Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Dreamer444

I feel my angels arround me too, its a great feeling a real heat inside, great comfort a feeling of happiness and energy all around my body that it tingles.
I love knowing there around me it really is a great comfort to feel so safe
Old 29-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Mothwing

Wow, it's great to see that we all feel mostly the same sensations or emotions. Great validation. I have to agree, when I think of my guides I get this warm fuzzy feeling, definitely love. I liked the way Elfay put it, like a hug. I also have one guide who is a bit more somber, but it's kind of like the difference between the love you feel for a best friend and the love you feel for a father-figure. Same warm fuzzies, but different.

I have to say, communication for me is also mostly through feeling. I don't hear them exactly, but it's more of a sense I get. Like when you are with someone and you are reading their body language. They don't have to say anything but you know. When you stop and think about it, it's a very strange way of communicating, but if it works, I don't see a need to fix it!
Old 29-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothwing
Wow, it's great to see that we all feel mostly the same sensations or emotions. Great validation. I have to agree, when I think of my guides I get this warm fuzzy feeling, definitely love. I liked the way Elfay put it, like a hug. I also have one guide who is a bit more somber, but it's kind of like the difference between the love you feel for a best friend and the love you feel for a father-figure. Same warm fuzzies, but different.

I have to say, communication for me is also mostly through feeling. I don't hear them exactly, but it's more of a sense I get. Like when you are with someone and you are reading their body language. They don't have to say anything but you know. When you stop and think about it, it's a very strange way of communicating, but if it works, I don't see a need to fix it!

Isn't it? I have yet to feel the loving, "fuzzy" feelings. Probably because I'm better suited to receive thoughts and images... But then again - when you mention the whole "knowing" of their "body language" - I would think that's the key essence of being what we are. So in my opinion, it's better to communicate with your Guides/angels in this way. Through emotion/love. If that makes sense.

Old 29-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Experiencer
The first time I ever felt one of my guides, it was like a hot, tingly sensation down the left side of my body. The energy of different guides/spirit people feels different - some warm, some cold, some tingly, some soft and fuzzy, some "sharp" and "clear". It is often accompanied by an emotion of some sort, like a sense of love.

Angels feel a bit different to guides. I am a little in awe of them and tend to have more of a relationship with my guides because I feel they are a bit more on my level, so to speak! They have a very powerful healing, loving energy, and it seems to be something that fills my body rather than being localised to one place (by which I mean that if I concentrate I can work out where my guide is located in relation to me - left, right, up, down - which I can't usually do with angels, almost as if they are everywhere at once). Their very presence is healing - I've done a lot of energy work on myself so I know how it feels when there is inner healing going on, and close angelic presence has the same effect.

It does sound like you've had some success feeling their presence with you already, so you're doing the right things. If you'd like to be able to better feel their presence and touch, try some exercises to help you practice feeling energy (like these http://ezinearticles.com/?Seeing-and-Feeling-Energy&id=383354 for example). Once you understand how your own energy feels and moves it becomes much easier to distinguish it from somebody else's. Other than that, just keep practicing - ask your guides to touch you in different places (such as your arm, or your shoulder, or the top of your head) and see how well you feel it.

It made me smile that you have felt them stroking your hair. I have felt my forehead being stroked lovingly when I was falling asleep too.
Old 29-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
The first time I ever felt one of my guides, it was like a hot, tingly sensation down the left side of my body. The energy of different guides/spirit people feels different - some warm, some cold, some tingly, some soft and fuzzy, some "sharp" and "clear". It is often accompanied by an emotion of some sort, like a sense of love.

Angels feel a bit different to guides. I am a little in awe of them and tend to have more of a relationship with my guides because I feel they are a bit more on my level, so to speak! They have a very powerful healing, loving energy, and it seems to be something that fills my body rather than being localised to one place (by which I mean that if I concentrate I can work out where my guide is located in relation to me - left, right, up, down - which I can't usually do with angels, almost as if they are everywhere at once). Their very presence is healing - I've done a lot of energy work on myself so I know how it feels when there is inner healing going on, and close angelic presence has the same effect.

It does sound like you've had some success feeling their presence with you already, so you're doing the right things. If you'd like to be able to better feel their presence and touch, try some exercises to help you practice feeling energy (like these http://ezinearticles.com/?Seeing-and-Feeling-Energy&id=383354 for example). Once you understand how your own energy feels and moves it becomes much easier to distinguish it from somebody else's. Other than that, just keep practicing - ask your guides to touch you in different places (such as your arm, or your shoulder, or the top of your head) and see how well you feel it.

It made me smile that you have felt them stroking your hair. I have felt my forehead being stroked lovingly when I was falling asleep too.

