Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-06-2011, 10:07 PM
moke64916

Advise please

Ok, I am confused about unmanifesting and thoughts. I believe through my own experience that once you realize your mind is a tool. And you know you are not your mind. That you can think of your highest thoughts, given emotion to it. And REALIZING that your mind is a tool you can make those feelings of total love, joy, and bliss a reality through thought. I know this through experience. Unmanifesting does not mean you will not receive thoughts. Sometimes it is best to use positive thoughts to stop the negative thoughts, BUT surrender to what is when a negative thought arises. I have thought to manifest the unmanifested. Because those positive emotions and FEELINGS stop the thoughts once you are feeling. So you are as your unmanifested self. I have used thought manifestation before and I felt Presence. I felt my Being shed to light. I was just pure love. I felt love at it's highest level that I know of that it brought tears to my eyes it was pure love. I used thought to manifest myself into to most wonderful emotions I have ever felt. So this whole manifesting unmanifesting thing has got me confused. You can use thought, "The Law of Attraction" to Be. BECAUSE once those wonderful feelings come, you are not thinking you are feeling. So you are living as your unmanifested self. Would someone that has mastered the unmanifested please explain this to me? Xan where you at? I would like your opinion and anyone else that has mastered living as the unmanifested. Psycholice, Gem? I would really appreciate your guys help.
Old 30-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Topology

My friend, "manifesting the unmanifest" is a paradox. You can't do something which requires no action.

Let's revisit the lake analogy. Your mind is the surface of a lake and a thought is a ripple upon the lake, the unmanifest is the depth of water below the surface. Having the thought "I need to manifest the unmanifest" is like a ripple passing across the surface of the lake saying "I need to become more like a lake".

All desires, wants, needs come from a perception of lack. Experience your wholeness and fullness. Appreciate what you have. Be the lake that you already are.

The real question isn't "How do I get what I don't have." The real question is "why do I think I don't have everything I need already?"

So if you can, please answer that question. Why do you think you are lacking something and are not complete?
Old 30-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Master
The so called unmanifested is our true Being, but also our manifested self is within Being, there is no separation, it only seems that way as in the manifested mind body, and that's how it should be. But most of us have questioned this balance and are confused by it all, this is why we have made religions of all sorts, to try and make sense out of it all. There is nothing that you can do, the very one who believes he can is just your imagination, just an illusion, this is the illusion that has caused you so much misery. All you need to know is your already who you are, you can't be anything else, you are pure Source being you, you cannot be you, that is the mind body, trying to be pure Source. now with this realization, that is a realization that is total, you then can be who you are as the mind body, and really for the first time enjoy the beauty of the world that you have made. You as pure Consciousness cannot really enjoy all the creation, it needs you to do that, so don't let your SELF down.
Old 30-06-2011, 01:28 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
So if you can, please answer that question. Why do you think you are lacking something and are not complete?

I think my mind is just trying to grasp it all. I am being. Being your unmanifested self does not mean that you won't receive thoughts. I realize which thoughts are true to me of Who I Am. I realize what is not. I know that your thoughts, words, and actions create your reality. So my highest thoughts I choose to give emotion to. I realize I am not my mind. I use it as a tool to create my reality. I have unmanifested myself. I'm just confused about while Being, to choose to let the mind manifest your highest thoughts, but realizing that the mind is a tool. I choose to become my highest thoughts of truth. I think knowing who you are and who you are not, using the mind to create your reality works as well. I don't know. I just don't understand fully unmanifested self and thought manifestation. The difference. I know I feel best when I feel my highest thoughts, for they become my reality. When I am unmanifested, my thoughts are thoughts of Being. I think people don't fully understand what no-mind and Being actually is. It does not mean you won't stop thinking. I think manifesting Times of being, can bring you to your unmanifested self. Your thoughts create your reality. So why not use the mind to manifest your highest truths. I experience Being all the time. I have used thoughts to create that. I just think people don't fully understand what your unmanifested self actually is. Thoughts do occur. no-mind doesn't mean you won't think. So I choose to use my mind as a tool to create feelings of my highest self. Because when you feel you don't think as often, and when you do think the thoughts are all positive.
Old 30-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Master
hmmm We are not "a lake" so much as an ocean and oceans have deep currents, strong and unpredictable. it's not still and unmoving under there, ya know. IMO, a little self aspect is better off just surrendering and going with the flow of The Self's deeper desires, otherwise you just end up frustrating your little self fighting the currents.
Old 30-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Master
mastered living as the unmanifested............hmmm?

