Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 21-12-2016, 02:35 AM
Administrator
Archetype Cards

Hello

I was at a charity store today and found a box of Archetype Cards by Caroline Myss never seen them before.

Has anyone used these ? Looking for some insights and feedback on them.

Lynn
Old 21-12-2016, 03:14 AM
Master

Never come across those. Are they like Oracle cards or more like Tarot cards?
Old 21-12-2016, 03:59 AM
Administrator
Hello

That is a part I am looking to better understand.

Like both oracle and tarot each has a "name" on it. Then more like tarot where you read upright and reversed there is

"Light Attributes" and "Shadow Attributes" in a message on each card.

The guide book says pick one or two a day and keep a journal and narrow it down to the 12 that speak to you the most. They too are tied to other products and workshops.

So this makes them somewhat promotional in their intentions. Not sure on this part of the journey with them for me. I have the feeling that is why they seem unused and were there.

I take as an example one I pulled.

The Rescuer

Light Attributes
Provides strength and support to others in crisis. Acts out of love with no expectations of reward.

Shadow Attributes
Assumes that the rescued will reciprocate. Keep the rescued one needy.

In the guide book the question asked on you is....

Observe whether you have always sought to help those in peril, whether for altruistic, selfish motives.

Now as I pulled this card for me the Light is whom I am and very much the path I already walk, though we all have that shadow self and our past self I could have gone down the other road if I had gone professional as a reader for the money I could have hauled in.

Too I understand cards well with intuition behind them in reading them.

Not sure where these fit honestly.

Lynn
Old 21-12-2016, 11:41 AM
55Degrees

I have them, and love them.
They are based on C.G Jungs theory of archetypes (specific characters recognised by all cultures across millenia).

I tend to use them in shadow work and empowerment spreads as a base for a reading.

As a stand alone deck they are ok, they can help show what archetypes are at play in a particular situation. I find that unless you have a good grasp in the theory of archetypes they don't offer much except for the brief description in the guidebook and there is so much more depth to them than what is given. There is also no explanation of the interplay between archetypes.
Myss created a lot of these archetypes herself so they aren't all widely recognised in Jungian psychology. She links them back to other work by herself, so yeah, it does seem like a marketing ploy.

For deep psychoanalytical readings they are helpful, the do blend well with tarot and can give amazing insights. That being said, the major arcana carries the gamut of archetypes in itself.

Also on a legal and ethical note, no one should read on someone else's psychological landscape unless they are qualified and accredited to do so. It's dangerous territory to claim to do so without any professional training and experience.
Old 22-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am aware of Jung well studied there, so I got the main idea of the cards. Just not sure on how they play into that with how "general" they are.

You are right about using them to basically diagnose some one or even yourself as it could lead one down he garden path.

I think maybe why they called to me in the store was to take them from someone that would not understand them and not use them right.

A deck for the collection it seems.....as one's that want you to buy more are not for me.

Lynn
Old 11-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello, just to update, I purchased these cards about a week ago, like most of my cards, I would have never bought them had I not seen them here first : D

This deck is very impressive. Not a traditional tarot of course, very much a self development tool to work on self/issues and do inner work. I personally don't think I ll get much use out of these for 'readings'. I can see why these cards are most beneficial in a business settings or working with someone and their issues(i.e. psychologists). That saying, pretty scary when I used them as a reading for myself. The cards definitely didn't hold back on reflection and the roles/energy I am encompassing. It will highlight both the positive and 'shadow' attributes. ( may make you blush :P) I have been very consistent in pulling the same cards. Overall, amusing, intriguing and a wonderful addition if your a collector.

Here is an example ( this is something I am not btw lol)

MENTOR,
The cards give you both the negative and positive qualities of the 'Archetype'. On top are the light qualities ( your best attributes). The bottom describes the 'shadow', the darker negative qualities that one can work on to improve

Other Archetypes:

Begger
Goddess
GOD
LightWorker
Advocate
Addict
Judge
Child wounded
Prostitute
Tons more!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
I have ordered them , they are about to arrive anytime now
Old 12-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Master
Think that I'll check them out :)
Old 12-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Wonderful, Angel and Mart. I feel it is an exceptional price, about 15 bucks online, considering it does have limitations, yet beneficial for self development, I think the price is a good deal!

Again, they are better for self development. A question I like to ask myself is, "What energy am I harboring today" Or " what do I need to work with today". It's really astounding what it is reflects back. For example, one time I was home studying my daughter and I was left absolutely frustrated ( really nobody can test my buttons like her) and I asked the cards what I needed to know it gave me an 'Archetype' that actually reflected that I was basically the problem lol ( or my style in teaching). It was eye opening and it forced me to look beyond the surface/ frustrations.

Also, it gives you blank cards to make your own 'Archetypes'. Here is an example I did just now, for kicks and giggles!

Ya'll know I can be loving!
Old 13-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Master
When I read your OP I thought, sheer psychology, very deep cards!
Then Pisces mentioned Jung, and yeah, of course. Jung's archetypes.
From what I see and read, I like them. A deck to put on the list of wanna-haves for sure! I like deep psychological insight, grin. As long as it's Jung based that is, or Jung 'compatible', lol.

Forum Hog sounds great, haha.