Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well... Or Peter too? Or, Jude, or James...or?

Also, doesn't Peter himself validate Paul, making mention of him?
The difference between the three you mention and Paul is that they knew Jesus, Paul did not.

Also, there is doubt as to the authorship of their letters. Perhaps their mention of Paul is a clue as to their true authors, followers of Paul?

I am only interested in the words Jesus spoke. Even the gospels cannot be relied upon totally as they were written long after Jesus' death. But, they are the best accounts we have.
Old 17-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Guide
Great thread

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 18-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Mary Baker

I think the best authentication of any scripture is the testimony of the Holy Spirit.
I find it in all the orthodox gospels which give me plenty to guide me in my Christian walk.
My own salvation was a "Damascus Road" conversion so I think I know what Paul was about.
"The Church" is composed of all people who have believed in the teachings of Jesus, not just Roman Catholics or any other denomination.. Anyone who will be led by The Holy Spirit may come to understand what Jesus taught and thereby become a member of “The Church.”.
I became a member

In mid September of 1947 I was taking a rest while hand harvesting cotton as I stood enjoying the sunny early autumn sky with a few fluffy fair weather clouds and a refreshing breeze the blew across me.......then through me!!

Through every cell of me!! Cleansing me entirely. I have never in my life felt so clean, so refreshed.
And then HE spoke to me. I didn't hear a voice nor see a form. But I was clearly and intensely aware of a communication directly into my consciousness from an OTHER of indescribable goodness, kindness and power.. and I recognized him as I would my mother or father. I felt I had known him before but had somehow forgotten him until that minute. I trusted him completely with no apprehension for he was, I knew, completely to be trusted.

Here, as nearly as I can express with inadequate tools of language and concepts is the content of that communication:
I was made aware that sin was destroying me. I was shown the image of a form, which I understood was myself. It was being eaten away by a horrible sore, disgusting and revolting in the extreme. I was made to know that He felt great sorrow for this state of affairs. He told me that if I would choose a path characterized by love and peace that he would be with me to guide me all the way and at the end of the path I would come to him. I was shown an image of a path through a wood and a light like a spotlight shining down upon it ahead of me. Then when he spoke of my coming to him I was caught up into the midst of a glorious golden light; suspended there, embraced in perfect love and peace and joy beyond expression, the joy of coming home at last. For this destiny I had been created.

Then suddenly I was back in the cotton patch just as before, except my face was wet with tears. I was so terribly sorry for every unkind thing I had ever said or done. I felt a deep love for all people and a feeling of how infinitely precious each person is.

A year later, at the urging of The Holy Spirit, I was baptized as a member of an earthly congregation of believers
Old 18-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Ecthalion

That's a great story Mary, and it illustrates the point that God speaks directly to us, without the need of a book.
Old 18-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
That's a great story Mary, and it illustrates the point that God speaks directly to us, without the need of a book.

It's amazing to observe people making statements such as that. But, of course today, we have the internet.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Ecthalion

Is it so amazing that God speaks to us through our heart/spirit/soul rather than through an ancient book full of contradictions? I think it more amazing that people live their lives in accordance with ancient tribal laws and customs than in accordance with their consciences.
Old 18-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Is it so amazing that God speaks to us through our heart/spirit/soul rather than through an ancient book full of contradictions? I think it more amazing that people live their lives in accordance with ancient tribal laws and customs than in accordance with their consciences.

That's also errant. What you should have stated was, "percieved contradicitions". Albeit, your particular perspective, position, and reasoning wouldn't allow it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
That's also errant. What you should have stated was, "percieved contradicitions". Albeit, your particular perspective, position, and reasoning wouldn't allow it.
Yes, perceived contradictions. Some others cannot see them. There's none so blind as them that cannot see. Blind faith, without questioning, is folly.
Old 18-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Master
I would agree. The "Rock" and foundation upon which the Christian faith rests is expressed and communicated in the ages of the writings.

God is called, "Saviior", and "Redeemer", also in the Old Testament writings.