Topology said it best IMO, assuming there is such a thing as manifesting the unmanifest..it would require no action.
In fact one would have to conclude that you wouldn't or couldn't notice it in yourself or others or sense it or claim it.

James
Old 30-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
My friend, "manifesting the unmanifest" is a paradox. You can't do something which requires no action.

Let's revisit the lake analogy. Your mind is the surface of a lake and a thought is a ripple upon the lake, the unmanifest is the depth of water below the surface. Having the thought "I need to manifest the unmanifest" is like a ripple passing across the surface of the lake saying "I need to become more like a lake".

All desires, wants, needs come from a perception of lack. Experience your wholeness and fullness. Appreciate what you have. Be the lake that you already are.

The real question isn't "How do I get what I don't have." The real question is "why do I think I don't have everything I need already?"

I agree.......my opinion is that seeking is driven by some need within, conscious or subconscious.
The need itself is assumed to be 'spiritual' as if to say it is my purpose or I came here for this purpose or for my learning.
They are just real down to earth human needs seeking comfort in the 'spiritual' arena.

IMO of course...James
Old 30-06-2011, 02:11 PM
moke64916

All what I use thoughts for is to make sure what I think is my highest truths. If I make two steps backwards and receive negative thoughts, even given no emotion to it. I like to use positive thoughts given emotion so my thinking is positive thinking. Your thoughts, words, and actions create your reality. Unmanifesting happens in the present. Sometimes thoughts can help you stay present. Remembering who you are. When I unmanifest, thoughts of Being occur naturally. I guess it depends on where I am at. Once realized the mind is a tool and you are not your mind. It is ok to use your mind, the way it was mean't to be used. I go to my body to stop thinking. My original question still has not been answered. How does thoughts and unmanifesting coincide with eachother?
Old 30-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Master
i've never gotten a good grasp on what you mean by "unmanifesting", moke.
Old 30-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I think my mind is just trying to grasp it all.

That is the rigid/conceptual mind resisting its dissolving into the fluid of being. Relax. You don't need concepts. You will speak truth when the truth moves through you.

Quote:
I am being.

Right now you're thinking "I am being" which is itself a distraction from being.

Quote:
So my highest thoughts I choose to give emotion to. I realize I am not my mind. I use it as a tool to create my reality. I have unmanifested myself.

There is no self in the unmanifest. The self and all definitions of 'I' are within the mind. 'I' and the mind are one. When the mind dissolves into Being, so too does 'I'.

Quote:
I'm just confused

Best cure for confusion is to relax and let the waters calm so that your seeing is not distorted by the ripple of thoughts and concepts within the mind.

Quote:
I choose to become my highest thoughts of truth. I think knowing who you are and who you are not, using the mind to create your reality works as well.

It is your highest thoughts OF truth which prevent you from realizing yourself AS truth.

Quote:
I don't know. I just don't understand fully unmanifested self and thought manifestation. The difference.

The unmanifest is infinite potential. The manifest is a static particular. If you wish to embrace the infinite potential then you have to remove the manifested particulars that you have surrounded yourself with. (once you have something in particular, then your potential is being occupied. When you shed the particular then you free the energy to return to the unmanifest.)

Quote:
I think people don't fully understand what no-mind and Being actually is.

Are you one of those people? :)

Quote:
It does not mean you won't stop thinking. I think manifesting Times of being, can bring you to your unmanifested self. Your thoughts create your reality. So why not use the mind to manifest your highest truths.

once you manifest something, you're stuck with it until you dissolve the manifestation. The trouble with manifesting your current idea of what your highest truth is that tomorrow you're going to realize a new higher truth... And then you're stuck with the manifestation of something you no longer perceive as your highest truth.

Quote:
I experience Being all the time. I have used thoughts to create that.

Thoughts do not create Being, they occupy and clutter Being.

Quote:
no-mind doesn't mean you won't think.

I have no idea what experience you mean and refer to by no-mind. But I experienced an event where the mind had turned fluid, became silent, and no thoughts passed, just the wind blowing through. I couldn't help by call that no-mind. It's not that I didn't think, I couldn't think. Something was sucking thought from my mind and all that was left was the current/wind blowing through me.

It was an impermanent state. But it gave me a pure experiential reference (non-conceptual) for the meaning of no-mind.