Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Bluegreen

This may be of interest:

Quote:
In December, 1945, early Christian writings containing many secrets of the early Christian religion were found in upper Egypt, a location where many Christians fled during the Roman invasion of Jerusalem. Undisturbed since their concealment almost two thousand years ago, these manuscripts of Christian mysticism rank in importance with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

These writings affirmed the existence of the doctrine of reincarnation being taught among the early Jews and Christians. These Christian mystics, referred to as Christian Gnostics, were ultimately destroyed by the orthodox Church for being heretics. Their sacred writings were destroyed and hidden with the belief that they would be revealed at an appropriate time in the future. The discovery in 1945 yielded writings that included some long lost gospels, some of which were written earlier than the known gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

http://www.cinemind.com/a****er/news...36694527389583
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
lovint7

I am a chrisitan and I dont believe in reincarnation but I dont understand everything about the spirit world so I try not to judge what is right and wrong
Old 04-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
Hi Sira,

You have The Book of Enoch:
http://www.heaven.net.nz/writings/thebookofenoch.htm

There are many more. The Gospel of Thomas for example...

The Book of Enoch and the Gospel of Thomas don't mention reincarnation.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
Also, reincarnation was one of the tenets of the early Catholic Chruch, until it became politically unpopular as a teaching and was dropped.

Do you have a source for this?
Old 26-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Experiencer

Interesting theory I heard the other day regarding reincarnation and child abuse. Most people find sexually abusing a child reprehensible (and rightly so), but almost always that child who's being sexually abused was a child abuser him or herself in their previous lifetime.

They have to reincarnate as the victim so they can experience firsthand what its like to be abused. This is part of the personal karma they have to work out.

I dont know if this is true, but it sure sounds interesting. And if it's true you shouldnt feel sorry for them, because its something they have brought on themselves
Old 26-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Shining Star

Before the Council of Nicaea in AD 325, reincarnation was part of Christianity
Old 26-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresco
Interesting theory I heard the other day regarding reincarnation and child abuse. Most people find sexually abusing a child reprehensible (and rightly so), but almost always that child who's being sexually abused was a child abuser him or herself in their previous lifetime.

They have to reincarnate as the victim so they can experience firsthand what its like to be abused. This is part of the personal karma they have to work out.

I dont know if this is true, but it sure sounds interesting. And if it's true you shouldnt feel sorry for them, because its something they have brought on themselves
If this is true then there can never be an end to child abuse. If the abuser must suffer in a future life then someone he knows in that life must abuse him and then be destined to suffer the same thing in his future. The Bible says that in the last days many will depart from the faith and follow the teachings of demons and any teaching that the victim of child abuse deserves what is happening to him is clearly demonic in its origin.
Old 26-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
If this is true then there can never be an end to child abuse. If the abuser must suffer in a future life then someone he knows in that life must abuse him and then be destined to suffer the same thing in his future
But thats kinda whats happening right now in the world, actually. The cycle of sin is never-ending.
It will only end until JC makes his return and puts a stop to all this nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The Bible says that in the last days many will depart from the faith and follow the teachings of demons and any teaching that the victim of child abuse deserves what is happening to him is clearly demonic in its origin

I havent departed from anything, and I certainly dont need a seal of approval from you
Old 26-09-2011, 09:37 PM
MissieM

I have been conflicted about the idea of reincarnation but this is the general idea of the theory that keeps coming to me...I believe God is a loving a compassionate God, and that he isn't merciless and doesn't send people to hell who have made bad decisions. I think that God put us on this earth to fufill a purpose, and that everything happens for a reason. That when we die, if we still haven't fufilled our purpose or learned the lessons that we need to learn we reincarnate into whatever form will best help us to achieve our purpose and learn whatever lessons we need to learn. Once we have and our souls are wise and kind enough we then are able to leave our bodies behind and go on to heaven. I suppose that would be where the idea of karma would tie in. Anyways, just thought I'd add my two cents sorry for rambling. Just some ideas that have been knocking around in my head.

Peace and love,

Missie
Old 26-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm generally agnostic on my view of the afterlife. Personally, though, reincarnation makes more sense to me than Hellfire and brimstone. And for the record, I go to a Christian church ( a very liberal one), and have met several others within my congregation who believe in reincarnation, and indeed have had conversations about things such as past-life regressions.