Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Master
Plain and simple, Jane, EGO, related to the survival instinct, is equated with the devil, and evil.

Errant focus and habituation to the sensual, and temporary world.

We see it evident not only in the Bible, but in the teachings of Buddhism and elsewhere. Pointing fingers and judging only ensnares you further, as well.

We are all in the same boat, "here".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Morpheus (I take blue pills )

well that's kinda what I'm saying. And also saying, saying that we should neverjudge is like saying don't think about food when you're hungry because you're too focused on thebody....

I got one thing in common with PetC-UK in that my space bar is semi-broken and I kinda have to pound on it for it to work, or go back n correct alot....

consider- don't we really HAVE to judge others? Wehave to have laws,we have to have courts, tolock up dangerous people etc... isn't that all about judging? I think it is part of our human task, to judge others, in the context ofcivilization, in which we are here to growour souls, and part ofthat is exercising our godlike powers of judging right n wrong,and what we tend to do is tomake mistakes inthose efforts. Given free will , a lot of people will make a lot of mistakes.

thetrick is learning fromthe mistakes, that's where we don't have a very good accountability/improvement process in most of our civilizations. We are supposed to know that our judgement will fall short,it will "miss the mark"because our very perception will always miss the mark in ways we can't perceive at the time (duh) because we are naturally limited that way, partly due to how our R/L brain split and left-brain dominance cuts us off fromSource info/insights.
Old 23-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Master
Christian view on Kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Before I post this, I want to mention that this is NOT my post, but a post of another member who doesn't have enough posts yet to post links, links of which this post contains many. They asked that I post for them due to my own interest in the matter and so I said that I would. So just to make that clear.

Hi friends, about a week ago I came across some beliefs in Christianity, as conversing with Christian families in my apartment I get to know that they believe that yogashastra or I say practising yoga is prohibited in Christianity.
They believe that practising yoga will open the door to the devil who will in turn enter the users body. The church's response to yogas was sort of being cautious and asking peoples doubt on it. Search on internet to get a clear idea and find out that many people do say that it creates a door to the devil. Here is a comment I saw on yahoo answers, the question was on the church view of kundalini:
------------

star answered 5 years ago
Hindus create yoga.
this means they received the inspiration from Satan.

As a Christian, I will have nothing to do with yoga
or any inspired act of Satan.

Also, you're not a Christian obviously.
what do you know about the Holy Spirit in the first place in the Christian context ...
and what makes you think that the Holy Spirit can be accessed through yoga ?

In conclusion, you essentially know NOTHING about Christianity and the Teachings of Jesus Christ.

Worse still, you're using the name 'Holy Spirit' in a blasphemous way.
I suggest you put an end to this or the repercussion on you would be ... terrible.

You're playing with fire like an ignorant child not understanding that it can burn you to death ... both physically + spiritually.

For your own safety, please stop.
you have been warned.

-------------------------

I don't have its url, sorry.

You can find about this just search internet, keywords- catholic yoga, yoga in church.

Now to kundalini, Christianity have a concept of the holy spirit, so I tried to make sense with them as they are same but they have strong opinions on it. They said that kundalini is a evil spirit which deceives us. They say that local church priest told them that they should not trust this evil spirit. Same goes for chakras.

Here are some link to these thoughts
http://rooftopsandrafters.wordpress....e-holy-spirit/
http://www.cwgministries.org/blogs/are-chakras-demonic
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2224678/pg1
http://www.jonasclark.com/spiritual-...ni-demons.html
http://www.christianstogether.net/Ar...pirits_in.aspx

Now I am not here for any kind of debate.
I want to see the opinions of the Christian community in this forum. I want to know is it possible for kundalini to be bad, a manifestation of demon, or if it's the other way around. Don't leave any stone unturned. And one more: if the church say that it's demonic then is it sin to follow the eastern teachings like yoga and kundalini?

ScarlettHayden,

For me, the answer to your questions is simple.

Before the scripture of ANY religion was...I AM.

I AM lives within each of us AS the very Breath of Life without Whose power we would be utterly unable, of ourselves, to freely choose whether we use it to breathe prayers of praise, chants of supplication, sutras of knowledge, mantras of power, or blasphemies of ignorance.

The greatest and most valuable gift is the power to CHOOSE whether knowledge ennobles or debases one's Spirit.....

......with its use.

Know Thyself.....

......and know the I AM Who loves us so much that He has freely given us the infinite power of His Own Spirit to love Him and each other BACK.....by OUR choice....

.....FOR ourselves, BY ourselves.

.....or NOT.

I AM is the way, the Truth, and the Life without which we could not even choose to mouth words to object or to praise!

Without I AM, everything is moot (because there is no "everything else").

Hope this helps....