Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 13-12-2012, 09:41 PM
mysticangela

What is Love????

share your thoughts please
Old 13-12-2012, 09:56 PM
CBush

Greetings.

"What is love?". Interesting, you've allowed the question to be looked at through many different perceptions.

I'll kick it off with some spice!

Spiritually? The energy that we call love is what we're made up of, emotionally, who we truly are. Love is all around us. Along with freedom, joy, gratitude and light. Love and Light.

Us? The fact that this energy is there, in universal terms, it needs to be translated so we can understand it, treasure it and of course feel it. So instinct wise, the biochemicals in human beings allow us to actually feel the 'feeling' or energy of love. It's just translated in chemicals.

I believe love is everything. It's a large entity. Love is God, perhaps?

Interesting question, thank you.
Old 14-12-2012, 06:33 AM
mysticangela

thanks For your response Bush I would like to get more views.. I have tried describing love but seem not to be able to grasp it I think its an experience people can only be/experience love and not describe it lol
Old 14-12-2012, 07:57 AM
JazzJazz

"Love" can have so many definitions because there are so many different types of it. I think, though, in a nutshell, it's a feeling that makes you feel warm and safe. It makes you smile. It makes you feel comfortable and it fulfills you I love my grandparents (whom I live with) because they postponed their dreams of retirement to bring me up and supported me every step of the way in everything that I've done; my GCSEs, my A Levels, adapting to my new life at university, learning to drive a car etc. I feel like I can be myself when I'm with them and I always enjoy spending time with them.

But then, I love my younger brother (6) and sister (4) for completely different reasons. I love them because they're so innocent and how they perceive the world makes them say the most fundamental things that I never noticed about life and the world and this always makes me think and reassess my ideas. I love how they marvel at the smallest of things and appreciate the smallest token gift, such as a bag of sweets.

These are two different types of love but they both generate the feelings that I initially described; warmth, happiness and fulfillment. I hope this helped
Old 15-12-2012, 08:31 PM
mysticangela

Ohh Jazz thanks but does that mean Love is not love? that there are different kinds of love?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Suspended

What a great topic! I was actually going to create a thread with the exact same title (minus a few question marks ) just to talk about my personal belief and experience with love, and what others think it feels like to them. Everyone has posted some very good thoughts about what love is, and there can be different types of love. Love for your life mate, love for your parents, family, brothers/sisters, love for your friends, etc. So what is love?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

While I am not a religious person, this famous quote from the Bible describes what Love is about and is something I definitely agree with. However, it's one thing to read the quote and think you understand it to actually experiencing different types of relationships before you can truly "feel" it. Once you can feel it, then you can truly understand the meaning of the quote.

It has taken me several years and experiencing different types of love for me to really feel what Love is supposed to be like. If you really love someone, you will be patient. You feel happy when you are talking with each other, but you are also happy when you are not with each other, and you do not yearn or pine for one another. It's a very free flow feeling and makes you smile when you think of that special person, and the feelings intensify when you are together in person.

In this age of technology, everybody texts, Skypes (video chat), does the Facebook thing or other social networking sites. We are in an age of instant gratification and when people connect with someone for the first time, they want a reply back NOW! So people feel impatient when they don't receive that call back or text within a minute or two. Learning to have patience with love is very important in this day and age.

The rest of the qualities of true love in the quote ring true to me as well. If you are looking for a romantic partner, that special someone in your life, if you learn to feel these aspects of love, then you will be ready when it is finally time to reunite with your Twin Flame, or Soul Mate.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:17 PM
RisenPhoenix

What is Love?? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more!

Sorry, I couldnt resist. Now I have to go find that song to listen to.

Love to me is an invisible drug that once you get a hit of it, you will spend the rest of your life yearning to experience and hold onto. It constantly changes its forms and its affect on you and others. There are times its readily available and times when its elusive. Suppliers come and go. It can feel so good and take you high and bring you low, separately and simultaneously. Achieving self-love and learning to replenish from the everlasting and unconditional love of God is your only chance at winning in the battlefield of love.