Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Okay, so I'm not alone here. I've been seeing them too, but more close up and personal, like between me and the PC screen, like the tip of a sparkler that lasts for all of a second and then vanishes. These are not orbs, because I get those too, but these electric fireflies are pretty strange. With all of the weird stuff I go through, I just put it down to eyestrain until it decides to reveal, like the orbs.

I guess it's probably nothing spiritual related. Not sure what I was feeling prior to that but like a while back I find myself once again drawing the conclusion that all of this kind of stuff isn't real but most likely just imagination. I need to stop getting back at those pathetic childish fantasies and embrace the fact that we're all just operating on our own.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Guide

Not pathetic or childish at all, i have been following your posts, stop me if im wrong but were you not so long ago a practicing christian? Now you are looking for answers from a wider circle which is wonderful! I also noticed your signature, great to see you looking into Norse mythology! You will come across lots of theories about what you are experiencing the fun is looking into them and taking the bits that resonate with you on your journey to deeper discovery.

I don't believe their is a one size fits all to any of this stuff.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Guide

'the Fool doth think he is a wise but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool'
Shakespeare
Old 10-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Not pathetic or childish at all, i have been following your posts, stop me if im wrong but were you not so long ago a practicing christian? Now you are looking for answers from a wider circle which is wonderful! I also noticed your signature, great to see you looking into Norse mythology! You will come across lots of theories about what you are experiencing the fun is looking into them and taking the bits that resonate with you on your journey to deeper discovery.

I don't believe their is a one size fits all to any of this stuff.

No you aren't wrong, indeed I used to be a practicing Christian years ago but now not so much anymore. I still lable myself ''Christian'' because I definitely believe there must be something out there, and if things turn worse for the matter I'd pray to Jesus and stuff but I don't go to church, are part of any official organised religion (catholic, protestant etc) or celebrate holy feasts with the only exception when I am invited by the monastery where I work. And you are right, because even though I take everything new I learn with a grain of salt I'm still interested in seeing other perspectives just in case IF it has some truth in it. The thing that bothers my mind about Christianity is the concept of hell and eternal torment. Sure, there may be many explanations by other Christians and bible scholars why people would suffer for eternity in hell, but I just feel if God is truly unconditional love and better than any human, why would he punish someone with eternal torment? Okay some people such as Hitler may not deserve forgiveness perhaps, but why won't God just utterly eradicate both their body and soul out of existence? This is why I took a few steps back from traditional Christianity, and as well some personal stuff in my life.

That being said, to me Norse mythology is very interesting although I don't believe in any of it to be real. I just find the whole lore itself beautiful, and as well the many personalities and stories about the deities (especially Odin and Thor). Their morality in some cases may still be questioned, but they differ so much from the nasty gods from Greek mythology for example. (and to clear things up, signature text is from a song called Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth)
Old 10-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
No you aren't wrong, indeed I used to be a practicing Christian years ago but now not so much anymore. I still lable myself ''Christian'' because I definitely believe there must be something out there, and if things turn worse for the matter I'd pray to Jesus and stuff but I don't go to church, are part of any official organised religion (catholic, protestant etc) or celebrate holy feasts with the only exception when I am invited by the monastery where I work. And you are right, because even though I take everything new I learn with a grain of salt I'm still interested in seeing other perspectives just in case IF it has some truth in it. The thing that bothers my mind about Christianity is the concept of hell and eternal torment. Sure, there may be many explanations by other Christians and bible scholars why people would suffer for eternity in hell, but I just feel if God is truly unconditional love and better than any human, why would he punish someone with eternal torment? Okay some people such as Hitler may not deserve forgiveness perhaps, but why won't God just utterly eradicate both their body and soul out of existence? This is why I took a few steps back from traditional Christianity, and as well some personal stuff in my life.

That being said, to me Norse mythology is very interesting although I don't believe in any of it to be real. I just find the whole lore itself beautiful, and as well the many personalities and stories about the deities (especially Odin and Thor). Their morality in some cases may still be questioned, but they differ so much from the nasty gods from Greek mythology for example. (and to clear things up, signature text is from a song called Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth)

As far as im concerned you should use your underlying beliefs to help you, they will always be part of you. My partner was brought up Catholic, i still get strange looks from him when I talk about things im interested in, he is still afraid deep down of the big bad fire.

