Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-06-2017, 06:02 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You post this after Zydek posts this:

"The LOVE though, represented by Jesus whether you believe in him or not, is what this world needs."

Seems you missed his point entirely. The idea is radical: to ignore the fear and hate-rhetoric that religion and the church typically focuses on, and immerse one's self instead in the truth regarding love that Jesus spoke of. Hard to do if one has already formed a fundamentalist relationship to Christianity, unfortunately. In which case not so much radical as impossible.

No Church knows the love Jesus spoke of--they are mislead by blind guides.
Yes Zydek is correct--The world needs the spirit of Jesus living in their hearts--Few have it--the rest are being mislead by the spirit of antichrist in their hearts. 99% don't even know the difference between the 2--As long as someone lied to them and told them they were saved or born again even though it is far from reality. they don't even care.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
No Church knows the love Jesus spoke of--they are mislead by blind guides.
Yes Zydek is correct--The world needs the spirit of Jesus living in their hearts--Few have it--the rest are being mislead by the spirit of antichrist in their hearts. 99% don't even know the difference between the 2--As long as someone lied to them and told them they were saved or born again even though it is far from reality. they don't even care.

they just want to feel good, and have a pretty picture to look at. Vanity!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:07 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
they just want to feel good, and have a pretty picture to look at. Vanity!

The bible refers to it as having their ears tickled.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwaves
This is a lesson that I am currently setting myself on and learning about. Traditionally I am non-Christian however lately I have decided to follow Jesus. I am still interested in my spiritual mysticism and have some interest in Hinduism and Buddhism. To me, Jesus represents as a person the love and humility that this world needs. Difficult paths of realizing yourself are great if you ask me, however, it's not for everyone on this Earth. The love represented by Jesus though IS something I think for the whole world. The kind of love he had I feel was against all reason. Reason says, "Oh this person is not 'good' so we don't love them." This means all sorts of things!!

This is the point of my post. If you look at what we truly feel about people many, many people come up short on our judgements in general as humans. This person who hurt me, that sort of person who has a certain personality, people politically opposed to me, all sorts come up short. The love though, represented by Jesus whether you believe in him or not, is what this world needs.

Radical acceptance is the complete acceptance I feel of self and others that is required for the love that Christ had.
If you want to know yourself like Buddha suggested then wouldn't you have to have radical acceptance as well?

Jesus never taught radical acceptance.

Matthew 10:34-36New International Version (NIV)

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Luke 14:26

New International Version
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple"

1 Peter 2:8

New International Version

and, "A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message--which is also what they were destined for"

If we love not the Truth, God will allow us to be deceived...

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11King James Version (KJV)

10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"