Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Maximilia

Definition of Love...(?)

This is just a blurb, I guess.

I was talking with my mother last night, after we'd gone out for a movie, and I brought up the subject.
I was feeling...very religious at the time. We'd just prayed over ourselves - since we'd watched the Evil Dead; left me with some bad vibes - and, I dunno...I just felt so much love and warmth and happiness and appreciation at the thought of God and Jesus. Which, honestly, isn't very usual for me. Not to the degree I'd felt then. Not even close. Let alone the fact that I've always been more spiritual than religious (if that makes sense).

And during a lull in our conversation, I started thinking, "This is exactly how I feel about (TF)...".
And then, I realized that that's what love is. True love. Unconditional love. When you see God in someone else; in their eyes, in their very being.

God truly is love. And it's just...beautiful!

So...yeah. Feel free to add any thoughts you have on this. Just thought I'd share that little moment in my life :)

L&L

-Max
Old 15-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Suspended
What a lovely blurb. Thank you for sharing. Brightened my day.
Old 16-04-2013, 12:53 AM
lil

Isn't the good of the other? (Aristotle)
Old 20-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Maximilia

I'm glad it brightened your day, Squatchit! I hope the effect has stayed since, however or whoever may have helped sustain it :)

What do you mean, exactly, lil? I don't quite understand your comment...
Old 21-04-2013, 02:45 AM
lil

Hi Max...
I am sorry you do not understand.
It actually relies in the concept of justice, fairness, whatever.
When you do not see who (unconditional), therefore it is veiled.
I intuit love is to set free, to care so deep about the other that be able to be in his/her place and let him/her has his/her space to BE. Being in the place of the other is to feel like him/her, then to love him/her the same way you love yourself.
It is a substantive idea of justice - do to other what you would like to receive - but considering the whole situation.
If ideally every person could practice the good of the other then I guess we do not need to talk about love anymore, because it would be lived as the other's feelings.
And I am sorry if my explanation made things worse to grasp.
Perhaps Aristotelian ethics (Nicomacus) can say it better, and I also feel Phaedrus (of Plato) is complementary. I can PM you if you want.
Old 21-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Master
Anything we try and defy as love is never love, it just cannot be put into a mere concept, we are as the Source, love, we as the Source see ourselves in all there is, this is the closest you can ever defy love.
Old 21-04-2013, 03:41 AM
twincities

Namaste...
Old 21-04-2013, 08:27 PM
lil

Totally agree about the void of concepts... actually it is about the deep feelings that one cannot hold, then it goes...