Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What is at the bottom of it? Isn't it that curiosity which makes all this spiritual? Some will have an answer like God or Love but then what's all this curiosity about if indeed such surety is real?

There are two distinct ways... toward God and toward inner self... and yes I also heard 'I am God' but this curiosity is peering into the dark unknown and only presenting a belief.

Why is a belief validated as 'personal truth'? I think we seek comfort in such things when actually it's a ruse, a 'personal lie'.

What really drives all us waskewy widdew wabbits to burrow is the sense of truth itself, so what value is there to the beliefs? They serve only to coddle and comfort, tempt and distract.

Now it becomes apparent nothing comforting in this thread, but if you want to tear things down, have the safety net pulled out from under you, be pushed to the boundry, teeter precariously, be pulled like gravity, feel your grip slipping, let go and fall or hold on for dear life... ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ORlQfHWrQ

I wonder if it's instinctual, that we seek because that's what we are pre programmed to do as the eyes through which Creation see's etc...As I have often remarked, perhaps the importance lies in the journey and not the destination.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:56 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I wonder if it's instinctual, that we seek because that's what we are pre programmed to do as the eyes through which Creation see's etc...As I have often remarked, perhaps the importance lies in the journey and not the destination.
Exactly. The Now.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:

Maybe. There's always a new horizon.

All I'm saying is... this is about taking a belief and examining it, and finding it to be untrue.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Maybe. There's always a new horizon.

All I'm saying is... this is about taking a belief and examining it, and finding it to be untrue.

hmmm i've had my share of delusions but i haven't yet discounted some theories the delusions were based on. i mean, just because i haven't gotten the psy "chemical" elements measured and mixed right yet doesn't mean the theory isn't workable. some tweaking for accuracy might focus the perception. the concept might then be viewed true.

in any case, even when i discard certain theories they reform in a different configuration and come back at me again for examination. like something is saying "real enough yet?".
Old 05-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
hmmm i've had my share of delusions but i haven't yet discounted some theories the delusions were based on. i mean, just because i haven't gotten the psy "chemical" elements measured and mixed right yet doesn't mean the theory isn't workable. some tweaking for accuracy might focus the perception. the concept might then be viewed true.

in any case, even when i discard certain theories they reform in a different configuration and come back at me again for examination. like something is saying "real enough yet?".

Sure... if it works it's 'true enough'... but we don't really care. It doesn't effect anything personally... so it's more the 'personal truth' (which is actually an assumption).

Today I walked through the wooda then bought a few books at a nearby suburb... that's something I know, the retrospective experience, but that doesn't imply anything, so there nothing to assume.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 AM
mattie

Personal Beliefs Don't Apply To Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I know many cling to beliefs, but if people look into their past they will see their belief has changed with time and that only demonstrates how this belief that is held now will be forgone.
If the belief is opening and changing then it will be very different in time, so this belief held now isn't 'truth' personal or otherwize, and it is factually inevitable that the belief will change... everything changes...

That some have strong beliefs doesn't mean that they do because they 'cling' to them in a persistent or needy manner. This presumes why others have beliefs & this would take a considerable degree of omniscience. Many have beliefs because this is simply how they see things organized.

That one has the flexibility to allow that their beliefs will naturally change as they expand their awareness does not mean that their current belief is invalid as it is subject to change or not the truth for them at that point in time.

One can have this view about how they process information personally, that their belief is never really real as it can't really be proven or it might change, but they can't insist that this is how others process information. This might apply to some, but just as easily WILL NOT apply to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Others say we are perfect, ideal spiritualists mainly, so we can be inherantly flawed or perfect, doesn't matter, we are 'this way' not some other way.

That we aren’t inherently flawed sinners is considerably different than saying we are perfect. Being inherently flawed or perfect are 2 quite polarized extremes.

It actually does matter quite a bit if we consider self to be inherently flawed as this is the cornerstone for a mindset of disrespect for self.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
That some have strong beliefs doesn't mean that they do because they 'cling' to them in a persistent or needy manner. This presumes why others have beliefs & this would take a considerable degree of omniscience. Many have beliefs because this is simply how they see things organized.

