Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Bob23

Of similar interest....maybe:~

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=derren+brown

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=derren+brown

Old 31-10-2006, 04:27 AM
BLAIR2BE

it is too bad they spoil the "magic" for us. he is good at manipulating perception though...
Old 22-11-2006, 07:18 PM
hnasc

MY two cents

David also intriques me.

Of course, it's trickery. He's a magician.

But what intrigues me is his energy field. I like to watch him when he is interacting with others.

I've tried more than once to articulate what I see but it eludes me. There is sort of a "cloak of enevitability" around him and it's heavy. Sort of a "can't escape me" sort of knowing. I know, that's so vague and odd that no one may be able to get at what I'm trying to communicate.

There's a core to him that seems sweet, soft, aware and somehow vulnerable and there's another aspect that seems a little doomed...not that he is doomed but that he somehow feels inevitable. his life feels inevitable and that feels like being doomed in some way.

ah.....can't get it.
Old 28-11-2006, 06:21 PM
ljepotica

hnasc I think I understand what you're talking about.

To me he seems too as you said "can't escape me" and he seems to "I got it all figured out" and some kind of well dark but not dark side-I can only use these words and like hnasc cannot find the proper words.

I'm not discrediting Blaine but I've never really been into him, there is something about him that doesn't sit right with me and I can't say what it is...

But we all have our opinions about people/things.
Old 28-11-2006, 06:48 PM
hnasc

Dark vs Dark Side

ljepotica:

Yes, dark but not dark side. That's good.

I am glad you clarified because I personally don't see him as evil or exploitative but I do see some sort of dark energy around him. I really probably should just say dense or thick rather than dark, given the negative connotations that can bring.

When I think of someone who walks the dark side, I think of someone who is invested in pursuing those energies. I don't believe David is.

All of us have a shadow side and all of us have things to heal on the dark side of us but those who live there all the time really vibrate at a frequency that is just frankly, the feeling of evil.

David Blaine feels genuine to me, and yet....I'd like to meet him actually.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:57 PM
White Rabbit

I too believe his ego is the main part that motivates him to perform these stunts, i would also like to know why the parrots are afraid of him, i saw one show where he brought a dead bird back to life infront of a guy who had a pionus parrot on his shoulder and while he brought it back to life, the pionus was terrified and hid in the middle of the guy's back even after david was done. I don't know whether to believe these stunts are true or illusion, but i do know that there is an inner power we can connect to through deep meditation and discipline that the yogis of india and tibetan monks have been able to develop but it is not to be used as a stage performance or to fulfill egotistical wants. This is against the laws of spirit, and does have it's consequences. these spiritual methods are to be used for spiritual journeying and communication not 'wowing a crowd' and feeding one's ego.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 AM
hnasc

Parrot Reaction

Was the parrot on the other man's shoulder terrified the whole time
or just when the other parrot came back to life?

In the few shows where I've seen David working with people on the street, I couldn't say it looked like he was doing it to wow them. He seemed as if he had no choice but to do them, somehow.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:23 AM
BLAIR2BE

he manipulates perception. that seems to be his gift. if i was that good, i too would work the streets, not to feed an ego, but for fun, more than anything, and to practice my gift.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 AM
White Rabbit

the parrot was afraid the whole time, but especially when he 'brought the bird back to life"
Old 08-12-2006, 05:04 AM
soul-searcher

If you guys like David Blaine, I'm sure you would love Criss Angel.... He is amazingly wonderful!!! He has a show on Wednesday nights on A&E..... He does a live show in Vegas.... I have seen him over and over and he amazes me everytime!!! Make sure you guys check him out!!!
Closed Thread