Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-12-2016, 02:56 AM
Seeker

Is it possible to feel the feelings of someone who isn't anywhere near you?

I was kind of feeling weird today. A few days ago I had a dream about someone that I haven't thought of in a while. The next day I had a similar dream with them in it. It was a sex dream and when I woke up I tried to just forget about it like I usually do. This person I'm talking about is an acquaintance of mine who I never talk to. I met them like 7 years ago and they live in a different state then me.

I'll see him during an event like a wedding since we have mutual friends and I'll talk to him but that's it. Once upon a time I had a crush on him but I met someone else. Whenever I do see him, which is rare I feel like I still have a little crush on him but I try to ignore it and just think of him as a friend.

But when I do forget about him finally something happens to remind me of him, like having a sex dream with him!

Today I couldn't stop thinking about it and I felt flustered but I also felt another feeling. I felt kind of sad or lonely you could say. But the thing is it felt like it wasn't me who was sad but like it was someone else's feelings I was feeling. I had no reason to feel that way I was just at work. I decided to protect myself imagining myself surrounded by a bubble of white light and shortly after I finally stopped thinking about him and feeling flustered and sad.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Lorelyen

I believe we can receive telepathic-like shots from people (perhaps we do all the time but usually haven't the sensitivity to tune in); they could be emotional surges, distress, warning and on.

But I suspect you're regurgitating residual feelings? well, your attraction to him anyway, which is giving you the dreams and thoughts. It could just be that he picks them up but without some kind of feedback (from him) you can't really know.

Your protection sounds good. It should be bidirectional so neither of you can get at the other's thoughts assuming that could be possible. The fluster should soon dissipate....but that won't disperse your suppressed feelings for the guy. You have to use other banishing techniques for that.

I know what you mean, by the way.
Old 16-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_nami
Once upon a time I had a crush on him but I met someone else. Whenever I do see him, which is rare I feel like I still have a little crush on him but I try to ignore it and just think of him as a friend.

Today I couldn't stop thinking about it and I felt flustered but I also felt another feeling. I felt kind of sad or lonely you could say. But the thing is it felt like it wasn't me who was sad but like it was someone else's feelings I was feeling.

From what I've gathered, you are not owning your feelings even though you say you feel like you still have a little crush on him ...
Yes, these emotions are yours - they are not someone else's ...
Its obvious you're attracted to him, as to why you are not willing to accept it is something you need to explore to bring understanding & direction ...
Here are a few things to think about/ask yourself: Do you want to get to know him better but unsure how to go about it? Do you have a fear of rejection? Is he unavailable - in a relationship or gay? Do you fear relationships? Why do you dismiss your attraction to him?

Remember, you are human & it's best to start w/practical questions & answers about human emotions - how they work, their purpose, how to resolve them, why we have them, etc. The answers will help you understand yourself as well as shed some light on what you can or might be able to do about your situation ...

Hope this helps ...
Old 20-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Experiencer
That's a great answer really!
Old 22-12-2016, 06:10 AM
Master
I am not saying that you were interacting with this person, or feeling their emotions, but it is possible to do that over distance.

I always work remotely, over distance, and I would interact with them on another level. It works both ways and they can see what I am doing. It happens all the time.

We have many healers on this forum, and they work remotely, over distance. It is common.

Everybody has their own talents, or abilities. You might be more empathic. I doubt that distance would matter one tiny bit. It shouldn't.

You don't sound as if you are experienced. Of course that takes time.

Dreaming about a particular person, does not mean they are literally them.

In dreams, the characters are usually symbolic. Their appearance means something that you associate with the person. He is someone you had a crush on, so his image would represent what you desire. That is usually how it works but perhaps not always.

You observe and consider possibilities but try to be open minded. Over time, you will understand more.
Old 22-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_nami
I was kind of feeling weird today. A few days ago I had a dream about someone that I haven't thought of in a while. The next day I had a similar dream with them in it. It was a sex dream and when I woke up I tried to just forget about it like I usually do. This person I'm talking about is an acquaintance of mine who I never talk to. I met them like 7 years ago and they live in a different state then me.

I'll see him during an event like a wedding since we have mutual friends and I'll talk to him but that's it. Once upon a time I had a crush on him but I met someone else. Whenever I do see him, which is rare I feel like I still have a little crush on him but I try to ignore it and just think of him as a friend.

But when I do forget about him finally something happens to remind me of him, like having a sex dream with him!

Today I couldn't stop thinking about it and I felt flustered but I also felt another feeling. I felt kind of sad or lonely you could say. But the thing is it felt like it wasn't me who was sad but like it was someone else's feelings I was feeling. I had no reason to feel that way I was just at work. I decided to protect myself imagining myself surrounded by a bubble of white light and shortly after I finally stopped thinking about him and feeling flustered and sad.

Yes to your question in the title. But what you described seems like your own feelings, even though there seems to be no apparent trigger to your sense of sadness or loneliness.

One time I sensed a strong sadness, when I tried to open and connect to someone who was on the other side of the globe. Within a couple seconds (after opening and connecting), tears welled up in my eyes, as it was very intense. Then I held it like that for another second or two, just to sense if there's anything else or whatever, but I gave up after that and closed connection, the intensity of the sadness stopped, and I did not feel sad anymore. It was like turning on and off a switch. If it was my own feeling, I don't think I could turn it on and off at will.

Later I asked that person if he was sad, and then he told me about things happening to him and in him, and I think the feeling did come from him.
Old 29-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Experiencer
Yes you can feel others from a great distance.

From what you described, are you sure the crush feeling was yours? These things you feel that you are able to shut off and the random thoughts out of no where sounds like someone has a thing for you to me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:10 PM
kairi

It is possible.I am not experienced or anything but from what is happening to me only I say distance doesn't matter.I feel someone else's s emotions and not only in the other side of the earth.When we talk I feel every little thing she feels about the things or people she is talking.When we are not talking I feel her emotions but not with great detail and i feel especially her emotions and thoughts towards me.Not always of course,every day isn't the same and I haven't seriously tried it with anyone else
Old 18-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I believe we can receive telepathic-like shots from people (perhaps we do all the time but usually haven't the sensitivity to tune in); they could be emotional surges, distress, warning and on.

But I suspect you're regurgitating residual feelings? well, your attraction to him anyway, which is giving you the dreams and thoughts. It could just be that he picks them up but without some kind of feedback (from him) you can't really know.

Your protection sounds good. It should be bidirectional so neither of you can get at the other's thoughts assuming that could be possible. The fluster should soon dissipate....but that won't disperse your suppressed feelings for the guy. You have to use other banishing techniques for that.

I know what you mean, by the way.

That really Resonates with me and my feelings and interactions with particular people.
Old 21-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Newbie ;)

In the era of Internet, the meaning of distance kind of lost its strength, so I believe that it is perfectly normal to love someone who doesn't live next door, and also to achieve a healthy relationship with that person.