Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
You think people who go to church, synagogue, temple, or mosque are not uniting?

From my perspective, even though i have Christian values and was baptized, it has been my observation that most wars are caused over religion on a grander scale, so i was seeing beyond small congregations uniting in a church, i should have been more clear and certainly did not intend to cause offense. And again, just my personal views right or wrong, mine to own as are yours and all who come here.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 18-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Myer

I always keep my posts short guys....

Religion is similar to policitics....a method of controlling people. Manmade rules and rituals that people must adhere to. Believing things because it is 'written' rather than what you have experienced.

Spirituality....is learning the nature of our true self. Experiencing things for ourself. Enjoying our own, unique path of enlightenment.

Myer
Old 19-02-2011, 12:36 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
Religion is similar to policitics....a method of controlling people. Manmade rules and rituals that people must adhere to. Believing things because it is 'written' rather than what you have experienced.
Strange, we decry the divisive role religion plays, and then rally against religions ourselves at every opportunity that presents itself.
Old 19-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Strange, we decry the divisive role religion plays, and then rally against religions ourselves at every opportunity that presents itself.
That's what I was thinking about.
Just as I imagined, religion is the dark demonic horse, and spirituality is the white, peaceful unicorn.

Funny thing is, many spiritual people have the same hobbies, read the same books, do the same practices, believe in the same masters..

Religion isn't some fixed entity, it changes through time..
Both religion and spirituality can be individual and communal.
Old 19-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Greenslade

Religion and Spirituality have one thing in common - people. Some people find their religion Spiritual, some make their Spirituality religious. There are only differences if you want to make them, as in this brand of Christianity is different to that brand because...... and never the twain shall meet. A rose by any other name, perchance? It shouldn't be about Spirituality versus religion, as Spiritual people we should be able to understand that they are simply difference Paths to the same place. Horses for courses and all that. However, take people into the equation and it's a whole new ball game. Spirituality/religion is different to/better than religion/Spirituality because....... This brand of religion/Spirituality is better than that brand because....
Old 19-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Myer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
That's what I was thinking about.
Just as I imagined, religion is the dark demonic horse, and spirituality is the white, peaceful unicorn.

Funny thing is, many spiritual people have the same hobbies, read the same books, do the same practices, believe in the same masters..

Religion isn't some fixed entity, it changes through time..
Both religion and spirituality can be individual and communal.

Like the sound of the white unicorn. I definitely avoid you people on your dark demonic horses!!! LOL

But seriously, my issue with religion is the rules and rituals. Mostly manmade. I have no problem with people that go to church....I just question everything, and need a valid reason for doing something.

Myer
Old 19-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
Like the sound of the white unicorn. I definitely avoid you people on your dark demonic horses!!! LOL

But seriously, my issue with religion is the rules and rituals. Mostly manmade. I have no problem with people that go to church....I just question everything, and need a valid reason for doing something.

Myer

Hello

Much might well be man made yes, but in that there are Universal things at work as well. We are but one small DOT in that vastness.

We are all Light and we are all Dark where I personally feel most of us settle is in the middle ground. In that place of balance in both. We have it in us to do great good or great bad. Put in the situation we where one would have to make a choice to live of die no one can say what one might well do. Would one simply surrender or would one fight ? In that fight a life might well be lost. That is seen as bad.

Wars are fought over Religion and over land, and what one beleives in. We however I feel are moving ever closer to not a place of one World Religion but of One World seeing all Religions of having a value and understanding that we do not all have to agree on what fits to us but we can embrace what fits to other's.

What is a valid reason for going to Church. HMMM growing up as a child it was the " Family" thing that was done. NO choice in that one, just went. Right or wrong was not open for discusion. We at times are shaped by our upbringing and our cultrues. IF we can and choose to break free than at times a new World opens to us.

For many it is not what is said in Church so much that they go to hear BUT the friendships and bonds and LOVe that be there for them when one walks though that door. Its the blessings one receives and the healing at times.

I walk amounst the seen to be good and seen to be bad of the World but what I see is always the same a " person" that needs and deserves the very same as the next a set of "ears" to hear them. To embrace that while one's message might well be tainted and wrong to some it is still worth being told so they move forward on thier life path.

Religion man made ? Or Universal Light.....I have to say its is both.

Ly
Old 19-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Neville

Religion seems to involve walking an established Path , A well trodden one usually.Where all the flags were laid years ago.

Spirituality seems to involve finding, discovering and walking your own Path Laying down your own paving as you go.
Old 20-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Racer X

Religion Vs. Spirituality....?
...What's the difference?

about........$1.50 per week

That said.....
Spirituality is mostly religion dressed up in new clothing.

Few, very few .......LIVE.....BECOME.......LET GO........and REALIZE it is not about beliefs but rather living FREE of beliefs.

Releasing ones old thought patterns while allowing a higher Source to reboot .......ANY other way is just re-dressing an old manikin.

Jesus gave up on the cross and then was transformed!
Buddha gave up under the bodi tree and then was transformed!
Jona surrendered in the belly of a whale and then was reborn!

The caterpillar which believes is eaten!
The caterpillar which surrenders BECOMES what was hiding inside all along.......
Old 20-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Religion Vs. Spirituality....?
...What's the difference?

about........$1.50 per week

That said.....
Spirituality is mostly religion dressed up in new clothing.

Few, very few .......LIVE.....BECOME.......LET GO........and REALIZE it is not about beliefs but rather living FREE of beliefs.

Releasing ones old thought patterns while allowing a higher Source to reboot .......ANY other way is just re-dressing an old manikin.

Jesus gave up on the cross and then was transformed!
Buddha gave up under the bodi tree and then was transformed!
Jona surrendered in the belly of a whale and then was reborn!

The caterpillar which believes is eaten!
The caterpillar which surrenders BECOMES what was hiding inside all along.......
Sounds like some meta-religion. It's a belief that we can be free of beliefs. That's the part about being human.