Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 24-01-2014, 05:00 AM
Pegasus

Quick Query

Is acupuncture good for anxiety and tension? I hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders to the point where I have been told the tightness is 'horrendous'!! I don't notice it any more to be honest, just the odd morning I wake up and feel a bit tight... But I think a lot of it centres round my anxiety and I also do a lot of driving in my job and use a laptop I am quite sensitive and work with vulnerable people which often finds me tossing and turning overnight worrying about them, hence why I am awake now, in the UK, I should be fast asleep! I just wondered if it would help...? I also have some other health issues and I am being drawn to Homeopathy, but can't actually decide between the two

Any help/ suggestions / experiences gratefully received!

Thank you

xx

Edited to add I have been having weekly Chinese therapy/ massage for a few months but this doesn't seem to help either and I can no longer afford to go weekly, but it has only helped to a point anyway...
Old 24-01-2014, 05:02 AM
Adept

It's pretty good, I used to go all the time. You really have to remember to drink water after. I stopped going for headaches because they'd actually always get worse and I got really dizzy. I've gone for back pain too, which helps decently even with sciatica, but I have DDD so you should compare my experience to one you may have.

It helped me get over addiction though, and anytime I'm on pain meds I get a massage and acupuncture and it helps get the toxins out. Placebo or not, I don't care haha. I'll be going once I recover from my upcoming surgery.
Old 24-01-2014, 05:22 AM
Pegasus

Thank you adept It seems to be effective in helping lots of issues in different people
Old 11-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Newbie ;)

If I'm correct, you don't have to chose between homeopathy and acupuncture. Why not resort to both of them?

I would say acupuncture is more difficult to practise though, so you have to be sure your practionner is experienced.