tolerant of others, but courageous in confronting injustice. It is your spiritual self that will ultimately guide your life purpose whether you are aware of it or not. The spirit enjoys the higher positive emotions of togetherness, universal love, oneness and peace.

When you die, which is the only certainty there is, all you will leave behind on planet earth is a dash between your date of birth and the date of death. To your ego this is devastating, to your spirit this is liberating. To know that all the ups and downs of your life don’t mean anything in the fullness of time, liberates the spirit from the ego self. The next time you are stressed by what you think is a significant event; remember it is only a dash.

Where are you on you spiritual journey, how far have you come?

And or the spirit may works its way through the nervous system and your left with a background of intoxicating bliss. And then your mind can wonder, desires can wander, emotions, and so on but the joy see's its way through it. Why? I don't know? But it happens. Happened to me. Its a witness I suppose in that its superceding everything else. And just is. It to me is cool cause feeling good has value to me. And having to do something to feel good is a bummer cause it will always come and go. This can only remain from what I have seen.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 27-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Quote:

...remember it is only a dash.

Where are you on you spiritual journey, how far have you come?
I'm still in the - .

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Hadit

At Tipharet, came from the womb.
Old 27-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein

There is no yardstick, I have come as far as I have come.
Far enough to see that there's no yardstick is pretty far , by my measure
Old 27-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadit
At Tipharet, came from the womb.

Could you expand on that please
Old 27-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Master
It might be from that wierd Star Trek Next generation episode, where the race of Nimnulls only spoke in metaphor
Old 27-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Ivy

It's from the kabbalah. But it's something that I know little about. It's worth listening other views, even though they may seem strange to us.
Old 27-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Hadit

I follow - to an extent and in my own way - the tree of life as a guide to training my mind and reaching my idea of enlightenment in general keeping with Thelemic belief. Tipharet is about the halfway point, about the time - for me - when knowing one's True Will and listening to one's HGA (higher self / daimon / voice of god / etc as metaphors) becomes much more commonplace. Essentially I have seen the universe as a hyper interconnected place, have enjoyed the "hippie" stage of ones spiritual journey, and have become successful in the practice of magick. I still am battling my egoism and semi-trained mind and have a good distance to go, but - in keeping with my system - I'm farther than the average Joe.
Old 27-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Neville

"Where are you on you spiritual journey, how far have you come?"

Still trying to plat fog alas.

I figure that corporeal is to do with corporeal and that beyond corporeal is another matter for soul/spirit.