Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Ascender

I have a fear of forests now

I used to absolutely LOVE them, I felt at ease in them, looking at pictures of them, seeing them, envisioning them in my mind, etc. My mental safe place was a clearing in the forest. I used to have an immense love for trees, just the wild in general. That is until I read the story of the Slender man. Now I am absolutely in terror when it comes to forests, they give me such unease. Why did I post this in the faery section? Well because I remember two years ago I used to enjoy coming on this section and I very much believed in faeries. I used to look at forests and just imagine that there were fae in there, welcoming and maybe even a bit mischievous. But the mischief never bothered me. This story, however, has taken root in my mind and simply refuses to let go. I used to look at forests as magical, mysterious places ever since I was a child. I yearned to even live in a forest! Now I can't. So spiritual people, tell me what you think of the Slender man? Do I have any reason to fear? Why do you think this story taken such root in my mind? It makes me close to tears that I can't find peace with forests anymore.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
The Realm of Faerie is very unlike anything human Beings have attachment to. There is a 'dark side' also to this World, and its denizens.
I don't know the legend of the Slender Man, I admit, but do know that Faerie is not all sparkles and butterflies, and the Soul of a human can sometimes find no kinship there.

But wherever you go, whether that is in a forest, or anywhere else, you also have a part to play as creator, and the energies from spirit, and from the Earth are yours as well. You can infuse the territory with a good and high vibration; with love, gratitude, and peace.

Blessings.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Niebla0007

It is good of you to share your current issue about the forest.

It is also right, that the forest isn't all about fairies/faes if somebody just takes the time to think about it.

Just take a break from the forest for a while.
And actually you will be alright once you master(remaster if you already have)
your strength and faith in yourself.
Faith in yourself can not be underestimated,
then, eventually the peace of mind.
In this state, negative spirits won't find it easy to get through to you.

And when you go and visit the forest again, (even at the astral world, too)
just take someone you trust with you - makes a big difference.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Ascender

Yes but I'm surrounded by forests and trees so it's kind of hard to avoid it. I'm not sure how to create strength and faith for myself either.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Niebla0007

The Slender Man, is only a fictional character that originated as an Internet meme created by Something Awful forums which is not really tied to any particular story,
only appears in many disparate works of fiction, composed online by Eric Knudsen/Victor Surge in 2009 only, it is not even an ancient myth.

Since this fear from him and the forest came out of reading,
then, I'd only suggest to write what it is you found fearsome about the character. In short, just write a story about this character.
And whenever you find yourself scared, tell yourself aloud that "Slenderman is only a fictional character".
The aim of the story for you to write about
is actually to turn him into somebody who is totally boring,
(Why? To simply psych yourself into not being bothered by him,
much like the story of Harry Potter's confrontation of the boggart, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hxF65X029c
ok, this example is a bit exaggerated )
or if you have the inclination, turn the Slenderman into a hero. Just don't forget to include the forest when you do - makes a good ending, too.

One more important thing to do is, think of something brief which you find good and happy, do so five times while saying "forest",
then, whenever you hear the word forest think about this happy place after that.

Now, to strength.
Some people gets a surprise where they find their strengths, but let's just keep this simple.
Presumably, you know what you love to do, & where you do relatively well.
That is the best place to start,
take that passion and draw strength from it.
I suggest a brief meditation to declutter and clear your mind,
Relax and have some peace. Let this peace envelope you. & let this peace be the ground of your strength.
If you believe in guardian Angels, you can ask yours to watch you and help you through it.

It actually is just simple to "have faith in yourself".
It is the same as knowing what your passions are, what you can do.
In the face of anything fearsome,
know and remember that your soul and life is yours, not the devil's. Remember the story of Job of the Old Testament?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Ascender

Yes but I've read online that there has been a tall, skinny creature in myths from different parts of the world. And even so if I realize it came from the Internet, I still can't shake the fear/thoughts. Isn't it possible for people to create things with their own energy? I read something on this forum along the lines of "If the Slender man wasn't real, he is real now." This is because of peoples', I guess, belief of him.

I will try to do the tips you gave me though, they seem like they might be helpful! Much more helpful than people telling me to just forget about him. I really love that video you posted! I've seen MLP:FIM and I always got inspired from Pinkie Pie because of how happy and carefree she is! I wish I could be like that.

I don't know the story of Job in the Old Testament though.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Niebla0007

Glad you like that video, I was hoping it will at least make you smile/laugh.

You are also right about the Slenderman taking place in some realities,
like the "dementor" which has mentioned in the forum before, too.

Job's story is just more for people who loves the scriptures anyway.
It's supposed to be only about the devil plaguing Job, even killed his kids.
But out of it all, Job's life is his
and he remained strong and held on to his faith.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator
Maybe this could be happening:

Have you heard of a person being told to think of a pink elephant? So they do. Then they are told NOT to think of a pink elephant....whatever they do, they must NOT think of it! And to keep remembering not to.
And what happens? Of course, the person ends up being able to think of nothing ELSE but a pink elephant!

While all the time, the only real way to get rid of that pink elephant is to start to think of something else, completely different. While focusing energy on something different, the elephant disappears!

Probably the Slender Man will too. But the more you think about him, or even try NOT to think about him -there he will be, messing up your day, and messing up a beautiful forest environment. Get rid of him.

Niebla said something really nice about being there with someone you trust/love, and that making all the difference. Of course it will. Even getting to know some of the wild creatures there might help. Or taking a happy dog for a walk there, and playing games?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Guide

Let your faith be your guide...
Old 07-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Ladybugskiss

If slender man is a real thing you can take a big sigh of relief cause supposedly he only wants to eat children. I don't know if that's true or not but I have heard this and it is a common thing to find pictures of slender man creeping in the background while children play.