Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-02-2024, 03:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Invitation to discuss a quote

Hello peoples.

I love to reflect on non-duality and its implications, and thought that perhaps a well-known non-duality quote
might be a good starting point, with the aim of inviting others to share any thoughts or insights around that. So, without further ado...

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me;
my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”

— Meister Eckhart
Old 01-02-2024, 04:30 AM
Master
Welcome to SF, Thou art That. Great idea for a thread. So let’s begin!

Quote:
“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me;
my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”
— Meister Eckhart
the I as in i-dentity or ego
knows not of its non-existence
aliveness is but God’s breath flow
once ego knows this, ends resistance

that that then remains, awareness self-aware
blurs boundaries between form and void
when head and heart with love pair
eye single, delusion is destroyed
Old 01-02-2024, 03:08 PM
I'm no help at all! So sorry. I understand the quote as I do everything M.Eckhart says.
What can I say?

I mean, I experienced at 5, maybe 6 - 'something', (from a child's mind) ---that was not little 'me'... Ancient, Big,
Masculine, too- behind my eyes, looking thru my eyes...seeing everything thru my eyes.
Now - I have the clarity to say - with No judgment ---a Witness only...
the One Consciousness looking out everyone's eye's.
It is the One.
And yes, in meditation ..M.E said it well...Meher Baba and others say the same...some right on this Forum.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-02-2024, 03:30 PM
Master
Beautiful experience, Miss H!

The closest I came to was becoming the breath of God in all forms. And the entire universe being within me instead of me being positioned in the universe.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:02 PM
Molearner

In regards to the quote the intellect can understand that……but to reach that same epiphany personally the intellect cannot deliver you to that level…..that level is realized via the Spirit not the mind or intellect……IMO
Old 01-02-2024, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
.... And the entire universe being within me instead of me being positioned in the universe.
Yeah, been there, done that... Lol. All this talk does make us laugh it's so beautiful!!!!
And Joyous!!!
I'm sending you a pm instead of what I wrote here, but deleted, it was probably off topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-02-2024, 06:07 PM
Master
I personally think when M E uses the word 'Eye' (not eyes) He's referring to perceptions rather than physical eyes. Non-duality-not two.
"my eye and God's eye are one eye," etc:, when two become one.
Just my ramblings though.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
... the entire universe being within me instead of me being positioned in the universe.
That's wonderful. But I always feel I want to make a distinction between the "me" and the "I Am", so, if I change what you wrote a little — "... the entire universe being That which I Am ..." — would that be a fair rewording?

"The hard problem of consciousness" is the name some people give to the so-called problem of how consciousness arises within us. But it's never a problem if it's seen the other way — we arise within Consciousness! As you wrote above (or as I take your meaning to be), the entire universe, our bodies, the idea of the egoic me, all of that arises within Consciousness, or call it God, or Source, or the Absolute... or That which I Am.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm no help at all! So sorry. I understand the quote as I do everything M.Eckhart says.
What can I say?
That's great to hear — thanks. And it's definitely not the case that you're "no help at all". What you experienced at age 5 or 6 was wonderful. Yes, I Am witnessing "me" and everything that appears.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Beautiful experience, Miss....
... positioned in the universe.
When we have sensitive enough sensors, we can calculate the resonant frequency of an object like a thin metallic sphere, to immensely high precision. and accuracy. In its location A. On a flat surface.
Then moving the ball to location B, on a flat surface. And measure the resonant frequency of the thin metallic bal in location B. We will find that there is a locational variable in that object's resonant freauency.

Then placing it in location A and bombarding it with very high precision frequency emitters, with the frequency and locational variable of the ball in location B. The ball will start moving from location A to location B.

We can proof scientifically that location exists as a property within the object. That objects have locational variables. And when that tiny vibrational variance can move the object. We learn that yes the universe exists within each and every one of us. So teleportation becomes theoritcally possible. As we discover that location is a variable property of an object, not a variable of space.