Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Knower
Is it possible that my past life was an animal?

The topic pretty much sums it up lol but i've learnt that after death our souls get reincarnated into a new body and I was wondering, is it possible that in a past life I could of been an animal? Or is that a totally different kettle of fish... I don't know how far it goes for reincarnation, if we're always human or can be different species?

PS: Not sure if this is the right sub forum!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Quintessence

Depends on how you believe past lives work. I don't believe in past lives in the conventional sense, and in my book, not only is it possible, it is utterly impossible to avoid.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Quagmire

It sure is possible, because everything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
it is utterly impossible to avoid.

I wonder why it is impossible to avoid, because I have never been an animal and this is my last incarnation in mortal form.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
this is my last incarnation in mortal form.

How do you know that? What's going to happen to you after you die?

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Quintessence

Quote:
I wonder why it is impossible to avoid, because I have never been an animal and this is my last incarnation in mortal form.

Like I said, I don't have a conventional concept of "past lives" nor of "reincarnation." Because of how I view these processes occurring, it is literally impossible to avoid. But my worldview need not be others' worldview, nor should it be.

In brief, my views are inspired by scientific naturalism. You die, your body decays. The stuff that was "you" is recycled into the universe and gets put to use in a dizzying array of forms. Parts of me return to the great oceans or as rain. Parts of me return to the sky and air. Parts return to the soil and rocks. Parts become bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals. Only a very, very small percent of the stuff that is "me" becomes human again.

There's more to it than that, but when I get into the otherworldly aspects of what happens it becomes much harder to explain. >_<;

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
In brief, my views are inspired by scientific naturalism. You die, your body decays. The stuff that was "you" is recycled into the universe and gets put to use in a dizzying array of forms. Parts of me return to the great oceans or as rain. Parts of me return to the sky and air. Parts return to the soil and rocks. Parts become bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals. Only a very, very small percent of the stuff that is "me" becomes human again.

There's more to it than that, but when I get into the otherworldly aspects of what happens it becomes much harder to explain. >_<;

Quintessence, I have essentially the same view on reincarnation as you do. The whole universe is becoming conscious of itself through all living things over and over again forever. If I have found myself awake and conscious as a human being now, what's to say this cannot happen again? In fact after we die I would say that the only sort of experience that can happen is the same kind of experience as when we were born. Every incarnation in the universe is THIS incarnation. You are other humans, plants, and animals that exist now.

Anyway, I'd be curious to hear the "otherworldly" aspects of what happens if you're willing to discuss them, as this is an interest of mine
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM
mike bike

animal in a previous life?

Of course you were an animal in a previous life....in lots of them.

We are all on the course of something called"The Evoution of Souls"...we start our existence as the "lowest" of creatures (but NO creature is lowly in the eyes of God...all are sacred.)

We started as something that we would think very lowly,and gradually we evolve through many life forms until we reach the human state.

Domesticated animals (dogs etc) are living with us to get the final lessons at evolving into a human soul....

There is only one (I think ) higher form of life....the Dolphins !

Blessings Mike
Old 13-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Knower

i recommend "the convoluted universe" by dolores cannon...
Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Quagmire

I have awakened to my true self and with that have come the knowledge of my higher self (and it still comes because it would be overkill if it all came at once). I know that the life I had before this one was planned as my last but I was killed prematurely, so I had to take one more life. In this life I have finished what I was cheated out of not finishing in my last life. When I die I will be reborn on a higher level of existence and that way be reunited with my divine self, which I was seperated from long ago.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
I have awakened to my true self and with that have come the knowledge of my higher self (and it still comes because it would be overkill if it all came at once). I know that the life I had before this one was planned as my last but I was killed prematurely, so I had to take one more life. In this life I have finished what I was cheated out of not finishing in my last life. When I die I will be reborn on a higher level of existence and that way be reunited with my divine self, which I was seperated from long ago.
I don't know how you actualy know this and I thought when you have reached nirvana, it's pretty amazing.

Anyway, I've been to people who've given me past life readings, I can say that I could want to believe what I was told and it could make sense, but is it true? I doubt it. There's a lot of gullible and vulnerable people out there and I really don't want to be one of them. I've had past life regression done and I guess I'm too skeptical for that as well. All that said and done...I've had some amazing and unusual experiences in my life, supernatural and otherwise, but still how can I know 100 percent the accuracy of anything...I can't.

To the topic of animals...I don't know if we reincarnate from animals or rocks or whatever...but I have a cat named Gizmo, that honestly I often think that cat was a human at one time. Have no idea if that's possible, in readings I read we don't go backwards from humans to animals but perhaps animals to humans, but even writing this, it sounds far-fetched..but dang, that Gizmo... he's fascinated in all we do in the house. drying my hair. You'd think he was a hairstylist or a barber in another life because he has to watch you fuss with your hair...if we are fixing anything, he's right there observing. Anything new comes into the house, he's first to check it out, inside and out. he will bite your finger or toe for you to pet, but he tries to lift it onto him. It's weird, he's weird, but can't help but love the guy....and he snores...really, really loud. lol.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:26 AM.