Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Pathfinder

I've been with my fiancé for seven years. Our friend was his best friend first. Friend and I are just a lot alike. I don't want him romantically. I just didn't understand this deep love I felt for him. So when I felt a deeper (but different) love I panicked and told the both of them. I have ruined their friendship as well.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branflakes0609
So when I felt a deeper (but different) love I panicked and told the both of them. I have ruined their friendship as well.
That's unfortunate. I would suggest it reveals something that may come up later in your marriage. Marriages are about being truthful. If you can't be truthful to your partner, that will come up again, and again. Telling somebody you care deeply for them? That's called being human. If you are afraid of expressing your human feelings, you will feel stuck in your relationship at some point. I am not being mean, I am speaking from YEARS of experience of this exact thing.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Pathfinder

I think my fiancé is afraid to talk to friend because he may fear friend has these feelings too and he doesn't want to lose me. So part of me says I did the right thing and that's being honest.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branflakes0609
I think my fiancé is afraid to talk to friend because he may fear friend has these feelings too and he doesn't want to lose me. So part of me says I did the right thing and that's being honest.
Well that's good if it has opened up the possibility of the truth being shared and discussed. I would just say make sure it stays open-ended until it's resolved. Sometimes we stop talking because it's easier to just forget about things and hope it all goes away. Which guarantees it will come back again in some other form.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Knower
Jimrich offers excellent advice.

Often we are strongly attracted to people because subconsciously they either remind us of someone from our formative years (mother, father - the origins of our own deepest qualities or flaws) or they have a trait that we do not have, but instinctively know we should develop or experience. Comprehending these feelings of 'love' may have more to do with comprehending your own wiring, past and present, than some inexplicable connection. Just food for thought. Best wishes with it, and congrats on your engagement.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Guide

Branflakes you have gotten yourself in quite a pickle!

You mentioned you will try to 'love' your fiance more, hummmmm love is love. It just is, you can't force it.

If you aren't sure if you truely love someone please don't rush to get married, you will just cause a lot more upset for both of you further down the road.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
If you aren't sure if you truely love someone please don't rush to get married, you will just cause a lot more upset for both of you further down the road.

Agree.........
Old 21-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Newbie ;)

I think you shouldn't rush into a marriage until you are perfectly sure about your feelings, and also a feelings of your friend.