Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Hello

Set a limit, as like all things addiction is a serious matter. We often only think on things like gambling or shopping being addictions that can cause us a lot of financial striffe but too so can anything one purchases.

I would set an honest and real limit and only get in crystals what truly calls to ye to work with and use. One has to remember that one is bringing into one's home and life really a form of energy that should be balanced and cared for. As should one's pocket book.

I know someone with hundreds of decks of Tarot and other reading cards and I see the dust on them when I go over there. Thinking ok why ??? They are tool to be used I felt. She goes oh I thought the pictures pretty hmmmm they are not framed artworks and she often complains that the fridge be empty.

I have many crystals and the cards are mounting but I know well what I can afford to take in and nothing is taken from the living of life to the fullest.

Lynn
Old 23-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunewindchaser
What do you teach, astral?

I teach recovering addicts how to remain sober, or at least that's the hope of what I am teaching. I also teach them how to live healthy spiritually. I also oversee meditation, yoga, and acupunture. As far as my crystal addiction I don't mind splurging on them because I have been blessed with a lot of easy money over the last year. I have received around $10,000 for very little work invested, I guess some of the good karma is finally returning.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Newbie ;)

I've come to the conclusion that I may have some form of addiction regarding crystals. I've been collecting them since I was a kid. When I was little I had attraction to their exterior. It wasn't until HS that I started appreciating their other qualities. I now find myself frequenting crystal / metaphysical stores on a weekly basis. Every week I come home with no less than 3-4 pieces. I also tend to hit up online stores after depleting the inventory from my local shops.
In 10 days is the crystal, gem and fossil convention and I'm only thinking of where else to stash the new ones I find. I may need some new shelving lol.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Deactivated Account
It's quite normal. We are all here crystal-addicts, more or less. You can control your addiction if you make some rules and stick to them with no excuses.
I go to my crystal shop once a week, I take only cash with me (no credit cards) I can spend for my own pleasure. It works well.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Experiencer
You want to talk about crystal addiction eh ?

Well you're talking to the right person. I collect large raw crystal specimens between 8-30 LBS. Different coloured quartz clusters, fluorite, labradorite, and that kind of stuff. My wife collects cut and polished pieces like spheres and points, pyramids and so forth. Some of my specimens you can look at in the " latest crystal acquisitions " thread.

Some nights I spend hours looking at different crystals on ebay and I even have a regular supplier I deal with in Quodong province in China that gives me great deals.

I am renovating my kitchen ( probably this spring ) and my wife has agreed to install a fully labradorite kitchen countertop. It's gonna kick ***.

I try to get great deals on everything I buy but I must admit I love something that is rare or spectacular, and of course for my collection I have set a minimum 8 LBS for collecting specimens, which means it gets kind of expensive. Most of my specimens I purchased for around 200-700 dollars and I have them spread all throughout the house, don't want to count right now but at least 15.

My wife's collection is almost equally impressive with some very small specimens being worth just as much or more than my large clusters. I bought her two small pieces of multi colored tourmaline last Christmas, you could easily fit them in the palm of your hand and still have lots of room left over and they cost me over $ 1000 USD, although they are quite spectacular and multi colored tourmaline is quite expensive I actually got a deal.

So you see my friend, it can always be worse However lately I don't obsess over crystals as much ( don't get me wrong I have two coming in the mail as we speak ) but I have deleted most of them from my watch list on my ebay page because I have collected so much most of the ones on my bucket list are done now, and I have a new obsession for the time being.....

New Rolex. Well er, first Rolex.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Experiencer
You want to talk about crystal addiction eh ?

Well you're talking to the right person. I collect large raw crystal specimens between 8-30 LBS. Different coloured quartz clusters, fluorite, labradorite, and that kind of stuff. My wife collects cut and polished pieces like spheres and points, pyramids and so forth. Some of my specimens you can look at in the " latest crystal acquisitions " thread.

Some nights I spend hours looking at different crystals on ebay and I even have a regular supplier I deal with in Quodong province in China that gives me great deals.

I am renovating my kitchen ( probably this spring ) and my wife has agreed to install a fully labradorite kitchen countertop. It's gonna kick ***.

I try to get great deals on everything I buy but I must admit I love something that is rare or spectacular, and of course for my collection I have set a minimum 8 LBS for collecting specimens, which means it gets kind of expensive. Most of my specimens I purchased for around 200-700 dollars and I have them spread all throughout the house, don't want to count right now but at least 15.

My wife's collection is almost equally impressive with some very small specimens being worth just as much or more than my large clusters. I bought her two small pieces of multi colored tourmaline last Christmas, you could easily fit them in the palm of your hand and still have lots of room left over and they cost me over $ 1000 USD, although they are quite spectacular and multi colored tourmaline is quite expensive I actually got a deal.

So you see my friend, it can always be worse However lately I don't obsess over crystals as much ( don't get me wrong I have two coming in the mail as we speak ) but I have deleted most of them from my watch list on my ebay page because I have collected so much most of the ones on my bucket list are done now, and I have a new obsession for the time being.....

New Rolex. Well er, first Rolex.