Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Pathfinder

Meditation Help.

Hi everybody.
I used to be able to meditate somewhat easily in the past but now for some reason, I can't seem to quiet my mind no matter how hard I try. My main problem seems to be focus in particular, my mind always begins to wander during meditation.

My first question is, what can I do to keep myself from wandering during meditation? The problem with my mind wandering during meditation is the fact it causes me not to feel any benefits from it. After while, it starts to seem like I'm just laying on back with my eyes closed for no reason lol.

Also, I would like to know, what do you guys meditate for? What's the goal that you're trying to achieve when you meditate? I'm asking because I want to use my meditation in a more beneficial way aside from mere relaxation which is what I mostly use it for.

Thank you all in advance!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Mayflow

As it seems to me, there is meditation to quiet the mind, and there is also deep insight meditation. I see nothing wrong with a very active mind trying to investigate what causes it to suffer and what alleviates the suffering and brings it freedom and happiness.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCry
Hi everybody.
I used to be able to meditate somewhat easily in the past but now for some reason, I can't seem to quiet my mind no matter how hard I try. My main problem seems to be focus in particular, my mind always begins to wander during meditation.

I find that when there's a lot of thought it will soon run its course. After a while it seems less important and I lose interest in it.

Quote:
My first question is, what can I do to keep myself from wandering during meditation? The problem with my mind wandering during meditation is the fact it causes me not to feel any benefits from it. After while, it starts to seem like I'm just laying on back with my eyes closed for no reason lol.

Also, I would like to know, what do you guys meditate for? What's the goal that you're trying to achieve when you meditate? I'm asking because I want to use my meditation in a more beneficial way aside from mere relaxation which is what I mostly use it for.

Thank you all in advance!

I usually meditate to recollect myself and relax.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Billi

Hi Midnight.

Maybe a 'guided meditation' might help you. There are tons of them on youtube dealing with a wide range of topics. It's basically just someone talking, guiding you through a meditation, with someone telling you what to do, it might be a little easier to focus.

There are also chakra meditations that you can look into if it's something you feel drawn to...you can read about it and do a 'self-guided' meditation although you'll likely find some of those on youtube as well.

Don't be hard on yourself when you lose focus. It's frustrating at first, I know. But be gentle. I like to imagine the intruding thoughts becoming balloons and floating away. With practice it gets easier.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for your responses everybody.
I have tried guided meditations and chakra meditations and enjoyed them both. However, I want to be able to meditate in complete silence or at least, to some instrumental music but I'm no longer successful at this. :/ I know that there's nothing really wrong with thoughts coming into my mind during meditation because they will end up going away but the problem is, once my mind starts to wander, it seems to have no plans of coming back to focus lol. -_- The only thing I seem to be able to do now is self hypnosis which I do enjoy, I just wish I was able to meditate in either complete silence or just on my own without help. Maybe help is what I need at the time, though.
Thank you all again.
Old 28-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Spiritual Healer

In meditation the most important thing is focus & concentrate, your concentrate power is more strong to forget all the things & just focus your mind. If this will not work than you can go to here chamundaswamiji.com
He is the best meditation instructor and I am sure that you'll completely agree with this.
Old 28-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Spiritual Healer

In meditation the most important thing is focus & concentrate, your concentrate power is more strong to forget all the things & just focus your mind. If this will not work than you can go to here chamundaswamiji.com
He is the best meditation instructor and I am sure that you'll completely agree with this.
Old 28-06-2013, 07:33 PM
WYN123

I meditated to become enlightened, enlightenment is an easy process, but I wasn't actually aware of what enlightenment was, you hear phrases like its amazing, At one with god, more success, more peace, less suffering, less emotional pain, freedom from sin, all things equal none more important than any one else. like a carrot the dangled in front of a donkey, the donkey goes for it. they are selling you a dream, a way out, a get out of jail free card. they will tell you the ego is insanity,

what they don't tell you
enlightenment is enlightenment of the soul, once the process starts it can't be reversed, you aren't coming back to be reborn. no emotions is not a good thing, no one important than any one else (family?), You give your self over to god, his will not yours, You sacrifice your I am, the mountain top where law of attraction is and what you want to achieve count for nil as you don't exist any more, you or your ego (I am)dies. what is supposed to arise is bliss, heaven, but there are other aspects needed to achieve this I think and if these things aren't in place you miss it and die any way. sorry if this is a bit on the negative side but I think every one needs to be aware of the other side of what they may be getting into, finding death before death finds you!