Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-07-2016, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Well no. You posted that "I only listen to myself" then you posted a lot of opinions and thoughts and beliefs. So that is what you are listening to. That must be what you believe yourself to be, your thoughts. opinions, judgement, beliefs.

For someone who claims to only be listening to yourself, you are very "other person" focused. You were focused on and judging Serrao and now you are focused on me. You are very involved in the "story of others." Since you claim to only listen to yourself, are you talking to yourself now?

You can also make your post whatever you like. You can focus on what Serrao and me posted (the story of others) or you can choose to focus "on yourself" instead. I observed you posting that you only focus on yourself while you were focusing on the posts of others, judging them, forming opinions of them, so I merely asked you, what is this "myself" you are only focusing on? Because clearly, you are focusing on your thoughts. Seems to be you believe your thoughts are you.

Can you actually focus on yourself and observe you are focused on your thoughts? Or do you believe "you" and your thoughts are the same thing?

I don't have anything to contribute to what your wanting to make known for yourself.

So continue if you want, it is up to you the one seeing all this if it helps you to speak all this out to build the picture you are seeking for you.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
At the stage of calmness/emptiness to see/to feel the dharma field. What's the dharma field? It's inside your mind whatever you want to do just do it, that's dharma. The outcome can be low or very advanced/complex pieces of dharma.

I was reflecting through this some more, so thankyou.

I was using the state of emptiness/calmness in my mind reading Ryan's post to practice this and I suddenly felt the dharma field expand in me to the point of peace and no need or desire to have to say anything more than what I did. Meaning there was a clear knowing it was not about me at all to answer, that it was important to express that in my truth. It felt like, I was aware of myself clear enough to know that the other perhaps might need to seek out their own clarity through self reflection. Is that low or very advanced/complex dharma?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-07-2016, 03:41 AM
Suspended
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I was reflecting through this some more, so thankyou.

I was using the state of emptiness/calmness in my mind reading Ryan's post to practice this and I suddenly felt the dharma field expand in me to the point of peace and no need or desire to have to say anything more than what I did. Meaning there was a clear knowing it was not about me at all to answer, that it was important to express that in my honesty and truth. It felt like, I was aware of myself being myself and the other being as they needed to be and I had no need to make it be any other way. Is that low or very advanced/complex dharma?

Buddhism teaching of emptiness, then if even you yourself is no more in you (your awareness consciousness), who to perform the dharma? So emptiness is not empty but may be using your fullness/oneness to practice your higher dharma. May be that's the right way to practice it.

But telling frankly I never practice any dharma ,they are self arising/self understanding. Whatever I wanted to do I can do it including creating in the spiritual realm. That's not void otherwise I have long time became a member of the heaven. But I still alive as a human.
Old 30-07-2016, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Buddhism teaching of emptiness, then if even you yourself is no more in you (your awareness consciousness), who to perform the dharma? So emptiness is not empty but may be using your fullness/oneness to practice your higher dharma. May be that's the right way to practice it.

But telling frankly I never practice any dharma ,they are self arising/self understanding. Whatever I wanted to do I can do it including creating in the spiritual realm. That's not void otherwise I have long time became a member of the heaven. But I still alive as a human.

Yes I relate to emptiness in this way too.

Its the point in me that recognises completeness even as I am aware of my own emptiness and so naturally I move more in that way aware of myself and the other where they reside as they are.
Ok in reading your response it feels right to me that I did take this route of response.

You have opened me to recognise the other aspect in this. When one understands themselves and the other is trying to navigate the sharing into a place that brings you into their view of things that you know is not your view, it is best to allow them space to reflect and simply model how you wish to be in peace of being you.

Your mode of being reminds me of Theta healing where you work direct with the creator/creation, this seems to over ride a great deal of the earthly focus many humans have to engage in to find their way home back to heaven or source whatever one likes to call heaven.

Old 30-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Is this about peace or balance in this seeing?

For me balance has taught me that any disturbance that imbalances my state of balance (which is my deeper grounded state of peace to move more freely and one that only I know and require for myself) requires my attention to bring back balance.

So I just listen to myself

What about you?

I rarely notice you speaking from personal experiences? So is this your view or another's view?
In my experience, distress and happiness are both inner-peace-distracting emotions.
Inner peace contains more stability and balance of inner energy than the emotions mentioned above.

Emotions point that there is presence of some sort of attachment.
Old 30-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
From a certain perspective, one could see happiness as 'disturbance of inner peace' too.

I find that the real source of happiness is inner peace, if the mind is peaceful you can be happy, regardless of external conditions.

Staying in this place permanently is the hard part
Old 30-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
In my experience, distress and happiness are both inner-peace-distracting emotions.
Inner peace contains more stability and balance of inner energy than the emotions mentioned above.

Emotions point that there is presence of some sort of attachment.

I would agree with you. I feel the same way.

Old 30-07-2016, 06:49 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
I was using the state of emptiness/calmness in my mind reading Ryan's post to practice this and I suddenly felt the dharma field expand in me to the point of peace...

lol... and then you typed out a bunch of thinly veiled insults directed at me.

Which is fine, it's what you do. It's really not a personal thing. It's just a defense of your belief system by your thoughts.

Quote:
So I just listen to myself...

Listening to your ego will always create conflict. I would say to stop listening to yourself, and observe yourself. Stop identifying with thoughts as "you." Reality does not have to be what you think.
Old 30-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I find that the real source of happiness is inner peace, if the mind is peaceful you can be happy, regardless of external conditions.

Staying in this place permanently is the hard part

I understand what your saying. For me its like a solid foundation that doesn't shift as the surface process moves you through. Once upon a time though for me, I didn't have that foundation of peace moving through my foundation, it was only a fear base to fall back into. So the surface stuff often took over and I had no foundation to lean on in myself other than fear itself. You can imagine that kind of bind and being stuck in process more often than out of it, because often there was on point of ending, just constant processing.

Now of course that balance and grounding allows me to be centred, to know I have a point in myself, to know things end with a foundation laid to move into faster. I am mindful I don't try to avoid things in process even so. If I feel and need to process I do, but its less now days, more evenly balanced.

Peace kind of takes over. Which is good and of course it is only what I am dealing with in my world. Immersed in something a little challenging might challenge me but with awareness of course.

Old 30-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
lol... and then you typed out a bunch of thinly veiled insults directed at me.

Which is fine, it's what you do. It's really not a personal thing. It's just a defense of your belief system by your thoughts.

Listening to your ego will always create conflict. I would say to stop listening to yourself, and observe yourself. Stop identifying with thoughts as "you." Reality does not have to be what you think.

Ryan I am aware now why another member here was calling your behaviour.

I don't do that though, I just observe and listen, aware of you and what your doing and need to be sharing.

I am letting you know I wont be responding to your posts from here on in it isn't personal, just more a boundary issue I am now seeing needed.