Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 22-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Prachi20

Unhappy Why am I not having any spiritual experiences despite chanting?

I'm a Hindu female by birth.

For several months I have been chanting various mantras like Om Namah Shivay,Hare Ram Hare Krishna(Mahamantra),Gayatri Mantra,etc.

I also focus on my 3rd eye while chanting.Though I get little bit vibrations when I focus,it has never been activated till now.

I have also been chanting a buddhist mantra since 2006,which is Namyo Ho Renge Kyo.

Though I get small material benefits,I am not at all having any spiritual experiences like OBEs,third eye activation,visions of other realms,etc.

I'm otherwise of clean character.I never have any bad habits like drinking,smoking,never had sex with anyone all my life,etc.I'm a celibate.

Please guide me why I'm not having any such experiences.I am fed up of trying..
Old 22-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Master
Have you ever thought that you might be completely wrong about this? perhaps you ARE having spiritual experiences, but are NOT recognizing them as such....some DO have experiences of much seeming magnificence, however, the reality is that these are experiences of the psychic planes, and while they arent useless, neither are they of the highest order....spiritual experiences tend to often be from the viewpoint of the lowly worm as opposed to that of the eagle...let them be what they are, do not be overly attached to having the experiences that some on the net CLAIM they have regularly, many are making false claims trying to impress others, and yes, some actually do have them, and that IS fine, but why tie yourself and your perceptions down with such expectations? perhaps try letting that go and being more detached instead, it could be that the very attachment to having a certain type of experience is what holds you back from having them, a way of telling Brahma that you wont accept the experiences He sees fit for your spiritual development because they do not fit your current expectation of what a spiritual experience is, and that is literally narrowing your viewpoint...try expanding your view as well as your acceptance, and you might begin seeing that EVERY experience, regardless of how mundane it APPEARS to be, is in reality, a spiritual experience giving you a lesson in wisdom....
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 22-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Badger1777

Are you believing it? Or are you just going through the motions? Sometimes during meditations I find my mind going in a direction I don't want it to. If I steer it gently, its ok, but if I force my mind to go a particular way, often that's like the kill switch for the whole experience. Its like the old saying, sometimes you have to go with the flow.
Old 22-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Chirpyrosa

I think you will like doreen virtue's book 'chakra healing' available online for 125 INR or cheaper.

They have some nice prayers which can be said. If you are the restless type and find sitting onto a mantra not so fruitful, you need a variety in your spiritual program.

She has a fresh, holistic approach. Sometimes we need to heal ourselves to open up to spiritual joys!

~healing
Old 22-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Master
try downloading a picture of `mother meera` from the internet and do an open eyed meditation, focused on her eyes, at the same time say her name in your mind
Old 22-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Guide

Prachi, there is no hurry. Since we Hindus have reincarnation, we're also patient. These kinds of things come when you're actually ready, and going looking for them won't help. In the meantime, let Ganesha be the guide. Getting frustrated at the thoughts of 'no progress' is just normal. A natural progress is practically imperceptible, as the growth of a child is to it's parents. It does sound like you're practicing the prerequisite of dharmic living. That in itself, these days is amazing!
Old 23-06-2014, 01:09 AM
kumarjitghoshal

Ah! yes prachi .. i remembered a story ... a childhood story , hard to remember properly but i am trying ....

Bhakta Dhruva once asked Shri Hari , O Bhagban , i am so little a child and you still blessed me with your presence all the time , but i wonder when i see so many old sages are worshiping you for so long time but you still hiding from them! what might be the reason behind this!

Shri Hari said ... "My dear boy , close your eyes and come with me"

Shri Hari took Bhakta Dhruva to a place where he told Dhruva to open his eyes .... Dhruva saw mountain of bones .... he got scared and asked Shri Hari .... O Lord what is this !
Shri Hari said " this is all your bones Dhruva , these are from your past lives ... :) you got me in this one , at this little age do not mean you had an easy journey."

You know prachi .... people are always "trying to be happy" , but they can "be happy " if they stop "trying" ...... lol ...... i mean ..... one can get moksha when one have no desire for it.... i hope you got it :)

Jai Shri Hari

Old 13-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prachi20

For several months I have been chanting various mantras like Om Namah Shivay,Hare Ram Hare Krishna(Mahamantra),Gayatri Mantra,etc.

I also focus on my 3rd eye while chanting.Though I get little bit vibrations when I focus,it has never been activated till now.

I have also been chanting a buddhist mantra since 2006,which is Namyo Ho Renge Kyo.

Though I get small material benefits,I am not at all having any spiritual experiences like OBEs,third eye activation,visions of other realms,etc.

I'm otherwise of clean character.I never have any bad habits like drinking,smoking,never had sex with anyone all my life,etc.I'm a celibate.

First of all, I would suggest you to get your mantra from a Guru. This would greatly increase its effectiveness. Mantras you pick from some book, will not be that effective. (though it too has its effectiveness if chanted with precision).

Secondly, intensity and regularity in mantra chanting is important. You have to get up at Brahma-muhurtha ( 3:00 to 6:00 a.m ) . Nature and the world is very sattvic at this point of time, and this greatly increases the effectiveness of any mantra or meditation you do.

And only through regularity, and gradual progression,will you be attain results in mantra chanting.

Thirdly, you must see that the pronounciation of the mantra is precise. Any error in pronounciation, and you can get negative results.

Patience is also important.

An aspirant asked Ramana Maharshi, that he had been chanting for some years and had not attained any result. Ramana answered that it was because of his chanting that he got one-pointedness of mind, and hence was karmically drawn to and able to enjoy Ramana's Satsang or holy company and benefit from it.

So patience is also important. Every cause has an effect, and if the causes are precise, then the effects will also be precise.

Have faith in the law of karma.
Old 13-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Master

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=71509
Old 18-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prachi20

I also focus on my 3rd eye while chanting.Though I get little bit vibrations
when I focus,it has never been activated till now.

Hi Prachi20,

I am not an expert in astral projection, but my advice is this:

1) Either stop or greatly reduce the time that you spend chanting.
2) Realize or accept that being in the physical body is a spiritual experience or has a spiritual purpose.
3) Realize that the force of God is within you and empowers you even as you are in the physical dimension.

Maybe God or the Force of the Universe is preventing you from having a spiritual experience due to some specific reason? Maybe when you give up trying to have an OBE you may actually succeed due to the law of "Reversed Effort"? (Just a few ideas from me which may or may not be applicable.)

The best reason I can come up with to explain why some one (including myself) has trouble having an OBE is due to roadblocks set up by one's own mind.