Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Kellybee

I'm not sure about my guide...

Hey, I'm new here, this is my first post so please go easy on me.

I registered because I have a question that I'm hoping somoene can help me with. I occasionally attend an open circle, particularly since my grandfather passed away. The places and people I see when meditating there have always been incredibly vivid, I can see the details in carpets, the rings on people's fingers, I know their first names, middle names, last names and such, but none of it really meant anything to anyone there. And so I never knew if it were my imagination or not and eventually I stopped going.

But after a year or so not attending I went back, because something dark had been bothering me at home, I just wanted some kind of reassurance that it wasn't malevolent. When the meditation started the place the speaker talked us through to help us relax had changed. Instead of a staircase and a chair in a room it was a forest with water and fish, and a path which led to a crystal cavern. It was so much more pleasant than normal, easier to imagine (I likened it to a picture I have at home), and I sat there in a crystal cave talking to my grandfather, who apologised for frightening me into going back to church. He said circle is what I need in my life at the moment, and he'd exhausted all other avenues, but that the dark was his form, thats the only way he could catch my attention. I also spoke to a little girl who was, for the first time in my life verified by another church-goer.

Then when I got home I got into bed and found myself back in the crystal cave, but it wasn't just my grandfather there, there was someone else I recognised. And I never met him personally, but I recognised him because in life he was famous. Actually he's chuckling and telling me he's still famous.

I've had conversations with him about his life and mine, and found that he was born two days before me. I probably already knew that somewhere but google verified it for me. We have a lot of other things in common, and I like him, but he never really answers the question about whether he's my guide or not. He just says he's here to help me. I don't see him physically, but I hear his voice in my mind, like when you think of a song. He's always there in the background, I dont think of him constantly or anything, but if I say his name in my head, he always replies and we talk.

But is he a guide? A part of me says that like those places I visited in meditation he's part of my imagination, and another part of me says he's a spirit disguised as somebody I'd recognise. But I dont know if I'm convincing myself of this because I can't believe that someone so well known would relate to me, a person he never met in life? I've asked him if he's someone else, appearing as a familiar face but he says no, that's not allowed. He always was, and always will be the person I see in my mind (his words, not mine). We have a lot in common on a lot of levels, and he knows my aspirations are a lot like his were, but something somewhere tells me that this can't be real. Or can it?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM
BlueOwl

Ask the spirit if it is in the light and of the light. If you get the anwser no or no reply then tell it to leave and not come back. An entiity playing tricks will say no or try to avoid anwsering the question.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Kellybee

Whew, I feel so much better reading that, thank you very much! Well, he didnt hesitate. He said he is in the light, he is of the light and he loves the light.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Master

Ask him if he is a helper rather than a guide. Guides have a contract with you, helpers are random entities deciding to help you for a while for their own reasons.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Kellybee

Thank you... He said he is here because I invited him, and as long as I need him he'll be here.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
BlueOwl

Just as a precaution...it is a good idea to regulary ask this spirit if it is in and of the light...just incase another spirit turns up that isn't and gets misunderstood as being the one that you know is in the light. I am glad that you are now clear on everything :)
Old 01-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Kellybee

I have to keep asking him? Or ask new spirits?

I guess my main concern is that he isn't real at all, because everything I've ever read tells me that these things don't come easy. But something says that the change in scene at circle/meditation helped me along, to better understand or tune in to something that was probably always there, if that makes sense.

I really appreciate your help
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
BlueOwl

Really it is good idea to ask before you begin any conversation with a spirit even if you are sure it is him.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Master

Ask him when you invited him, and what he is there to help you with.

Could be he is your guide after all.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Kellybee

I asked God to send me an angel, or someone to help me sort my mess of a life out. I remember saying, or thinking it, on the 1st October when I registered as self employed and didn't have much faith in my business sense or my ability to succeed. I very rarely say or think things like that, but you know how it is sometimes when nothing else seems to work.