Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:00 PM
dreamer

Terry's all gold

Terry lived a fairly mundane life, his childhood was fairly ordinary in that uninspiring kind of a way that so may childhoods are. He wasn't brought up to believe in anything in particular, and his parents made the best out of what they had, which wasn't a lot.

When he left school Terry trained as an accountant and this led to a job as an accountant which took up the best part of the rest of his lfe. It wasn't a job Terry liked or disliked, it payed the bills and gave him 4 weeks holiday a year and like his parents before him he made the best of what he had, which wasn't a lot.

Terry married his first girlfriend, he had never been good with women so when Dawn showed an interest in him he grabbed hold of her with all his strength. He "knew" she could do better than him and so stifled her spirit in order that she would become dependent and never have the confidence to go elsewhere.

Terry and Dawn had two children, both of whom were never taught to believe in anything in particular and lived fairly uninspiring childhoods.

The day of Terry's death came, as he lay aware that his life was ebbing away Terry became nervous at what was to come. He looked back at his life and he knew he could have done better and this worried him as the thought kept going around in his head "I was given this opportunity, I could have been anything and done anything but I chose to live an uninspiring life, what a wasted opportunity"

Terry's soul was yanked out of his body, and he prayed with everything he had that he would be okay. He was drawn towards the light and there came to rest before God. "My dear Terry what have you to say for yourself" a voice boomed, Terry shrunk in shame "My God" he said "I am so sorry, you gave me this great opportunity to live and I have wasted it, and more than that I have caused my wife and children to waste their lives too, I am so sorry and ashamed, how can i be forgiven."

And God said " My dear Terry, it is true that you never strived to be anything more than what was given to you, but fear is an insidious beast and it is not your fault that you became trapped by it. Terry you have a heart of Gold, as we all do for you are an aspect of myself. Do not worry, onwards you shall go - take this lesson and in your next life LIVE so that the next time we meet you can hold your head up high."

With this Terry, was born to Jenny Keighley, and was now little Graeme, beloved son of Jenny and Trevor, fairly uninspiring parents of a very determined little boy.

Edited with Dreamer's permission to modify wording. Forum Staff

Last edited by tiltjlp : 02-03-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Closed Thread