Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
No worries guys, I'm here now .

Thank Guru for that
Old 22-11-2017, 05:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This whole forum is a virtual hive of negativity, ego contests and clique associations, my friend. If you are not arguing with somebody, then nobody wants to talk to you and so, I'm pretty much over SF.

So tell me then...what can a Guru do for ME? because it is going to take a lot to undo 40 years of negative social conditioning and cognitive bias about them.

Please tell me, how is that possible over the internet?

Silly girl it's possible through the ' Chat Room ' on livingunbound, or via e-mail.
Old 22-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Silly girl it's possible through the ' Chat Room ' on livingunbound, or via e-mail.
So, silence in a chat room...coool.

Maybe all the people who are silent on SF are busy 'raising my vibration' instead of speaking. hehe

Oh I could have a lot of mental fun with this in a non-duality forum...but I won't.

Would you also like me to 'show my true colours' now everybody?

I say I am an Aghori because I sort of identify with them on THIS level of being (free thinkers/beings who just 'do their own thing')...I also worship Shiva/Shakti (but moreso Lord Shiva)...and occasionally Ardhanarishwara when I am in two minds about WHO to worship...I have studied The Tantras, Yoga and Ayurveda and Jonesboy knows I'm a beautiful and heady mix of Shaiva Siddhanta and Vajrayana Buddhism which approximates to all of the tenets of Kashmir Shaivism - hey, I am even a subscriber to the Pashupatinath Temple in Nepal...but all that aside.

My lineage? my real, true honest lineage? I am of the Saraswati line.

My ex-husband was a member of the Divine Life Society in Rishikesh and his Guru was Swami Chidananda Saraswati.

I prefered Swami Krishnananda Saraswati because he was more 'Philosophical' and his treatise on the Bhagavad Gita is excellent...and I really enjoyed the company of Swami Satyananda Saraswati and I have all his books and teachings on Tantra, learned a lot about Kundalini Yoga from him...he was basically the only one who would talk about it...learned all the yoga postures, practiced all of the kriyas based on the teachings of Swami Vishnudevananda Saraswati, but my favourite Swami in Rishikesh, was Swami Venkateshananda Saraswati...such a beautiful soul was he *sigh*....but anyway, I studied under them all...and in 2001, I took Mantra Diksha from Swami Chidananda Saraswati and everybody started calling me by the user-name I have now on this forum.

However, through that whole experience, I learned a lot from the whole Saraswati Lineage...all of Swami Sivananda's disciples, however, I never saw or felt any of them to be my 'guru' or 'teacher' even though they taught all me things...but the connection was never there and I guess you could say ALL of them were my gurus...and yet NONE of them were...in the sense of pure one-on-one intense stuff with any of their devotees....and I never got the feeling of 'energy' or 'shaktipat' or anything like that.

I stayed in Rishikesh for 2 years, before moving to the Fiji Islands for a while staying with my ex's family, then coming back to Australia...

So yes, I am not totally 'guru ignorant' here...I've been through it first hand in my 20's and 30's....staying at many ashrams...mostly the Satyananda Mangrove Retreat, the Baba Muktananda Ashram in Dulwich Hill (different lineage...awesome Tantra teacher...until Swami Chidvilasananda took over...we had our differences back then)...and if I wanted some really good food, good Sankirtan and some nice Bhakti...I sharpened my harmonium and Dholuk skills down at at ISKCON in Darlinghurst...and even studied the works of Srila Prabhupada there...it was very difficult to drag my attention away from the beautiful picture of Lord Shiva in the foyer though...but I said nothing....it was not my 'turf'. lol

Occasionally, I would sneak away from the ISKCON 'ladies quarters', down into Sydney and to the Theosophical Book shop in Kent Street, studying hours of Annie Besant, Geoffrey Hodson, Leadbeater, H.P. Blavatsky, J. Krishnamurty, Sir John Woodroffe and Pundit Gopi Krishna, that's if I wanted to have a break from all the intense 'Krishna stuff'...but it all usually lead me back to the Satyananda Ashram at Mangrove Mountain....there was a giant marble Shiva Lingam in the foyer with a silver snake coiled 3 and a half times around it...and every time my ex and I stayed there, it was "I want to take it HOME...put it in my ROOM...puhleez?" and he'd just burst out laughing.

