Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Does eating gluten hinder me from waking up?

To cut a long story short, a while back I cut gluten out of my diet suspecting that it was messing me up in a big way. 10 months later I know for sure that everytime it gets into my system I suffer a month's worth of painful physical, mental and emotional consequences.

Basically I feel like I lose all control over my thoughts and emotions and become totally identified with them. I'm pretty sure the whole balance of my body is thrown out and it takes a long while to recover. This strongly effects my meditative ability and I no longer see much point in meditating as I can't concentrate at all. I suffer a lot more fear and anxiety, anger etc, very unskillful mind sets.

What's going on? Is this setting me back every time or does it just give me a much bigger challenge?
Old 15-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Master
I suffer a lot more fear and anxiety, anger etc, very unskillful mind sets.

What's going on? Is this setting me back every time or does it just give me a much bigger challenge?

Whatever the cause of your negative emotions - in the mind or the body or both - they are part of your challenge. It's in facing these and finding your individual solutions that is essential in the process of spiritual awakening.

Xan

Old 15-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Master
Your body and what you feed it has nothing to do with Waking up, you are beyond the body, as long as you are concerned with the body then that is where you will stay.
Old 15-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Quintessence

It sounds like you might have a medical condition. Talk to your doctor. Some people are legitimately gluten intolerant. Or it could be psychological. Regardless, talk to a doctor.
Old 15-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I suffer a lot more fear and anxiety, anger etc, very unskillful mind sets.

Whatever the cause of your negative emotions - in the mind or the body or both - they are part of your challenge. It's in facing these and finding your individual solutions that is essential in the process of spiritual awakening.

Xan

Awesome thank you Xan that is what I wanted to know.

I'm not sure what the solutions are as the negativity can be overwhelmingly strong. But I certainly get a good look at them when they come, and it feels like a powerful lesson every time, all be it a hard one.
Old 15-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Your body and what you feed it has nothing to do with Waking up, you are beyond the body, as long as you are concerned with the body then that is where you will stay.

The symptoms are so strong I haven't been able to disidentify with the body whilst i go through them, and I can't seem to meditate either. How do I see that I am beyond the body?
Old 15-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
It sounds like you might have a medical condition. Talk to your doctor. Some people are legitimately gluten intolerant. Or it could be psychological. Regardless, talk to a doctor.

yeah I'm pretty sure i have coeliacs disease, no point in seeing the doctors as I'd have to eat it for 6 weeks just to get a diagnosis for them to tell me not to eat it.
Old 15-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I'm not sure what the solutions are as the negativity can be overwhelmingly strong. But I certainly get a good look at them when they come, and it feels like a powerful lesson every time, all be it a hard one.

Charlie... Here are two self-healing methods that many people are finding effective.

MIR-Method - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29467

The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31115

Xan

Old 16-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
The symptoms are so strong I haven't been able to disidentify with the body whilst i go through them, and I can't seem to meditate either. How do I see that I am beyond the body?
All you can do is realize what the mind body is doing to you, and in a way that is what suppose to happen, the body is crying out to be helped, but still you are beyond the body, just keep remembering that.
Old 16-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Charlie... Here are two self-healing methods that many people are finding effective.

MIR-Method - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29467

The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31115

Xan

Thank you so much! I will be sure to use them both.