Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Ruby13

Anxiety and panic attacks.

I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety attacks and find it hard to cope. Any suggestions would be most welcome, as I have had enough now.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Suspended
Seen a conventional Therapist?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Master

Put a rose quartz crystal in your pocket, and hold it in your right hand - your giving hand - when you feel the attack come. You might be surprised at the effect.

No guide signals its presence with anxiety or panic.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Master
Anxiety is the result of something, causing you to remember it all the time. Forcing you to live in a tainted present on what you think the future will be, based on what happened in the past... It's a deadly cycle that is fed by our thoughts and feelings.... But it can be healed, and we can step off the train that keeps going in circles.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Pathfinder
I've suffered from moderate to severe anxiety since my pregnancy. A change in hormones was probably the most significant reason.

I see a spiritual therapist, and we've slowly, over years, re-trained my brain to think more positively, use encouraging self-talk, and monitor my anxiety.

All that said... I have found that spiritual interaction causes my anxiety to increase too. When I raise my vibration, I often experience physical effects (like ringing in my ears and light headedness) that sometimes triggers my anxiety.

Also, I've found that if spirit is trying to communicate with me, they'll trigger my anxiety first before I get a message. I think this is because it's the easiest way to get a reaction out of me.

In those moments, all I have to say is, "I acknowledge your presence," and the anxiety will immediately subside. Maybe it's all in my head, but it works for me! Then I usually relax, and messages come through, and the anxiety stops.

Other times I easily know it's all anxiety from things happening physically around me -- work stress, negative self-talk, etc.

It's been a long journey for me! Feel free to ask me any questions about it!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Ruby13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Seen a conventional Therapist?
Thank you for your response, I see the doctor and have been to a self help group thT explains anxiety no panic and the effect it has on the body, other than that, no further therapist.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Ruby13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Put a rose quartz crystal in your pocket, and hold it in your right hand - your giving hand - when you feel the attack come. You might be surprised at the effect.

No guide signals its presence with anxiety or panic.
Thank you White Warrior, will use my rose quartz crystal.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Ruby13

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Anxiety is the result of something, causing you to remember it all the time. Forcing you to live in a tainted present on what you think the future will be, based on what happened in the past... It's a deadly cycle that is fed by our thoughts and feelings.... But it can be healed, and we can step off the train that keeps going in circles.
Thank you, I need to jump of the train x
Old 10-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Ruby13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aralyn1983
I've suffered from moderate to severe anxiety since my pregnancy. A change in hormones was probably the most significant reason.

I see a spiritual therapist, and we've slowly, over years, re-trained my brain to think more positively, use encouraging self-talk, and monitor my anxiety.

All that said... I have found that spiritual interaction causes my anxiety to increase too. When I raise my vibration, I often experience physical effects (like ringing in my ears and light headedness) that sometimes triggers my anxiety.

Also, I've found that if spirit is trying to communicate with me, they'll trigger my anxiety first before I get a message. I think this is because it's the easiest way to get a reaction out of me.

In those moments, all I have to say is, "I acknowledge your presence," and the anxiety will immediately subside. Maybe it's all in my head, but it works for me! Then I usually relax, and messages come through, and the anxiety stops.

Other times I easily know it's all anxiety from things happening physically around me -- work stress, negative self-talk, etc.

It's been a long journey for me! Feel free to ask me any questions about it!
I am so happy that you have found your method of coping. I will try to follow your advice.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Guide
I have had anxiety (panic attacks primarily) my entire life, and OCD came later. OCD preys on my biggest insecurities and does not always allow me to "let them go". And paranoia is present as well. So I've got a good mix of fear going!

I've done a lot of things to try and circumvent and outsmart my basic habits by way of meditation, but unfortunately, that makes it much worse for some reason. I think it has to do with the fact that meditation makes it painfully obvious how on auto-pilot my mind is. Seemingly without MY input! That's frightening, to say the least.

The only thing that has ever helped me make progress is acceptance, and by acceptance, I mean accepting the racing thoughts and the fear in the moment and then moving on. It is very difficult, but for the OCD, it is the only way out. By doing this you no longer allow your conscious self to recognize the thoughts as a red flag and the automatic panic response starts to go away. In the absence of the panic, you can see things clearly and it helps to break the cycle. Since all anxiety disorders are related- I have found acceptance is the most effective way to approach things. The problem is that it gets worse before it gets better with this approach and it takes dedication to remap that neuro-circuitry.