Have you ever heard of the Cathars? http://www.cathar.info/cathar_beliefs.htm. Really interesting story and beliefs, they believed that earth was hell and we were trapped here, if you havent heard of them might be a good place you find a few answers for yourself.

Joseph Campbell's ideas are very interesting if you are looking into mythology (if you havent heard of him).

Happy hunting!
Old 11-01-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I guess it's probably nothing spiritual related. Not sure what I was feeling prior to that but like a while back I find myself once again drawing the conclusion that all of this kind of stuff isn't real but most likely just imagination. I need to stop getting back at those pathetic childish fantasies and embrace the fact that we're all just operating on our own.
I don't, for one second believe we are operating on our own, but then again, not everything we see or hear that cannot be explained is spiritually related either.

Even though I do believe in God, Angels and Spirits and even though they have revealed themselves to me, I always use Occam's Razor first before jumping to the most illogical conclusion. This means that whatever 'doesn't fit' or whatever is left or remains behind, must be a spiritual thing.

I'll see stuff like these tiny sparkling lights, shadows moving across my wall during the night or stuff out of the corner of my eye and I'll be like "right, either show up as a full-bodied apparition or go away because I don't have time for fun and games." They don't go away...but they don't hang around for any longer than a brief second either, which makes me think they are astigmatisms. Even an optometrist can't tell if you get the occasional astigmatism - it happens to everyone and especially if they have been staring at a PC screen or a TV for the past 3-4 hours solid without taking a break. Look away for a few seconds and all crazy stuff starts happening, but it fades away.

Still, the most logical answer is usually the right one and here am I, a logician believing in God, even though through and by pure logic, He nullifies His own existence - but that's a thread for another day and I'm just rabbiting on now. lol
Old 25-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Knower

Oh I think you have visitors when you saw the light.
We are visited sometimes. It's just that you are more sensitive now/ the visitor wanted to let you know they passed by.

Cause that is what happened to me. It's like a really bright reflection for a split second. The "light" may be just a small sparkle, or light the whole room like lightning. In my case, the visitors can be angels (either just passed by or helped me)/ my star family/ spirits/ enlightened masters of the religion we believe in/ deceased relative who came to see my grandma sleeping next to me and it was until the next day that I knew he passed away. Or even the spirit from my moldavite who protected me from some spirit...
I now the lights more often than before cause the moldavite made me more sensitive.

Our subconscious self knows what is happening. If it doesn't affect your life in general, no worries.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:01 AM
Master

I love to give out Seth as a gift to those who have never heard of him - warning - book shout out :)

Seth Speaks is a book that was channeled through Jane Roberts in the ... hmmm don't remember when - Jane started channeling Seth in the 60's through 1984, when she passed away, and Seth Speaks was Seth's first book, written through Jane. They went on to write many, many books together, but this first book - I believe - explains what the heck we are all doing here, in a way that is mind bending but believable.

Seth is many people's first metaphysical teacher - I have put the link below to the Amazon page - if you click on the book, you can read the first Chapter or so. I would skip all of the introductions and Robert's comments (in Italics) and just read a page or two of Seth and see what you think.

Seth is a great teacher of energy. I connected to my own energy for the first time by reading passages in this book.

I can't recommend him enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Seth-Speaks-E...ds=seth+speaks

If you find Seth a bit of a challenge to read (and I didn't understand half of what he was saying for the longest time, so I sort of skimmed a lot in the beginning because my mind couldn't grasp all of the scientific data he was discussing and it was not my thing) then you might try Abraham.

Abraham is channeled by Esther Hicks. She has been channeling them for well over 25 years - she travels the US (and other countries now) spreading their message - which is basically reminding all of us why we came here.

And while they have written books, Abraham is so much more fun in vivid color. And they have a great sense of humor. This is a trailer for one of their videos that I think you'll like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKUI71uG3U

Everyone is different. I think our search for our own spirituality is innate in all of us, and we all find it in different places and paths, but the journey is the reason we are all "here" and life is supposed to be fun.

So, some book/video shout outs from the peanut gallery :)
Old 03-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Pathfinder

I believe personally that the blue flashes of light are usually past relatives trying to catch your attention.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself

Alan Turing: Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Deactivated Account
I think its all just a load of bull though. That flash I saw didn't mean anything and was just some light reflection or something, even though thats hard to prove. I need to stop making those retarded threads because they contradict my personality.