Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Master

All of these answers, suggestions, rebuttals, advice and all the rest don't really answer my question and are also full of assumptions.

It seems that 2000 or so years ago a 'thing' we call 'god' sent his son, as his/its/her representative, to Earth to get us (starting with a handful of uneducated, illiterate and probably unwashed camel drivers, sheep farmers and fishermen) to set us on a right 'path' and to, right at the end, promise us a 'Kingdom of Heaven'. This KoH depends apparently in the end to a thing called 'rightousness' and to the following generations of these desert dwellers to have faith in something invisible, (except that of course which surrounds us, as for instance the chair upon which I am sitting) and to be morally perfect - which also gets very complicated especially if taken seriously.

So, to keep it short I'll be continuing to ask myself this question and puzzle over the thought that if 'god' had been, was, is visible, the choice I have between moral predicaments would be clear and still wouldn't prevent me being morally abominable if I so wished, seeing quite clearly (presumably) the consequences.

I'm one of these people who prefer clarity to confusion.