Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Parisfrance137

Am I seeing just seeing things?

Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum and was happy to see there was a place online where I could ask questions about meditating, etc. Over the weekend, I purchased a book (on a whim) that deals with meditating and contacting our spirit guides. I've tried meditating before but I always find I either have a difficult time at it or I don't believe what I'm "seeing". So far I've only meditated twice but the first time I did, I had an image come into my head. I was in a forest, walking down a dirt path when a little girl with long brown hair comes out of no where. She says, "Come with me" and she extends her hand to me. When I asked her for her name, she says it's Violet but that's all I saw. Yesterday I meditated again but this time I did not see her or anyone new. What I did see was darkness and a white light almost going back and forth across my vision. I asked my spirit guides if they could show themselves by they never did.

What I did ask is if my spirit guides were with me, to save a parking spot for my fiance at some point today, tomorrow, etc. I know, it sounds stupid!! But, my fiance and I live in the city and he never has luck finding a place to park which results in numerous parking tickets. To make things short, he WAS able to find parking in two different locations at two different times. Coincidence? How do I know though that what I see is REAL and not in my head? When visions come to me, it's weird because I don't see them clearly and I wonder if it's just me making them up. Any help would be great!
Old 26-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Guide

Well, I may not be able to clarify much about visions, but I would like to present an alternative perspective for you to evaluate.

The first thing I would like to suggest is that you do not need any guides or dependency of any other outside source to find your way in life. I will not discourage you from practicing communication if this is something you really want. But the need for guidance from an outside source is actually a program that is part of the soul construct of the system you posses as a human being, which was only designed to entertain separation between the physical self and who you really are, as a spirit, as source.

What I am suggesting is to open up to your authentic heart, which is your direct connection to your true self.

You can nourish this connection by being aware of your impulses and act upon them; paying more attention to how you feel in any moment; questioning yourself what you would really like to do in any moment; and generally just being true to yourself, enjoying yourself, and loving yourself.

It's all about developing an understanding that your true nature is one of well-being and love, by learning to become more aware of what emerges from your heart. Listen to your own voice. Make the choices that better suit you. And remember that who you really are is not of the mind.

I would even go as far as to say that the mind cannot be trusted, because when you place your focus there with the intention to let it guide you somewhere, you are connecting to consciousness and not source. In other words, the information observed may for the most part be random clutter or deception to keep you distracted from realising who you really are.

When you eventually have developed a good sense of trust in yourself, your inner knowing from your heart will be your truth detector, so to speak, allowing you to decern whether something resonates with you as truth or not.

Just be patient with yourself and allow your life to revolve around whatever feels good to you and makes your heart sing.