Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
I have to agree with what Black Sheep pointed out.

Sometimes people simply feel threatened by things they don't understand. It shuts them down and they react with force or pure rejection. Perhaps they are so afraid of the subject at hand that they feel they may 'catch' it. The thing is, what they don't realize is they won't Catch anything at all and if they opened themselves to a greater understanding of things, they may just grow themselves as well. It doesnt mean they have to agree with other viewpoints; but to open oneself up enough to know that there are indeed different angles at looking at things. Some people are so rigid with their beliefs or viewpoints that they shelter themselves from the unknown and put a brick wall up which becomes impenetrable. . Its threatening to them. So what does one do if they perceive a threat to their own thoughts of what reality is? They, then go in defense mode. They don't know what to do with that information.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with you. It has everything to do with your Mom trying to maintain HER reality of how she sees things.

Its sad, tho. Because its not going to hurt her to sit down and truly listen to you and your experiences and to embrace them for what they are. It hurts. I know it hurts. Maybe someday down the road she will be capable of lowering down that wall she has up and open herself up to listening to you. Until then, I would distance yourself a little. Don't stop talking to her, but guard your heart with the things you bring up.

Hang in there. And please, do share here on the forums. I think this is a pretty safe place to open yourself up to. There are people here who will embrace your experiences :). Hugs

I'm truly convinced she thinks i'm psycho and won't move on. Although really,i think i've been healing at an authentic pace. Feeling my feelings,while using them to transform,express,be creative and still being logical enough to work on functioning and doing the practical things in life. I don't think i've moved on too fast. Nor do i think i'm moving on too slow. My very practical friend i work with who is very smart with science and went to medical school and has doctor husband believes in this stuff and i even got her intrigued showing her a near death stories website. She was getting quite immersed reading some of the stories. I appreciate that she can be open to things,things even i wasn't sure about before,and is still very practical,much more so then me.

i suppose i shouldnt be surprised by my mother. she got angry at me few years ago when i would start talking about positivity and law of attraction stuff. at first,tolerating and calling me crazy but then getting very annoyed by it. i just thought the ADC stuff she might find comforting since she lost her mother,brother,and father in a few year span.