Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 31-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Ascender
I agree with everyone else. It's all in the wording of the spell. Asking that the person who is meant for you,be brought to you is one thing. Asking that a specific person fall in love with you is a whole different story.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Pathfinder

Very fickle a love spell is, I would suggest earning that trust and love. Now it another thing if thre is fear or doubt blocking the path, there is where I would use magik. Forced love is not a good reason to call upon the spirits, the Goddess, or the Horned God......Bad juju.

Use it to clear doubts and negitives that are clouding the relationship.
Old 14-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Pathfinder

I wish to add something here: Love Spells of the sort that "make" another "love/lust" you are of hoodoo and voodoo. They are the ones who practice "Will of domination" and litterally have no respect for the agency / wills of others.

If you are a practitioner of it, please let me know so I can request my account deletion for there is no good of voodoo or hoodoo. It is simply forcing one's on will on another. I am not fighting the admins here for likely they will allow you to stay.
Old 14-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arulin
I wish to add something here: Love Spells of the sort that "make" another "love/lust" you are of hoodoo and voodoo. They are the ones who practice "Will of domination" and litterally have no respect for the agency / wills of others.

If you are a practitioner of it, please let me know so I can request my account deletion for there is no good of voodoo or hoodoo. It is simply forcing one's on will on another. I am not fighting the admins here for likely they will allow you to stay.

Arulin, love spells are, and have been for eons, known in almost every magical tradition of the world, such as old Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, Egyptian magic, European Witchcraft and paganism etc. etc. they are NOT only used in the Hoodoo and Voodoo traditions.

Working love spells is only one tiny aspect of Hoodoo, Voodoo and Candomble (among other traditions). Practitioners of these religions and traditions are also skilled healers and offer help in many areas of life and they do have respect for the will of others. So you see - there is a lot of good in Hoodoo, it isn't simply about forcing one's will on others.

Not every practitioner of Hoodoo will 'work' to make someone fall in love with you. Part of my practice involves Hoodoo but I believe that to make a person love you is not a good idea - why would you want to be with someone who is only with you because they had some kind of spell put on them? But not everyone thinks and believes in the same way.
Old 14-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Pathfinder

Still does not make right, forcing another's will on another is an act worthy of bad karma. A love spell in any form expect to bring more energy into one's self to love is a force of will period. At least my time as a Mormon gave me that understanding. Say what you like, I have nothing good to say beyond this.

(Revised and removed that piece. Your words have thorns too, those thorns are plain lies compared to the experiences I have had that are fact not words, but I have the ability to take it though like an adult instead of a whiner for that is your opinion that I am respecting but not agreeing with in this post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Arulin, love spells are, and have been for eons, known in almost every magical tradition of the world, such as old Traditional Witchcraft, Wicca, Egyptian magic, European Witchcraft and paganism etc. etc. they are NOT only used in the Hoodoo and Voodoo traditions.

Working love spells is only one tiny aspect of Hoodoo, Voodoo and Candomble (among other traditions). Practitioners of these religions and traditions are also skilled healers and offer help in many areas of life and they do have respect for the will of others. So you see - there is a lot of good in Hoodoo, it isn't simply about forcing one's will on others.

Not every practitioner of Hoodoo will 'work' to make someone fall in love with you. Part of my practice involves Hoodoo but I believe that to make a person love you is not a good idea - why would you want to be with someone who is only with you because they had some kind of spell put on them? But not everyone thinks and believes in the same way.
Old 14-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arulin
Still does not make right, forcing another's will on another is an act worthy of bad karma.x

I believe almost everyone posting in this thread has basically said the same thing - including myself.

Asking for the right partner to love is not thought of as a "force of will" by most people or traditions, Arulin.

Your statement of "You people don't know the first thing of it" is rude and judgmental IMHO. Your time as a Mormon has no doubt led you to believe in their tenets and beliefs which may be right for you, (but obviously not being judgmental is not one of them ). However, it should be remembered there are many other traditions and beliefs in the world and everyone has their choice of what religion, tradition or path they believe in.

You know, religions and traditions can be misunderstood when the media and other religions put out false information and that gives rise to fear; and when something is feared then dislike and even hatred arises out of that fear, which is a shame.

Blessings to you,
Jenny Crow
Old 14-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
I agree with everyone else. It's all in the wording of the spell. Asking that the person who is meant for you,be brought to you is one thing.

I think these are the best love spells. If anything, it's great to send that intention out into the Universe. It helps the person visualize their perfect partner, and it also gives them hope that they will meet them I loved the spell I cast back in January. It was the first time since my breakup with my ex that I believed I could be happy with another man.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Experiencer

My last relationship came about via their love spell

I didn't used to believe it was even possible to interfere with someone's free will. I had an understanding of magick that was predominantly psychological - i.e., you mainly doing workings to affect your own thinking and behavior.

But then I got with my ex partner. They met me on a forum such as this one, but for LGBT women.

I initially didn't like them at all. They weirded me out. They developed a crush on me, and did a spell to bring us together.

I ended up changing my mind and meeting them after all, and getting into a relationship with them... but my heart was never quite in it, and they knew on some level.

You may bring someone to you, but I don't think you can actually make anyone fall in love with you.

The possible application of a "specific person" love spell is if you already have a professed mutual interest in a relationship but external circumstances are preventing you from being together. And even then it may be with the proviso "for the good of all", because maybe there is a good reason you're not together at this time (or in this life).

(I'm not a Wiccan per se, but initially trained as one, and still use a lot of what I learned.)
Old 04-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Master
The Cunning Folk were morally ambiguous and still follow a Crooked Path. "Love" Spells were a good source of income from the gullible. Curses were another. You could pay a Cunning Man/Woman to curse an enemy. The Cunning Man/Woman would then approach the cursed person and offer to remove the curse for a suitable consideration.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Master

If you want to be loved - be lovable.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com