Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Padgett Messages insight into afterlife

The Padgett Messages reveal the undistorted views of Jesus of Nazareth during his ministry on Earth 2000 years ago. My first thought on becoming acquainted with the messages was that they must be a huge hoax. However, any open minded person, after reading a few of the messages, must quickly come to the conclusion that they are the genuine views of Jesus, as I did.

The Padgett Messages clear up many of the less credible claims made in the Gospels. These are that Jesus is not divine and should not be worshipped as God; that he did not perform the role of a blood sacrifice on the cross to deliver salvation to humanity; there was no Virgin Birth - his conception was through natural biological means; his body and blood are never present in Christian Holy Communion services; he did not found a church but remained an adherent of the Jewish faith; and he did not perform any miracles.

It follows that the teachings of the orthodox Christian churches bear little resemblance to those expounded by Jesus during his ministry on earth.
Old 26-05-2023, 01:46 PM
Master

Ah thank god someone finally wrote about this!

Thank you Charles.
Old 26-05-2023, 05:00 PM
Guide

Every Religion is subject to exaggeration, this we know.
This is why this forum is so interesting. We discuss (and sometimes argue),the various teachings and try to come up with solutions.
We each have our own thought's on what we think is right.
Charles,I agree with your post but this is just my opinion.
Old 26-05-2023, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Ah thank god someone finally wrote about this!
That's funny since we have a long thread, the Topic (influenced by the Padgett Messages) is
'Jesus is not God'', in Christianity.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-05-2023, 09:14 PM
Administrator
I agree with Hazada reply

Namaste
Old 26-05-2023, 09:16 PM
Master
Having studied comparative religions myself, I looked for the similarities and not the differences between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, which are Abrahamic religions, and also studied Hinduism, and Buddhism.

Christianity grew out of Judaism, in fact the Old Testament of the Christian Bible is all about the Jewish faith, although Judaism is monotheistic and Christianity has a trinity. Buddhism grew out of Hinduism, as The Buddha came from a Hindu family. What I am saying is that everything came from everything else, nothing stands alone in origin.

Lots of religions talk about a “virgin birth,” lots of religions talk about the coming of a messiah, lots of religions have a trinity in their Godhead. Hinduism has a trinity, etc. I do not single out Christianity as the only religion which has these attributes.

Although I do acknowledge Christianity as the largest, most populated religion in this world; it is largely due to Catholicism. Catholics are the largest group, or denomination, in Christianity with about a billion members worldwide.

Personally, I use religion as a reference but the experience of spirit which I have transcends words, doctrines, and dogma. The word “GOD” means many things to many people of varying religions and spiritual practices.

How we see what we call “GOD” is very intimate, and no matter what anyone says, it will not change things for most people. Most Buddhist do not believe that there is a God, rather they talk about “the higher self.”

So to narrowly deconstruct one religion, Christianity, in my opinion, does not consider the larger human picture on religion. Most people need to believe, or want to believe, in something. Faith is very important to most people regardless of outward reality; their faith is their reality.
Old 26-05-2023, 11:57 PM
Master

Any belief is just a stepping stone anyway.
Old 27-05-2023, 12:16 AM
For those that have not read any of the messages that Mr. Padgett received, 'my' overall feeling of them was singular and clear....
Nothing has the power to transform a human soul except for the Father's Divine Love. That is the prerequisite for union with Him.
Then, as an adjunct to that singular message was 'the how' to receive or experience this Divine Love,
(unlike human love)...Ask God, the Father.
Short and sweet message, imo; that changed the direction of my Path in 2011, finding out about this, here, on Sp. Forums.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-05-2023, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Any belief is just a stepping stone anyway.
I definitely embrace this as well. There is a big difference between what we believe and what we experience. Belief, in my opinion, is an interpretation of experience. Experience without any interpretation or belief is pure.

There is a Christian oriented book titled “A Course in Miracles,” and one of the lessons in this book is to go through an entire day without placing names or labels on anything. Difficult for lots of people to do.

In line with this forum section on Death and the Afterlife; what language do you feel is spoken in the afterlife? Do people who speak only Russian, when they die, go to a place where everyone speaks Russian, the same for those who only speak Japanese, or any other singular spoken or written language? What language does a new born baby speak?

In Africa Jesus Christ is depicted as a black man with curly black hair, in Asia Jesus Christ is depicted as an Asian, in the Americas and Europe Jesus Christ is depicted as a white man with brownish blond hair. As I understand it his birth name was Yesuha and the Romans gave him the name “Jesus,” and the title “Christ.”

There are more then 7,100 spoken languages here on Earth, and in those languages people use different words, different messages, to describe the same thing. Most religions on Earth have evolved from their original teachings, according to the evolution of culture and language spoken. Personally, I do not view God as patriarchal, but that is just my particular point of view.
Old 27-05-2023, 05:39 AM
Master

Great post Starman.

Interesting point about language in the afterlife. Never thought of that before. I look forward to reading other peoples comments on that one.