Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Ascender

Why is astral projection ignored by the mainstream??

Id never even heard of it until last year and I started my investigations into the afterlife

It seems to be totally invisible to the mainstream - surely its enough to warrant proper investigation to determine if it really is what it claims??
Old 17-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Master

You cannot prove ap. A lot of people do not believe ap. A lot of people think ap is evil. My mother thinks you should not do ap. It is not normal. People do not like talking about ap. I learnt years ago not to talk about ap. People think you are crazy. Even if they do believe in ap they do not want to talk about it. It is a hushed subject. Thank goodness we have this forum.
Old 18-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

What qualifies as mainstream is dependent upon who you ask.

Just as being rich is dependent upon who you ask. I ask you this. What qualifies as being rich to a man who holds a 50k salary vs. a man who holds a 250k salary, to a pennyless man who lives in the Indian slums? Each will provide a separate answer, yet each truth holds importance to the individual in question. Perspective.
Old 18-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Master
Astral projection is closely related to witchcraft in that in both instances you wake up at night and in spirit and travel the astral and do something while others remain asleep. Maybe that is why others think it is evil and can't talk about it either.
Old 18-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
What qualifies as mainstream is dependent upon who you ask.
I'm going to qualify mainstream as average. Bellcurve. Pull maybe ten random people off the street, how many from this sample will know about APing at all? Then what is their assumptions(either based on the name alone/preconceived beliefs and ideas)? Then how about actual experience?

Given my family, friends, and let's say region. Breaking it down.

Family= I ap'd relatively regularly since I can remember(back to 9mto). My older sister did believe in it, as she experienced it too, but then later on forgot how to as she grew older. Everyone else in my family(aside from SO) views it in incredibly harsh light, from evil, to psychosis. These are family members whom have been exposed to the mystical side of life(a couple spiritual adepts in our family history), that there is more to existence than form, and annihilation at death. Yet, there is still that weight of fear(as well as misunderstanding and perpetuation of the fear propoganda). Also, several family members(ages 27-75) have told me that it's "unpopular" therefore "bad" and "wrong." Since barely anyone does it, there *must* be something wrong, que assumptions based on fantasy. Now there's a stigma, the shame, the projections, few want the burden to carry and it self perpetuates.

Friends=not even on the radar, just absolute error 404. They can barely handle the physically tangible, they aren't close to understanding the subtler parts of reality(aka dreaming, let alone Aping). Just no. Absolute zero vocabulary, or base knowledge. (which is actually nice for once).

Region= I've been told it's "Satan's" work, evil, and such religious rhetoric. The mental doors are closed, even if I speak of the liberation and wonders, it's still cast as the devil's influence through making something evil sound good. I have been told by peers, that they only read what their church deems safe. That really limits the knowledge of a large base. Aka perpetuates ignorance, fear, hate, as well as the lack of critical thinking.

This is mostly from observation at the bookstore or library, teachers, or peers interjecting their opinions when conversing with friends/family(they were eves dropping). Where, as I'm minding my own business, strangers would approach me as I'm perusing, and scream about Satan's work. I need to accept Jesus as my savior, repent, etc. I have yet to be approached by the opposite mentality(love, peace, harmony, true skepticism(discernment not closed-minded).

So why is it so hush hush here in this small speck of the world, taking a gander....propaganda of fear(most vocal as well as admint of righteousness), a culture that values the cultivation of blind obedience, ignorance, coupled with a absolute lack of personal awareness and starkly hindered development of emotional maturity.

It's like a Bermuda triangle of stupidity. Thank god the witch burning is outlawed, but ironically, a friend in HS was expelled for "casting a spell" on some girls to make them fail a test(all false accusations of course based on how she looked and didn't go to the main community church). So yup, locally it's very medieval times, just with less fire, and pokey-things.

((((Gives big hug to Apers here.))))
Old 19-08-2016, 06:41 AM
Master

A lot has to do with religion and fear.
Old 19-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Id never even heard of it until last year and I started my investigations into the afterlife

It seems to be totally invisible to the mainstream - surely its enough to warrant proper investigation to determine if it really is what it claims??

Hi metal68, Actually, the federal government (U.S) had a project branch that was exploring the use of Astral Projection for obtaining information about foreign intelligence/activity. I can't remember what the project was called, but it has been used at the federal government level.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 20-08-2016, 12:40 AM
Master

Some believe there astral guards at area 51 . Robert Monroe reported thatJ.F.K. had astral guards . Its not " mainstream " but the gov. does know about it .
Old 20-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi metal68, Actually, the federal government (U.S) had a project branch that was exploring the use of Astral Projection for obtaining information about foreign intelligence/activity. I can't remember what the project was called, but it has been used at the federal government level.

They still must have their experts. They have astral defences to stop astral travellers from getting into The White House, many of us including myself have tried and encounted this, I'm yet to hear of someone being successful with that (They have at least two different kinds of astral defence there on two different levels).

umm I never have thought about trying to visit area 51 astrally to see what would happen there but they would I think have astral defences of some kind there too seeing they do at the white house. (It could interesting to try to visit and find out what kind.. alien astral defences???)

General population wise, as others here have said it is seen as an occultic thing so evil in the eyes of many Christians, I wouldnt even try to discuss it with my parents as they probably would see it as evil (my father views my spiritual and energy healing as a wrong thing to do so I could just imagine what he'd think about OBE).

to others its just scary or a horrific thought to them (as then they worry also about who may be astrally watching them showering etc, for many this subject can end up creating some paranoia so they'd rather not delve into it at all.
Old 20-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Pathfinder
There is no "mainstream"... it keeps changing.

What we call mainstream is just a democratically accepted view and behavior. Once upon a time flat earth was mainstream. Science and knowledge do not depend on the number of people, number of votes of yes and no. Once upon a time materialism was mainstream, later it was QM, it seems now the tide is turning towards information based reality (simulation or VR view). In any case, when you are on the cutting edge mainstream does not matter, you hardly even get peers.

Scientific research in the subject of AP is not mainstream because it is cutting edge, it is so new (never seen scientifically before, even if common). Moreover, it is a subjective matter, and needs a different kind of science, different theories, perspectives, ideas.... not your usual test tube and meters science... So there is no surprise that only a handful of people take it up. Another reason is - science is nowadays a slave of funding. Those who fund big projects, want some fat returns, and I guess research on woo-woo stuff, as they call it, provides no returns at all...

However, it is wise to start your own research rather than wait for the mainstreamers to wake up from their sleep. No one will stop you from researching and experimenting with AP. Actually there are some researchers, Tom Campbell is the leading name. I can't recall now but there are some more, and they have made enormous progress. Only thing is that the money making magazines and journals do not want to publish such things, its not profitable