Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Ascender
Tarot of dreams if they would just shrink those cards!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 04:41 AM
Master
Well I have one deck only as is. It is a deck of "witching cards" as the older females in my family refer to them. They were my Grandmother's, who has been passed several years now. It took a while for them to come into my possession after because they were taken by my aunt, and surprisingly when my mother brought them up to her she let us take them. They have a witch with a moon I believe on the backs of them. They had come in an orange box but the box is now gone. My grandmother herself did and would not read for me for the longest time, because as she put it she did not want anything to come of it. She told me the cards were evil, and when I asked why she gave no clarification and only that she knew this. So when I got them I cleansed them myself with a technique I had learned.

They have never caused myself or anyone I have read for harm. The only thing I have seen from them that I had come true for me was a sailing accident reading- Really looked to indicate a boating incident or sailing accident- that had an indication of death (stated by the cards, not myself) and all it turned out to be was the engine on the boat we were using the weekend after, to actually stall and an incident occurred where the entire engine was lost to the river. So a couple hours and a tow in later and we are all still here and well.

I would like to get another deck at some point. I had a lot more and a catholic deck my aunt had bought me, that was stolen from me years before the passing of my grandmother and which my aunt has said is the main reason she let me have them.

So, this particular deck has meaning to me, a lot of it, and I take care of them and cleanse them not usually after every use as I should, but regularly as I find time. So for now, they suit me fine. But, yes I should invest in a deck of tarot cards that I go out myself and choose. I had a lot of really nice ones in the past.. I always seem to form emotional or sentimental attachments to such things.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Ascender

Such a difficult question! haha

I would choose my Linestrider deck. I find it really thoughtful and I have a good connection with it. It's the one I use the most when I read for others, it just always seems to have a constructive and positive outlook. Love it!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Hello

One deck that would be The Psychic Tarot by John Holland.

Lynn
Old 05-03-2017, 01:47 AM
Pathfinder

Oh it would be the bohemian gothic tarot for sure ;)
Old 12-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

One deck that would be The Psychic Tarot by John Holland.

Lynn

I was just about to post John Holland's Psychic Tarot but I've seen you've beaten me to it!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Master
Just one deck o.O that's so hard to decide. Life would become boring for most tarot readers
Old 12-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Seeker

Hi
I have been following this with interest. I know have a copy of The Wild Unknown which Clover mentioned and I was unaware of. The prevalence of The Rider/Waite/Smith is understandable. If it had not been for the Thoth then I think it would have been my choice. I find these two decks fill gaps in each other. Crowley was a magician and Waite was a mystic who wanted to recombine with god. They were both members of the golden dawn and both drew on its take on tarot.Anyway the comparison is a book length topic.
inomminate
Old 12-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Mine would be my Deviant Moon, despite the distorted pictures, and its sarcastic responses to questions asked. I have a number of runner ups, but my Deviant Moon is always my go to deck when I need to get to the nitty gritty.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Ascender
I only have two tarot packs. The Travole, a set of beautifully depicted Gothic vampires, by Victoria Frances - a kinda Wintertime pack. So as Spring is now here I guess I'd choose my newer set of cards, The Tarot of the Druids.

The latter was really an impulse buy and I became worried that the colourful and comedic themes within the tarot would slip away from me. Like some adolescent Asterix and Getafix fixation.
As it turns out the themes are more prevalent to my environment and life style than the Travole -

The Mistletoe (Wands) grows more prolific and more densely in this part of the country than in any another region of Great Britain. I guess something's telling me I made the right choice in the Tarot of the Druids.

Last edited by Kine Lea : 12-03-2017 at 04:29 PM.