Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-05-2023, 03:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Afterlife as described by Anthony Borgia & Robert Hugh Benson

In my judgement the most detailed guide to the afterlife are the books channelled by Anthony Borgia and dictated by Robert Hugh Benson from the spirit world. The series began with Life In The World Unseen with several subsequent volumes. During his earth life Benson was a minister in both the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church. Although most of his writings are about his arrival and life in the spirit world, he also scathing about some of the doctrines he preached from the pulpit whilst on earth. He has a very clear writing style and I would recommend this series of books (available on the Internet) for anyone seeking a greater understanding of the afterlife.
Old 23-05-2023, 06:01 PM
Master

It has been a while since I read these books but they were both interesting and informative. In addition to his preaching on Earth, Robert Hugh Benson also wrote books - from his new perspective in the afterlife he was embarrassed by what he had written and he wanted to correct the mistaken ideas he had taught. I cannot recall if he ever covered the idea of reincarnation - perhaps that was a step too far for his Christian background.

Other authors who may be of interest are J.S.M. Ward (Gone West and A Subaltern in Spirit Land) and Jane Sherwood (The Country Beyond and Post-Mortem Journal).

All these books are of a certain era, which may appeal to some more than others. For a more recent perspective I enjoyed Gordon Phinn (Eternal Life and How to Enjoy It and More Adventures in Eternity).

How accurate are these books? We will find out for ourselves one day.

Peace
Old 23-05-2023, 06:08 PM
Experiencer

Also of that category:

Testimony of Light, by Helen Greaves

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...helen-greaves/

From the publisher:

ABOUT TESTIMONY OF LIGHT

For the millions who have enjoyed Proof of Heaven, Heaven is Real, To Heaven and Back, and Getting to Heaven, Testimony of Light is about life after death—and the amazing story of a friendship that endured beyond the veil—published for the first time in the United States.

Frances Banks died, as she had lived, fully aware of what she was experiencing and where she hoped to go. She was an Anglican nun for 25 years and for much of that time, the principal of the Teachers’ Training College in Grahamstown, South Africa. She was the author of many psychological book. Her last book was Frontiers of Revelation, an account of research into psychic and mystical phenomena.

Her friend Helen Greaves was by her side as she finally lapsed into unconsciousness. Then, one evening some three weeks after Frances’s death, Helen sensed her presence. This extraordinary encounter marked the beginning of contact between them from both sides of the veil—between life as we know it and life on “the other side.”

Testimony of Light is based on these communications that Helen received telepathically from Frances. The writings have been authenticated by those who knew them both and who were familiar with their individual writing styles. Moving and inspiring, this classic book is a testament to the enduring power of their friendship, and offers an important message to us all—that the death of the body is but a gentle passing to a much freer and fuller life."

__/\__
Old 24-05-2023, 06:41 AM
Master

Charles. I have just finished that book by Anthony Borgia and absolutely loved it. Highly recommend it.
Old 24-05-2023, 08:31 AM
Thumbs up

I know, I want to 2nd all Charles has said...and thanks to all the new recommendations you guys!!!!
I'll put in a plug for anything you can find by Chico Xavier, too! An extraordinary Medium ...from Brazil?
Passed in the late 90s?
That's why many of us up North and in EU have not heard much about him before.
Redchic...next, try The James E. Padgett messages! A good source is http://www.truthforallpeople.com/search .
On the left is a list of all you'd want to read!

Click on Free pdf - Anthony Borgia .. https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/life-in-the-world-unseen-ebook.htmlhttps:

Helen Greaves, (really messages from Francis Banks, a nun from S. Africa), free pdf: https://www.unariunwisdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Testimony-of-Light-by-Helen-Greaves.pdf
So far, the Introduction to the pdf is so inspiring!

Eternal Life and How to Enjoy It, a good, long preview: I orderd the book only $6.

https://www.scribd.com/read/14997318...t-Hand-Account

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-05-2023, 10:04 AM
Master

Thanks Miss H I will certainly check them out and get back to you.

Just luuuuuuuved the Borgia Book tho. I felt so sorry for him when he said he felt embarrassed about what he preached and what he wrote. Must be very humbling hey!

I’ve already got the James E Padgett on my list but thanks for that.

Wasn’t sure I would get anything out of it when I first read that he was a priest cos you know me and priests, red rag to a bull so to speak lol But I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised.

ThNks again.
Old 24-05-2023, 10:30 AM
Newbie ;)

Reincarnation

In answer to the question did Robert Hugh Benson accept the concept of reincarnation the answer is no. In the Padgett messages Jesus of Nazareth dismissed reincarnation as belonging to what he termed 'Eastern Religion'. This is not a view I share as I consider the arguments put forward by Yogi Ramasharaka in favour of reincarnation to be compelling. I hope to discuss this matter in more detail in my blog at some stage.
Old 25-05-2023, 07:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Exploring the Afterlife through Anthony Borgia & Robert Hugh Benson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
In my judgement the most detailed guide to the afterlife are the books channelled by Anthony Borgia and dictated by Robert Hugh Benson from the spirit world. .
Greetings, fellow seekers,

Thank you for bringing up the works of Anthony Borgia and Robert Hugh Benson as valuable resources on the topic of the afterlife. It's fascinating to discover writings that provide detailed insights into the spirit world and shed light on what lies beyond our earthly existence.

Borgia's channeling and Benson's dictations present a unique perspective, drawing from their experiences in the spirit world. Their accounts offer vivid descriptions and a glimpse into the nature of the afterlife. Benson, with his background as a minister in both the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church, brings an interesting blend of spiritual insights and personal reflections.

It's intriguing that Benson's writings also reflect upon the doctrines he preached during his earthly life, demonstrating an evolving understanding and perhaps a deeper awareness gained from his experiences in the spirit world. Such introspection and critical analysis can contribute to a more nuanced exploration of the afterlife.

For those seeking a greater understanding of the afterlife, Borgia and Benson's series of books, starting with "Life In The World Unseen," come highly recommended. Their clear writing style and detailed accounts make them valuable resources for those curious about what may await us beyond this earthly plane.

As with any spiritual exploration, it's important to approach these writings with an open mind, understanding that they reflect the perspectives and experiences of specific individuals. Engaging with their works can serve as a starting point for your own journey of contemplation, reflection, and personal discovery.

Remember, the quest for understanding the afterlife is deeply personal, and it's essential to explore diverse sources, engage in discussions, and maintain an open-hearted attitude to broaden your knowledge and perspectives.

May your exploration of the afterlife, as described by Borgia and Benson, lead you to new insights, contemplation, and a greater understanding of the mysteries that lie beyond.
Old 25-05-2023, 06:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
In answer to the question did Robert Hugh Benson accept the concept of reincarnation the answer is no. In the Padgett messages Jesus of Nazareth dismissed reincarnation as belonging to what he termed 'Eastern Religion'.
I have not read the Padgett messages but from what I have seen they are deeply based on Christian thought (even if not traditional Christian thinking). This may have influenced the contents of the messages. Not all channels provide clear information free from the distortions of their own beliefs. And the non-physical sources of such information may likewise be bound by the limitations of their own understanding.

Peace