If it can be seen that a belief is actually not true, what purpose is actually served by that belief?

Quote:
That one has the flexibility to allow that their beliefs will naturally change as they expand their awareness does not mean that their current belief is invalid as it is subject to change or not the truth for them at that point in time.

I just indicated that what was believed in the past has been changed to this belief now and this belief now will also go... so why not just leave it behind a instead of replacing it with something else which will also be replaced...

Quote:
One can have this view about how they process information personally, that their belief is never really real as it can't really be proven or it might change, but they can't insist that this is how others process information. This might apply to some, but just as easily WILL NOT apply to others.

Some things are universally applicable, and everything changes.

Quote:
That we aren’t inherently flawed sinners is considerably different than saying we are perfect. Being inherently flawed or perfect are 2 quite polarized extremes.

It actually does matter quite a bit if we consider self to be inherently flawed as this is the cornerstone for a mindset of disrespect for self.

So it's an idiotic belief to say we are inherantly flawed, and it's just as silly to say we are perfect... these are secondary assumptions... actually we are just like this and that's it.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Master
I't psycoslice's fault. I read his 'your space' and that absolutely compelled me to revive this thread, which serves one basic purpose, the examination of belief, the revelation that what is called 'personal truth' is a vain attempt to validate beliefs.

Beliefs can just disappear and everything will just be same. Ants will still eat crumbs, birds will still fly, flowers will still bloom in spring, stars will shine... so there is no problem with abandoning a belief, and really to be most honest with inquiry:

'What is the real purpose this belief serves?'
Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Neville

I confuse easy

Quote:
the revelation that what is called 'personal truth' is a vain attempt to validate beliefs.

Quote:
there is no problem with abandoning a belief, and really to be most honest with inquiry:

'What is the real purpose this belief serves?

Hello Gem,

yes and yes to both however to me a belief is merely a marker on the journey a sign post. It let's you know where you are and often where you have been in order to get to here .

The journey is the thing(as I tried to imply in my last post ).And the desire to discover is the instinct. It should be that your personal truth is arrived at as a result of what you believe and not as you have said in the first quote above.

Can you believe in nothing ? because if not , you must surely believe in something And what you believe in defines you in so very many ways at that particular point that the belief is in effect , I believe that your beliefs are essential,

Oh and just to be in keeping with my uber obvious manner;

If a person were to believe that belief's lacked in some way credence or necessity surely they would have no room to talk because they would be espousing one of their beliefs in expressing such a thing.

Your beliefs are formed by your experience and discernment which are essential in both your development and preservation.

At least that's what I believe anyway
Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
I confuse easy

Hello Gem,

yes and yes to both however to me a belief is merely a marker on the journey a sign post. It let's you know where you are and often where you have been in order to get to here .

The journey is the thing(as I tried to imply in my last post ).And the desire to discover is the instinct. It should be that your personal truth is arrived at as a result of what you believe and not as you have said in the first quote above.

The journey is the experience where seeing is believing, but then there is the conditioning, the assumptions, the religions, nationalizm, sense of worth, judgements... and other outright **.

Quote:
Can you believe in nothing ? because if not , you must surely believe in something And what you believe in defines you in so very many ways at that particular point that the belief is in effect , I believe that your beliefs are essential,

Oh and just to be in keeping with my uber obvious manner;

If a person were to believe that belief's lacked in some way credence or necessity surely they would have no room to talk because they would be espousing one of their beliefs in expressing such a thing.

Your beliefs are formed by your experience and discernment which are essential in both your development and preservation.

At least that's what I believe anyway

Not essential, but one can't help believing what he does, especially where hell is the consequence of abandoning them, but in truth these are all stories, stories about myself, stories about Jesus, stories about hell, about the enemy, about my worth.

People are on a journey and will believe as thay do, and that journey leads them here to read this, so I am compelled to ask. Is the story true?