Anyway, according to the Vedic and Dharmic traditions, I had a 'guru' for 17 years and he was called 'my husband' the direct disciple of Swami Chidananda Saraswati of Rishikesh...who I had the pleasure of meeting personally three times and each meeting, I felt nothing...I was just looking to and speaking to another 'spiritual person' from a 'spiritual perspective' and each conversation lasted about 15-20 minutes.....anyway...just saying this, if nobody already knew about it.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
So, silence in a chat room...coool.

Maybe all the people who are silent on SF are busy 'raising my vibration' instead of speaking. hehe

Oh I could have a lot of mental fun with this in a non-duality forum,l...but I won't.

Would you also like me to 'show my true colours' now everybody?

I say I am an Aghori because I sort of identify with them on THIS level of being (free thinkers/beings who just 'do their own thing')...I also worship Shiva/Shakti (but moreso Lord Shiva)...and occasionally Ardhanarishwara when I am in two minds about WHO to worship...I have studied The Tantras, Yoga and Ayurveda and Jonesboy knows I'm a beautiful and heady mix of Shaiva Siddhanta and Vajrayana Buddhism which approximates to all of the tenets of Kashmir Shaivism - hey, I am even a subscriber to the Pashupatinath Temple in Nepal...but all that aside.

My lineage? my real, true honest lineage? I am of the Saraswati line.

My ex-husband was a member of the Divine Life Society in Rishikesh and his Guru was Swami Chidananda Saraswati.

I prefered Swami Krishnananda Saraswati because he was more 'Philosophical' and his treatise on the Bhagavad Gita is excellent...and I really enjoyed the company of Swami Satyananda Saraswati and I have all his books and teachings on Tantra, learned a lot about Kundalini Yoga from him...he was basically the only one who would talk about it...learned all the yoga postures, practiced all of the kriyas based on the teachings of Swami Vishnudevananda Saraswati, but my favourite Swami in Rishikesh, was Swami Venkateshananda Saraswati...such a beautiful soul was he *sigh*....but anyway, I studied under them all...and in 2001, I took Mantra Diksha from Swami Chidananda Saraswati and everybody started calling me by the user-name I have now on this forum.

However, through that whole experience, I learned a lot from the whole Saraswati Lineage...all of Swami Sivananda's disciples, however, I never saw or felt any of them to be my 'guru' or 'teacher' even though they taught all me things...but the connection was never there and I guess you could say ALL of them were my gurus...and yet NONE of them were...in the sense of pure one-on-one intense stuff with any of their devotees....and I never got the feeling of 'energy' or 'shaktipat' or anything like that.

I stayed in Rishikesh for 2 years, before moving to the Fiji Islands for a while staying with my ex's family, then coming back to Australia...

So yes, I am not totally 'guru ignorant' here...I've been through it first hand in my 20's and 30's....staying at many ashrams...mostly the Satyananda Mangrove Retreat, the Baba Muktananda Ashram in Dulwich Hill (different lineage...awesome Tantra teacher...until Swami Chidvilasananda took over...we had our differences back then)...and if I wanted some really good food, good Sankirtan and some nice Bhakti...I sharpened my harmonium and Dholuk skills down at at ISKCON in Darlinghurst...and even studied the works of Srila Prabhupada there...it was very difficult to drag my attention away from the beautiful picture of Lord Shiva in the foyer though...but I said nothing....it was not my 'turf'. lol

Occasionally, I would sneak away from the ISKCON 'ladies quarters', down into Sydney and to the Theosophical Book shop in Kent Street, studying hours of Annie Besant, Geoffrey Hodson, Leadbeater, H.P. Blavatsky, J. Krishnamurty, Sir John Woodroffe and Pundit Gopi Krishna, that's if I wanted to have a break from all the intense 'Krishna stuff'...but it all usually lead me back to the Satyananda Ashram at Mangrove Mountain....there was a giant marble Shiva Lingam in the foyer with a silver snake coiled 3 and a half times around it...and every time my ex and I stayed there, it was "I want to take it HOME...put it in my ROOM...puhleez?" and he'd just burst out laughing.

Anyway, according to the Vedic and Dharmic traditions, I had a 'guru' for 17 years and he was called 'my husband' the direct disciple of Swami Chidananda Saraswati of Rishikesh...who I had the pleasure of meeting personally three times and each meeting, I felt nothing...I was just looking to and speaking to another 'spiritual person' from a 'spiritual perspective' and each conversation lasted about 15-20 minutes.....anyway...just saying this, if nobody already knew about it.

Yes SD 'silence in a chat room' they will take you beyond words
Interesting post , you have certainly led a colourful life
Old 22-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
This whole forum is a virtual hive of negativity, ego contests and clique associations, my friend. If you are not arguing with somebody, then nobody wants to talk to you and so, I'm pretty much over SF.

