Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Deactivated Account

is it possible ? ...........

Is it possible to have an OBE and not go anywhere ?

not consciously trying to do so .... it just happens on a rare occasion, not often but a few times ......

not exactly sure how to explain this ....

can one can be physically here, but not here, as if they had ' just stepped out ' so to speak and are observing things that are happening around them, seeing them as if they were another person viewing them from a different point of view or reality ?

I know, a bit way out there, LOL !

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 08-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Master

Some one would need to be in an altered state of consciouness to go put of body . I have heard of people just leaving there body and not really going any where . We all leave during certain peroids of sleep , I think most dont go far . That does sound boring tho.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:14 PM
cheeneka

HI

Yes, I believe it is possible, it has to do with awareness I think, when we are not focused on anything in particular and soul is free to wander. We do this in our dreams all the time, when we sleep we give up control of conscious thoughts and mind.

It is like when we daydream and then all of a sudden, time has passed and we wonder where we were. :)

It is a strange sensation to see ourselves from the outside in rather than the inside out.

LOve cheeneka x
Old 08-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Some one would need to be in an altered state of consciouness to go put of body . I have heard of people just leaving there body and not really going any where . We all leave during certain peroids of sleep , I think most dont go far . That does sound boring tho.

desert rat,

I am thinking maybe those people who don't go anywhere are just learning to AP or are perhaps hesitant to travel ? not sure on that......
and yes, I have heard about " we all leave during certain periods of sleep ".

it feels like I am in an altered state of consciousness when these moments occur.... and I am doing nothing nor do I take anything to induce these altered states. It feels like I am in a trance like state, and I am totally awake... I am not trying to AP, nor am I sleeping.

I have enough excitement, some days more than enough in my life, that I don't need to AP to find excitement, LOL !

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeneka
It is like when we daydream and then all of a sudden, time has passed and we wonder where we were. :)

hi cheeneka,

I like that

Something similar happened once when I woke up, even though I looked around and could see where I was ... I wasn't there, lol ! It was the strangest feeling !

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Is it possible to have an OBE and not go anywhere ?
Yes. One of the biggest problems beginner astral travelers have is they 'exit' but fail to get far enough from the body (or don't know how to). If the bodies overlap for too long (usually a few seconds) they spontaneously re-unite.

There are also many forms of expanded awareness which can provide a similar view. If your awareness expands say to the size of a room, its easy to look 'back' at your body. This can last for extended periods.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks wstein, maybe that was it ..... the not knowing how or the spontaneously reuniting. Maybe I am subconsciously wanting to astral travel .....and needing to make more of a conscious effort to do so.

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Neville

Quote:
can one can be physically here, but not here, as if they had ' just stepped out ' so to speak and are observing things that are happening around them, seeing them as if they were another person viewing them from a different point of view or reality ?

It comes down to physics to me.. A thing with Mass is slower than the speed of light, A thing without mass (consciousness) is not then limited to slower than the speed of light, which in turn, suggests that consciousness has something of the omnipresent about it.

I notice this particularly when goofing off while carrying out mundane tasks. But in reality, (whatever that is) My Mind/Consciousness/Awareness. is seldom right here right now in this second, I'm either planning ahead or recollecting..So I reckon my answer would be yes to your question.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
But in reality, (whatever that is) My Mind/Consciousness/Awareness. is seldom right here right now in this second, I'm either planning ahead or recollecting..So I reckon my answer would be yes to your question.

Your Mind seems to work like mine, or mine seems to work like yours ..... LOL !

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-12-2014, 11:47 PM
cheeneka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
It comes down to physics to me.. A thing with Mass is slower than the speed of light, A thing without mass (consciousness) is not then limited to slower than the speed of light, which in turn, suggests that consciousness has something of the omnipresent about it.

I notice this particularly when goofing off while carrying out mundane tasks. But in reality, (whatever that is) My Mind/Consciousness/Awareness. is seldom right here right now in this second, I'm either planning ahead or recollecting..So I reckon my answer would be yes to your question.

Hi

do you think some part of it has to do with no time...........time does not exist in spirit, the past, present and future are all just one. Mass does not exist in spirit either, we see mass with physical eyes but it is just energy vibrating at a lower level that we humans can conceive.

LOve cheeneka x