Aha! I was awaiting your answer.
I'm curious.. would you say that (in reference to your feeling your Guides' location around you) that their presence sort of feels like sensing someone in the same room with you? Meaning it's more than just goosebumps, prickles, and tingles?

Thanks for the link! I've been playing with energy between my palms sometimes during my meditation sessions. I can feel the resistance. It's pretty neat.

(Aww, you too? That's so sweet of them. )

Old 29-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Experiencer
It is! I once asked what guides do while we're asleep. They said they watch over us while we're sleeping, and I know this to be true because I've woken to feel my guides' attention on me before, but I wonder exactly how much guiding there is to be done while we're asleep. They seemed to be very amused when I asked if it wasn't rather dull watching a sleeping person all night.

I'm not sure I would say it is the same as feeling another person in the room with me. A spirit presence is somewhat different to a physical presence, perhaps because it is not with our physical senses that we perceive it. But people differ in how they experience spirit phenomena and I wouldn't be surprised if some people feel it that way. I do remember once waking in the middle of the night with the conviction that someone was standing by my bed and that was very much like having a physical person in the room with me, and a little disconcerting (it was only a guide I hadn't met before). But it doesn't usually feel that way to me.
Old 30-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
It is! I once asked what guides do while we're asleep. They said they watch over us while we're sleeping, and I know this to be true because I've woken to feel my guides' attention on me before, but I wonder exactly how much guiding there is to be done while we're asleep. They seemed to be very amused when I asked if it wasn't rather dull watching a sleeping person all night.

Oh, my.
I would think the same! Surely not all of your guides watch over you? I can only imagine what they're saying and doing while we're off in our dream worlds, lol. ("Oh, God. He's drooling again...")
I did read, though, that guides aren't with us 100% of the time because they still have things to do in the spirit world. I would think this would apply especially to our sleeping times...

Old 30-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Mothwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
Oh, my.
I would think the same! Surely not all of your guides watch over you? I can only imagine what they're saying and doing while we're off in our dream worlds, lol. ("Oh, God. He's drooling again...")
I did read, though, that guides aren't with us 100% of the time because they still have things to do in the spirit world. I would think this would apply especially to our sleeping times...

"Oh, God. He's drooling again..." HA!!!!!

I don't feel that my guides are with me 100% of the time, or rather, they're not paying direct attention to me specifically all the time. I typically feel them "drop" down to my level when it's time for a chat, or when they just want to make their presence known. Then when I get back to my regular day they kind of "float" away to a higher vibration. They may still be working for us in that state, arranging events or something perhaps, or maybe they're in a council of sorts with other guides to discuss our progress. Or who knows? Maybe sometimes they need a break from us! LOL!

But it's a curious subject. I wonder if there's a lesson they're supposed to learn in being a person's guide? It's quite a commitment.
Old 30-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothwing
"Oh, God. He's drooling again..." HA!!!!!

I don't feel that my guides are with me 100% of the time, or rather, they're not paying direct attention to me specifically all the time. I typically feel them "drop" down to my level when it's time for a chat, or when they just want to make their presence known. Then when I get back to my regular day they kind of "float" away to a higher vibration. They may still be working for us in that state, arranging events or something perhaps, or maybe they're in a council of sorts with other guides to discuss our progress. Or who knows? Maybe sometimes they need a break from us! LOL!

But it's a curious subject. I wonder if there's a lesson they're supposed to learn in being a person's guide? It's quite a commitment.

Ah, that makes sense! The whole "dropping down" thing.
But you would think there's a lesson (or more) in being someone's guide. After all, as you said, it is a commitment. The majority of guides aren't even acknowledged, and their work goes unnoticed! I mean, I did read that guides evolve by helping us. Perhaps through our development, they become developed, as well. Somehow. Lol.

Old 30-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Experiencer
Oh dear, what a thought. I think the amount of attention they have on us must vary with the guide and the needs of their person, but they certainly do other things at the same time (more experienced spirits seem to have an extraordinary ability to multitask - I know they can hold several different conversations at once, for example).

So far as I understand it, acting as a guide is usually the next logical step in our soul progression - because we move from ego-space to a space of love, we have a great desire to help others, so the role is fulfilling. If you imagine our soul journey as being parallel to a human lifetime (you might imagine our time on Earth being like the period of time we spend in education, for example) then becoming a guide is a little like a human taking the step to becoming a parent. It represents a big step forward in responsibility and growth and it is a new phase of life with different things to learn.

They don't seem to mind if their efforts are acknowledged while they are helping us or not, though I hope many people do the acknowledging afterwards.