Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Knower

Heavy hands during meditation

Hello!

When I meditated last night my hands suddenly became very heavy. The last time I experienced this unusual sensation was last year, so it doesn't occur often. What does it mean? Could it be energy visiting me or anything like this?

Thanks!
Old 17-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia D
Hello!

When I meditated last night my hands suddenly became very heavy. The last time I experienced this unusual sensation was last year, so it doesn't occur often. What does it mean? Could it be energy visiting me or anything like this?

Thanks!

If you can feel this vibration on your palms while you are meditating its a very good sign. When you finish your meditation, always rub both your hands together and place them over your closed eyes, before you open them.

Having said this, every experience in meditation is unique and special. Its best only to experience it. Not necessary to analyse it. Just be.
Old 17-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello!

Thanks!

Maybe it's where you do feel the relaxation the most and I agree with AB when he says that everybody has unique experience and no need to analyze everything. Iow, don't worry if it doesn't hurt you. You could make the focus of your future meditation on it.

Old 18-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Knower

Thank you very much for your interesting replies :)
Old 22-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Hello!

Thanks!

I often feel numbness in my hands when meditating, i usually meditate with my right hand in my left and i often analyse them to see what position it feels like they are in, and sometimes i can't even tell... They feel like they don't exist.

That along with vibration in my whole body, but this only usually happens when i have returned from a deep meditation and i have become aware of my physical body and environment once again.

The hands seem to be a common part of the body to experience sensations during meditation. I wouldn't say it's anything visiting you, but what do i know? haha. I don't really believe in ghosts/spirits ect.. all i believe is that everything that exists is self created. But when you separate yourself from an experience of something you create something that appears to yourself as a seperate being or phenomena. Basically, you experience what you create regardless of wherever or not you are aware of how it works.
Old 24-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanb
I often feel numbness in my hands when meditating, i usually meditate with my right hand in my left and i often analyse them to see what position it feels like they are in, and sometimes i can't even tell... They feel like they don't exist. I felt the same

That along with vibration in my whole body, but this only usually happens when i have returned from a deep meditation and i have become aware of my physical body and environment once again.

The hands seem to be a common part of the body to experience sensations during meditation. I wouldn't say it's anything visiting you, but what do i know? haha. I don't really believe in ghosts/spirits ect.. all i believe is that everything that exists is self created. But when you separate yourself from an experience of something you create something that appears to yourself as a seperate being or phenomena. Basically, you experience what you create regardless of wherever or not you are aware of how it works.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 24-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Experiencer

This may be what they call healing hands. When energy runs through you - or perhaps better said, when your vibration level is increased - it can result in the chakras in your palms activating.

Everyone can heal others with their hands. It used to be an uncommon thing to find info on but anymore it's just a google search away. You should look it up and see what people are saying about it and how you can develop it further.

That's what I did when I started feeling my hands were acting strange in the context of meditation. It helps you understand how energy/chi works in general. Plus you can heal yourself and others. Not too shabby.
Old 21-02-2016, 06:03 AM
Pathfinder
Were you meditating for a long time? or using rapid or repetitious breath patterns? this can often invoke energy / chi to move and be felt in places where it doesn't flow so easily
Old 21-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Knower

I am so sorry for my late reply. No, I wasn't meditating for a long time. For about 10-15 minutes. Thank you all for your answers. I will google it.
Old 22-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Pathfinder
Ah ok - thats not long at all.

In vipassana or buddhist meditation they would say "simply witness the sensation and allow it to pass"

I wouldn't necessarily look for a reason or definition of it. Only if it occurs regularly and causes a disturbance.

Any reason that it has will be personal and specific - most likely not discoverable via google.

You can learn to be aware of your inner world and how you felt throughout the day and catch if it has to do with stress or emotion. Catching and becoming aware like that in meditation is what it is all about. Googling can be misleading when looking for answers about your personal journey