So tell me then...what can a Guru do for ME? because it is going to take a lot to undo 40 years of negative social conditioning and cognitive bias about them.

Please tell me, how is that possible over the internet?

A lot can be done but the most important thing is a Guru can help you let go of your issues and fears.

That connection when working with a guru like I have said introduces one to deeper levels of silence and the connection which can be also felt as energy flows through you hitting upon your obstructions allowing you to let them go within that silence.

As I mentioned earlier that type of connection let a woman I know who was having nightly 5hr long panic attacks move beyond them. To let go of those issues and fears, those obstructions to have a better life and progress along the path.

As far as over the internet..

With oneness where is not the Guru? Why does distance matter?

The means of communication is to help you. The more in person a person is like with a direct message or a chat increases that concentration, that focus from you on that connection the stronger it is to you.

All things can be done over any form of communication :) The internet just makes it easier to work with people all over the world is all.
Old 22-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm just tired of all the 'pressure' from those who divide people up according their 'beliefs', then take an opposing stance and attack them for it..."Guru people vs Non-Guru people"...."Neo-Advaitins vs Traditional Advaitins" etc....where there is one thing, the opposite thing will develop just so human beings can assert their egos as a point of contention to it and at the end of the day, after all the niceties and pleasantries have been dispensed with...IDGAF!

In truth I am for anyone finding there way in anyway they want.

What you find is people disparaging others path.

I like my Guru so in a Guru thread I will promote what a real guru is like.

In the Buddhist section you will find me as the only one promoting Buddhism and it's traditions.

In the Hindu section I talk about Hinduism and the various traditions, I don't disparage traditions.

Forgive me if anyone has felt pressure from me. I have just been trying to share my experiences and let people know there is more than just talk.

All the best to you,

Tom
Old 22-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes SD 'silence in a chat room' they will take you beyond words
Interesting post , you have certainly led a colourful life

Beyond thoughts, not words silly :)

So here is an integrity check for the members of this thread.

I have said a lot, said a lot is possible with the usual suspects saying I am silly and full of **

So either I am a brainwashed fool going around saying things that are so far fetched and stupid or I am I telling you the truth about what is possible.

Here is where we all hang out. You have people that practice Dzogchen to Taji to whatever coming here working with us or just hanging out and observing.

https://join.slack.com/t/livingunbou...yM2Jh NDliOWY

All I ask is before anyone decides to disparage what I am saying have the integrity to at least drop in and see if I am full of it or not.

If your not willing to and still want to say negative things. How it is all silly and fake.

Well that speaks a whole lot about the person you are much more than me.

All the best to you and your decision,

Tom

* Now let the excuses begin
Old 22-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Beyond thoughts, not words silly :)

So here is an integrity check for the members of this thread.

I have said a lot, said a lot is possible with the usual suspects saying I am silly and full of **

So either I am a brainwashed fool going around saying things that are so far fetched and stupid or I am I telling you the truth about what is possible.

Here is where we all hang out. You have people that practice Dzogchen to Taji to whatever coming here working with us or just hanging out and observing.

https://join.slack.com/t/livingunbou...yM2Jh NDliOWY

All I ask is before anyone decides to disparage what I am saying have the integrity to at least drop in and see if I am full of it or not.

If your not willing to and still want to say negative things. How it is all silly and fake.

Well that speaks a whole lot about the person you are much more than me.

All the best to you and your decision,

Tom

* Now let the excuses begin

Now I have you telling me what to say, you obviously have missed the joke, it's beyond words..... a chat room thats silent, get it....

It's Taiji btw.... in pin-yin...
Old 22-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Now I have you telling me what to say, you obviously have missed the joke, it's beyond words..... a chat room thats silent, get it....

It's Taiji btw.... in pin-yin...

I did miss it and I am sorry.

Sounds good, not my thing but my friend has been practicing it for decades with his Master.

Loves to talk AV and we have some really good debates about AV and KS.

I have asked him to join SF so that maybe some really good Qi Qong type discussions and AV type discussions can come about.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold :)
Old 22-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I did miss it and I am sorry.

Sounds good, not my thing but my friend has been practicing it for decades with his Master.

Loves to talk AV and we have some really good debates about AV and KS.

I have asked him to join SF so that maybe some really good Qi Qong type discussions and AV type discussions can come about.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold :)

If it tickles your fancy, so be it.